1. 1. Who should be the villian if there is a sequel to the new FF film

• Mole Man
    • Blastaar
    • Molecule Man
    • Diablo
    • Puppet Master
    • Super Skrull
    • Mad THinker

I think Galactus is a film you build up to, rather than fire off right away.  I'd use the Annihilus/Blastaar, Mole Man, Dr Doom, Super Skrull stories (along with Diablo, check out John Byrne's debut as FF writer in issue 232 for a good template using his character).  Then you do the Galactus story right, not the idiotic space cloud version.

I understand, but it might fit as an origin story and with the larger Cinematic Universe, i.e. Four explorers trying to defend the world against future alien incursions get themselves a few thousand extra rem of radiation, develop powers and send a signal to something better left alone.  This might help them tie in with Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy and could set off negative zone.  Could work with superskrull, but the origin of the superskrull is foe to their powers if you made it the other way round or duplicate the event, you might lose some of that character's menace.  I would think it might work Galactus then Skrulls and then Kree-Skrull War.

I don't think Marvel want to introduce Galactus anytime soon. They're going to a lot of effort to make Thanos the biggest, baddest man in the whole damn galaxy. The appearance of Galactus would ruin that in one fell swoop.

Then there's the problem with Galactus as a foe. He's too powerful. More in the realm of natural disaster than person. Personally I am not a fan of that. It would make the movie more akin to Armageddon than Avengers. YMMV.

I don't think any one of the other villains could carry an entire movie by themselves.  A Skrull invasion that included the Super-Skrull might work, but I would be inclined to go with some sort double threat scenario including both the Mole Man and the Puppetmaster would work on the big screen.

They can make a movie out of Moleman without needing 5 guest stars and the end of the world.  People have made great films about folks sitting around talking in a diner, its a matter of good writing and interesting acting, not a large cast and epic world-shattering plot.

If you want to go this way, you could Moleman for horror type theme or Diablo for a suspense (I have poisoned one of these glasses with iocane powder. . . .), but given Marvel Cinematic Universe orientation towards sci-fi (Aliens in Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Thanos) I would expect one of the FF's otherworldly foes.

• 2 weeks later...