Shrinking Usable as an Attack

Hawk yoy are right. If you want the shrunk character to haveless STR and RUN then you need to buy drain.I think though instead of drain I would buy suppress linked to shrinking and use standard effect. P.s. pre-4th shrunk characters did lose running automatically when shrunk.

If you want your "Shrink Ray" to have additional effects, like reducing the target's movement speed, the power of their attacks, etc., it would probably be cleaner to build the power as a Transform and draft up some general guidelines as to how being miniaturized affects the target (e.g.; subtract 20 Active Points from STR and attack Powers, divide all Movement Powers to 1/10th normal, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

So if I have shrinking usable as an attack, what would the in game benefits be?  Would the character shrunk have mobility problems or STR problems.  Or do I need to buy DRAINS vs.  Mobility powers and STR to model this?

Any help is appreciated.

Hawk

Shrinking has only two negative effects - increased Knockback range and reduced natural reach. And there are better ways to do that then Shrinking UAA - Transform in particular.

There is explicit mention that Body Affecting Powers, UAA cannot be used to lower a value (Density Incrase notes that under "No Str Bonus"). If you want to lower a Characteristic or Movement Power then Drain/Supress/Transform are the ways to go. If it affects everyone in a area, look at Change Environment.

Lucius does have a good point:

Drain Movement, KB Resistance, UAA, Side Effect (Target gains benefits of Shrinking) does sound like a good idea.

Note that UAA is there if you want to force a effect on a (enemy) Character.

If the recipient is willing, UOO or Aid are the clean ways to do it.