Superhero artwork?

Tedology

Hello all,

The thread "Superhero Images" got me thinking:

Where might I find artists who would commission to draw images of my players' characters?

I thought I would offer my players bonuses, such as: "Once you've earned x amount of XP, I'll gift you an artwork of your superhero.", or such.

Thanks for any references and/or ideas! :)

Ted

(ouch!)  :winkgrin:

Well, I could take a shot, see if you like it. Want to send me a description?

Yikes! No, I meant no offense by my comment, Rebar. I like the artwork. I guess I wasn't sure where to look on the site.

Please accept my apologies.  :yes:

You looking to commission or looking for freebies?

If you're looking to commission, there's Storn, troll deviantArt for artists, etc...

I'd be up for commissioning, depending on the quality and price, of course. :) I realize artists have to make a living. :)

I'll check out deviantart...thank you!

Fraimworks

As mentioned before in another thread, the people at Kenzer & Company swear by them.  Plus they've done a lot of work for HERO, so your players should be familiar with their art.

Hope that helps.

I've not always given them the highest points, but they're steady and I have to say, I LOVE that they work together, I think if things had been a little different my brother and I could have done the same thing :) 

I've had really good returns from Juggertha@hotmail.com. I've had him do fantasy genre, but most of his deviantart page is supers.

This is one he did of my character, Shylocke Averyson. I gave him a physical description and said the expression should be, "I hope you feel lucky, punk. But you aren't going to be!" This was the result:

shylocke.jpg?w=196&h=300

Goldenager here on the board might also be available.

What kind of price range are you looking at? I've been getting commissions from a few different artists, and most of them are relatively low cost (but still do good work). All of them have had rpg work published in the past (one was something I released for a few systems but the other 4 have done work for different companies). I've posted a lot of images to my Photobucket account you can check out. If you find an artist whose stuff you like, pm me, and I can give you contact and pricing info for them