Tranquility Haven during WWII

quozaxx

Here I am once again, talking about my mental institute. Tranquility Haven Psychiatric Hospital (TH for short). I am writing up a detailed timeline for TH, depicting what happened in each era. The Pulp era and anything after 1945 has lots of great material.

But the timeline during WWII (1940 - 1945) is severely lacking. During the Pulp age, I fit in snippets of Masterminds and Madmen characters. And anything after 1945, has snippets of Champion's Characters from all 3 Villains books.

But I don't have much to go on for WWII. I know that Hero Games made a Golden Era Champions, but that was before I started getting back into hero games. (forth edition, I think). Now, I do have The Fires of War: The Algernon Files Volume 2, from BlackWrym Games. But I've never felt like that was an "official" book. (not like Champions).

So maybe I need some more generic things that might happen (or have happened) to TH during WWII. TH is located in Oklahoma. I would prefer to only have "official" Champions Character (like Captain Patriot) if a one is mentioned.

Re: Tranquility Haven during WWII

Hmm.

I'm not really sure how many of the characters introduced in GAC are considered "official" now. The upcoming GAC would likely make things clearer, but that'll be a while. I don't have 6E, so I can't look up what it says about WW2 nor do I know if its significantly different from what's in 5E.

GAC did have a character called Captain Future, who was a Time Cop from the future sent back to the war-era and who obsessed about inadvertently changing history. Seems ripe for a breakdown to me.

Since oklahoma is as "middle land" as it goes, it would mostly be concerned by stuff that happened on the home front:

Soldiers, Supersoldiers or failed Supersoldier experiments. Maybe psychological screening for a Supersoldier experiment?

Maybe some Nazi-sabotage went haywire, affecting the agents involved. Or innocent bystanders were affected by a "mysteriosu gas cloud" comming form blowing up faciliy X?

Maybe someone got a superpower (something like looking in other dimensions, see hidden things), wasn't believed and sent here on an error?

Maybe some mad professor was sent here, when spies tried to liberate him for the axis war effort?

Since oklahoma is as "middle land" as it goes, it would mostly be concerned by stuff that happened on the home front:

Soldiers, Supersoldiers or failed Supersoldier experiments. Maybe psychological screening for a Supersoldier experiment?

Maybe some Nazi-sabotage went haywire, affecting the agents involved. Or innocent bystanders were affected by a "mysteriosu gas cloud" comming form blowing up faciliy X?

Maybe someone got a superpower (something like looking in other dimensions, see hidden things), wasn't believed and sent here on an error?

Maybe some mad professor was sent here, when spies tried to liberate him for the axis war effort?

Thanks. Anybody have any more? (Since somehow I don't think that the new Golden Age Champions will be out before I write my article for Haymaker)

Good point. Do research' date=' and look through Call of Cthulhu or whatever Lovecraftian games you have access to.[/quote']

Very good point. I was just reading a copy of a new book about Rudolf Hess at the old book store and was struck by just how clearly he comes across as a rapid-cycling bipolar. And the reason that he was rapid-cycling was that benezedrine was pretty much standard issue in a soldier's kit in those days, and he brought a big load of it (and various herbal equivalents such as ephedrine) with him to Britain. In order to press the interrogation, in the first weeks of his confinement, they let him dose himself freely. And then the custodial officers went around whining about his reversions from manic ranting to near-catatonia and suicide attempts.

So then they brought in a psychologist. What's in his report? Blather about how Hess transferred his father issues to Hitler. Hey, it may be true, but maybe if you want him functional, you should take his little blue pills away first!

Psychology had a great deal to learn in the old days. Or, rather, more than it still does.