Modelling "Earth Shaping"

RDU Neil

I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on this, but I couldn't find it. Thought I'd see what the gurus suggest. 

Earth shaping dude. Wants to be able to "wave of hand" make flat ground into a wall... or create a domed hut, or stone columns grow out of the ground... and they are permanent. This is NOT using TK to push the earth around, but more of a "transform - earth from one shape to another"... which is how I want to buy it, but everything in 6th ED is about transforming a "target" and only something about human sized. 

I'm thinking Transform, AE, Xd6 Minor (earth from one shape to another), maybe cummulative.  Does that seem about right?  (This is not usually for combat purposes... like he still is buying Barrier for that, etc.)  Is there something I'm missing? UNTIL Superpower Database doesn't even list anything like this, but for earthmoving with TK. This is much more than that. I'm assuming it really comes down to being able to define how much "body" is in the earth being shaped? How is that determined? Is there a chart for "body of dirt?" somewhere?  heh.

Can the barrier be permanent?

Barrier is an instant power therefore it's permanent

"Barrier is an Instant Power, so a character only pays END when he first creates a Barrier. A Barrier, once created, is a physical object that remains in existence until destroyed by attacks, the passage of time, or other factors. If a character wants a Barrier that he has to “maintain,” he should apply the Limitation Costs Endurance (to maintain; -½). 6e1 pg 170

Barrier is an instant power therefore it's permanent

"Barrier is an Instant Power, so a character only pays END when he first creates a Barrier. A Barrier, once created, is a physical object that remains in existence until destroyed by attacks, the passage of time, or other factors. If a character wants a Barrier that he has to “maintain,” he should apply the Limitation Costs Endurance (to maintain; -½). 6e1 pg 170

I just don't know how you guys find the rules so fast. I'm apparently a luddite.

I just don't know how you guys find the rules so fast. I'm apparently a luddite.

I open the PDF. I use the bookmarks (left column in Acrobat Reader) to find the right power. Then I skim the text. Copy paste. Remove the fracking CR's Post the page number. Done :D

I open the PDF. I use the bookmarks (left column in Acrobat Reader) to find the right power. Then I skim the text. Copy paste. Remove the fracking CR's Post the page number. Done :D

PDF? Is this available in Windows 1.2? I've been meaning to update, but I ended up spending all my cash on Y2K related necessities.

While Barrier is ok for making a "wall" or such... what I'd also like is the ability to shape earth in other way... create a firebreak with a deep channel of moved earth that is permanent... form a cave in the side of a rock wall, create pillars that support a roof, etc.

The Transform build is much more what we are looking for in terms of non-combat, long term earth shaping. TK "earth moving" and barrier are also part of the power suite.

Thanks all!

PDF? Is this available in Windows 1.2? I've been meaning to update, but I ended up spending all my cash on Y2K related necessities.

Not even sure that Versions of windows before windows 3.1 are compatible with windows. ie They were unstable POSs.

Not even sure that Versions of windows before windows 3.1 are compatible with windows. ie They were unstable POSs.

I've been meaning to upgrade to POS, but I was afraid it might affect my ability to do text adventures. I don't know how I'd fill my time without finding just the right combination of 'pick up' and 'the book' to move on in such games.

Actually, I recently had to replace my laptop. I'm in China, I was hoping to wait until I was back in the states to buy a new one.

I took the pc out of the box, downloaded the vpn I've used for some years now to get past The Great Firewall, downloaded firefox, downloaded my preferred anti-virus, and ran it. That is literally all I did before running anti-virus, I did not use a Chinese search engine to find the website of the VPN, I went directly to their website, have never gotten any malware from that site or their products.

Six, count them, six trojans on the computer. All Chinese. The computer came with them. Free of charge.

Is Windows 1.2 even compatible with Internet?

Hell I don't even think that windows 3.1 is compatible with the internet. NT 4.0 should be fine though. You lose the ability to play those old DOS games. But that's why they make DOSbox.

Actually, I recently had to replace my laptop. I'm in China, I was hoping to wait until I was back in the states to buy a new one.

I took the pc out of the box, downloaded the vpn I've used for some years now to get past The Great Firewall, downloaded firefox, downloaded my preferred anti-virus, and ran it. That is literally all I did before running anti-virus, I did not use a Chinese search engine to find the website of the VPN, I went directly to their website, have never gotten any malware from that site or their products.

Six, count them, six trojans on the computer. All Chinese. The computer came with them. Free of charge.

Crap, no wonder it was free. LOL. Perhaps nuke and pave the HD and install from a genuine MS Windows DVD. Just to be sure. If you don't do that, make sure you check for Rootkits and recheck with a different program (because AV isn't ever 100% good at finding all Virii/Trojans/etc malware

Crap, no wonder it was free. LOL. Perhaps nuke and pave the HD and install from a genuine MS Windows DVD. Just to be sure. If you don't do that, make sure you check for Rootkits and recheck with a different program (because AV isn't ever 100% good at finding all Virii/Trojans/etc malware

Actually, I know exactly where the viruses came from. There are two programs that are on virtually every computer I ever see here, one is ostensibly a firewall, the other is a search engine.

On my previous computer, I accidentally forgot to uncheck boxes when I downloaded something, and those two programs ended up being downloaded. Immediately, same popups as I constantly see on every computer in China, huge issues with a lot of things that normally were no problem. When I finally got them and their junk off my computer, back to normal.

This computer, those were apparently standard issue, which makes me not want to use any computers I haven't personally sanitized in China anymore.

And yeah, I do need to get a second program and do a thorough search. I'm just glad I knew better than to check emails or my bank account before cleaning it all up.

While Barrier is ok for making a "wall" or such... what I'd also like is the ability to shape earth in other way... create a firebreak with a deep channel of moved earth that is permanent... form a cave in the side of a rock wall, create pillars that support a roof, etc.

The Transform build is much more what we are looking for in terms of non-combat, long term earth shaping. TK "earth moving" and barrier are also part of the power suite.

Thanks all!

You can do all this with Barrier, Tunneling, and a Power Skill.

Lucius Alexander

With a Power Skill roll, you can make a "barrier" that is a statue of a palindromedary