Help with a Name/Powers ?

Opale

Hey peeps !

I need a name for a "powerless" superheroine based on Whipfighting. Picture based on Sydney of the Danger girls comics

And maybe an advise or two to make her quite different from the "Lash" of the Solo Villains book 

Opale, snapping her whip!

Make her a young girl and you could call her B)  Whipper Snapper.

As for Powers, there's only so much you can do with a normal whip, and I think Lash covers most all those bases. The only thing I can think to add might be an Indirect attack where she attacks the chandelier overhead dropping it on her victims?

The only way to really make her different IMO would be to give her a high-tech whip, more like Marvel's Whiplash. Or maybe the whip injects its target with toxins/nanites/whatever causing various Drains, etc?

As for Powers, there's only so much you can do with a normal whip, and I think Lash covers most all those bases. The only thing I can think to add might be an Indirect attack where she attacks the chandelier overhead dropping it on her victims?

The only way to really make her different IMO would be to give her a high-tech whip, more like Marvel's Whiplash. Or maybe the whip injects its target with toxins/nanites/whatever causing various Drains, etc?

Normal is relative - this is still the Champions Forum, so even with a "normal" whip she would be martial artist level skilled using it.

Generally weapon "Reach" is build as a highly limited form of Stretching. The rules for that are even in 6E2. Opale usually uses 5E for wich my resources are highly limited, so no idea if that was the same there.

For some odd weapons like Lasso and Whip, I considerd just using basic stretching instead of Reach.

You can do stuff that Reach had limited out, because it made sense for the sword examples - but simply will not make sense for the Whips, Lassos Kusari-Gamas, etc.

Mostly a whip is Stretching + Focus.

You can attack damage shield users, without taking the effect. If your weapon is indestructible, consider just using "Telekinesis, Restrainable, Limited Range" instead. It might be cleaner then a Indestructible Focus.

Using two of them would allow a lot more maneuvers. You could have Spiderman style swinging using it.

For other examples for Whiplike characters:

Darkseids Female Furies includes "Lashina", wich uses some sort of New God Tech bandages like whips. Perhaps her appereances can inspire you to powers?