Need help with a German Warrior Woman name

Enforcer84

In that Invaders cover, is Captain America giving the infamous half-Hydra salute in response to Torchie's full Hydra salute?

He seems to be striking a classic 'discus' pose, getting ready to sling his shield at her head  - WHANG!  (No idea what the Torch is doing).

Incidentally, for this feminazi's debut cover they made her look 20 feet tall, but if I remember the interior panels she's drawn as 'only'  7 foot or so.

He seems to be striking a classic 'discus' pose, getting ready to sling his shield at her head  - WHANG!  (No idea what the Torch is doing).

Incidentally, for this feminazi's debut cover they made her look 20 feet tall, but if I remember the interior panels she's drawn as 'only'  7 foot or so.

He's flying, in the classic pose first used by Superman and imitated by every flying superhero since.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that Lucius has a keen eye for the obvious.

He's flying, in the classic pose first used by Superman and imitated by every flying superhero since.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that Lucius has a keen eye for the obvious.

So.. is the Hydra salute a tribute to Superman? ;)

I'd thought Namor was supposed to be Marvel's version of Kal El (according to some); would Namor interpret the other Invader's arm gestures as obeisances toward himself, or mockish tributes to the original?

And on a side note: I can get that Red Sonya readers might wonder about a chainmail bikini and chaffing, but Namor's scale mail thong has got to top that, no?

And how is it supposed to be heroic for three adults and two children to be attacking a lone woman? Or for the adults to turn the kids into child warriors? For android Torchie I suppose I can see the rationale as it's just a machine, after all.

All kidding aside, it's fascinating to see the art of the period; much thanks for providing it.

So.. is the Hydra salute a tribute to Superman? ;)

Only if it involves propelling themselves unaided through the air with their bodies in a horizontal position.

I'd thought Namor was supposed to be Marvel's version of Kal El (according to some); would Namor interpret the other Invader's arm gestures as obeisances toward himself, or mockish tributes to the original?

No, he would interpret it as a human shaped being assuming a position that is as close to aerodynamic as possible.

And on a side note: I can get that Red Sonya readers might wonder about a chainmail bikini and chaffing, but Namor's scale mail thong has got to top that, no?

I could be wrong, but I think it's supposed to be a garment made of the skin of some fish and not any kind of armor nor intended to protect against anything but a public indecency charge.

Lucius Alexander

And how is it supposed to be heroic for three adults and two children to be attacking a lone woman?

How do you know she's alone? There could be a herd of palindromedaries outside the frame

It's gotta be in English, at least partially.  Chances are the players aren't going to speak a lick of German, and so anything grammatically correct is going to sound like some combination of "bloobety blah blah" and the GM clearing his throat.

Think of the good comic book Nazi villains.  Red Skull.  Baron Zemo.  Baron Strucker.  Captain Nazi.  Warrior Woman.  Most of them have English names.  Only a few (like Ubermensch) have German names, and those are still words we're generally familiar with in English.  You could call her something like "The Iron Countess" and it's going to be a lot more memorable than something that is actually correct in German.

It's gotta be? Then I must have misunderstood Enforcer84's question.

His question didn't say that, no.  I'm saying to be a good name it needs to be partially English, or German that is very easy for a non-German speaker to understand.

GM:  His name is Uberdurchtheitendasschtuffvasteinerdrakkenschtoffen.  It sounds really cool if you speak German.

Player:  Umm... wha?

Okay, here are some thoughts from a German point of view

a) warrior = Krieger  (not Kreiger)

b ) names based on the warrior image

- Kriegsmaid (War Maiden)

- Reichskriegerin (female Warrior of the "Reich")

c) Shield Maiden = Schildmaid (nothing to do with Schulmädchen and every German would notice the difference)

an old norse word for shieldmaiden is Randalin, that might work too

I was waiting for you!

Sturmbannführerin

Reichskampfleiterin

Frontfrau

Bombenhagel

Stahlgewitter

It's gotta be in English, at least partially.  Chances are the players aren't going to speak a lick of German, and so anything grammatically correct is going to sound like some combination of "bloobety blah blah" and the GM clearing his throat.

Think of the good comic book Nazi villains.  Red Skull.  Baron Zemo.  Baron Strucker.  Captain Nazi.  Warrior Woman.  Most of them have English names.  Only a few (like Ubermensch) have German names, and those are still words we're generally familiar with in English.  You could call her something like "The Iron Countess" and it's going to be a lot more memorable than something that is actually correct in German.

His question didn't say that, no.  I'm saying to be a good name it needs to be partially English, or German that is very easy for a non-German speaker to understand.

GM:  His name is Uberdurchtheitendasschtuffvasteinerdrakkenschtoffen.  It sounds really cool if you speak German.

Player:  Umm... wha?

No, actually it's gotta be German. That's why I asked for a German name :)