I think this guy paid the double points...

Chuckg

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/conservation/news/2003/1027/1648102.html?partnersite=espn

Icelandic 'Iceman' grabs shark to save men

Reuters — Oct. 23, 2003

STOCKHOLM — An Icelandic fishing captain, known as "the Iceman" for his tough character, grabbed a 300 kg (660 lb) shark with his bare hands as it swam in shallow water towards his crew, according to a witness.

The skipper of the trawler "Erik the Red" was on a beach in Kuummiit, east Greenland, watching his crew processing a catch when he saw the shark swimming towards the fish blood and guts -- and his men.

Captain Sigurdur Petursson, known to locals as "the Iceman", ran into the shallow water and grabbed the shark by its tail. He dragged it off to dry land and killed it with his knife.

[...]

[for the rest of the story, hit the URL above]

God dayum.

Here's somebody who definitely paid the x2 point cost for stats over NCM...

Martial Grab +10 ST "Shark Wrastlin!"

As for the weight - 660 pounds is impressive - but when you factor in bouyancy, leverage, and the probability that the shark was dragged out of the water instead of carried...

The real heroism here is the fact that he just walked out and did it with what appears to be little if any fear.

double points

Nahhhhhhhhhh...........this is a great example of heroism(or blatant stupidity - the line drawn is so thin). A real person risked serious injury or death to save the lives of his crew. This is a great showing of character, leadership, compassion and courage. It's also a wonderful real story about a real person and a real occurance. Examples like this are the foundation of what make comic books and Champions a successful medium. Great posting, thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by Supreme Serpent

"Well, of course he drug it to shore to kill it! You don't take on a shark in it's natural element -- that would be reckless!"

:)

*LOL* Okay, I may try to find some way to turn that entire phrase into a persoanlity for my next character :)

"Of course I had to get Grond in the air! You don't take him on in his natural element- That would be reckless." :D

Originally posted by Hermit

*LOL* Okay, I may try to find some way to turn that entire phrase into a persoanlity for my next character :)

"Of course I had to get Grond in the air! You don't take him on in his natural element- That would be reckless." :D

Nice thought.

I know I just went whoa before, but this guy impresses me. He saw a situation and went in and despite risk, fixed it.

It's nice seeing this as opposed to people who survive a stupid situation being called heroic.

Originally posted by D-Man

Martial Grab +10 ST "Shark Wrastlin!"

As for the weight - 660 pounds is impressive - but when you factor in bouyancy, leverage, and the probability that the shark was dragged out of the water instead of carried...

The real heroism here is the fact that he just walked out and did it with what appears to be little if any fear.

No argument with that last sentiment, but on the other side of the feat balance sheet, the shark was undoubtedly struggling to break free while it was dragged to shore, and a shark's hide is very coarse and would have scraped like sin if the captain had grabbed it with bare hands.

It's impressive any way you look at it, though.