Names for a heroic cyborg and a heroic mentalist?

assault

Good guy. Hence "a heroic cyborg and a heroic mentalist".

I've been neglecting this project due to "other stuff", but I'm about to take another look at it.

For the mentalist at least, I'm going to sketch out some character builds to see what is possible. She might need some kind of focus to be viable, since she has to buy the same stuff everyone else has, plus a high Ego and Mental Defence.

That will help shape her character concept a bit more, which will help with naming her.

Tin Man and Scarecrow from Oz :D

Thought about "Tinman" for teh Cyborg too. "He wants to have a (human) heart (again)". Just declare that all his cyborg parts made it nessesary to repalce his heart with something artificial. Maybe a generator of some sort.

He might just cling to his original life using his original name (the press might still give him a Nickname). In Full Metal Alchemist the main Characters are the Edwards Brothers. One has artifical leg and arm, the other is a soul bound to a suite of armor. The walking armor just goes by Alphonse (or 'Al' for short - his real name), the more normal brother of the two goes by "Full Metal Alchemist".

Not many Cyborgs I can think of right now in the Source material:

Cyborg

Metallo

Cyborg Superman

Robotman

(Commander) Steel - before the John Henry Irons version

Also a bunch of Marvel cyborgs, none of whom really float my boat.

Roy Harper, the former Speedy/Arsenal/Red Arrow, has a prosthetic arm in some versions, which could easily become a cybernetic one. In fact it was in the Young Justice animated series, and he adopted the name Arsenal because of this, IIRC. (There was also a load of nonsense about a clone of him and blah blah blah).

Anyway, I'm considering that kind of thing, although I might just resort to a generic supername like, say, Dynamo.

Or I might reconsider my entire project. I'm still likely to end up with a cyborg and a mentalist though.

I have been considering going back to square one. I think I will now.

There will be four characters in my group.

Brick

Energy Blaster

Mentalist

Martial Artist

2 will be male.

2 will be female.

1 will not be white.

1 will not be heterosexual.

1 will have a significant physical disability (although powers will substantially compensate for this).

None of these will overlap, so those are three separate characters.

The other member will be white, heterosexual able bodied, and male.

Character designs will be simple and able to be built on very low point totals.

They can then be expanded to arbitrary levels.

Iron Maiden is the first character.

Female

Disability (cyborg)

Brick

Other characters:

???

Male

Gay

Mentalist

Black Opal or Flying Fox

Female

Not White (Indigenous Australian?)

Energy Blaster or Martial Artist

Problem: Black Opal is black.

???

Male

White Hetero Able-bodied

Martial Artist or Energy Blaster

Alternative: Speedster instead of Martial Artist.

Getting back to this.

Provisionally, and unless I come up with something better, the Mentalist will be called Neuroman. It's bland, but serviceable. Kind of like my character design for him.

Now I've still got to sort out what I am doing with the other characters. I might revert to my original selection, and go with Flying Fox, Black Opal *and* Captain Mercury.

With that settled, I'll start on their disads and fluff text. Coming soon.

Provisionally, and unless I come up with something better, the Mentalist will be called Neuroman. It's bland, but serviceable. Kind of like my character design for him.

I've heard worse.  Has a sort of retro-SF ring to it.  Perhaps he could be a long-time veteran of superheroics, and a founder of the current group.

Hope that helps.