A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

I just noticed... what the hell is this "Sticky" thing on a thread? The "Extra Extra" is always on top of the threads and I don't know why (or how to remove it). Coz if I'd known I could do that, I'd have stickied my story up top and kept people reading it.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Recently he decided that lemming wasn't "reasonable" because lemming dared to use facts.

Now he's put proditor on "Ignore" for the same reason.

He seems awfully convinced of his own unassailable wisdom for someone who posted

...don't take my opinion all that seriously.

I wonder how long it will be before he has everyone else on "Ignore" and is just talking to himself? :think:

I've seen so many "quotable" things recently (most of them from posters on this board) that I've been having a hard time deciding which to use and which to throw away.

Instead, I've decided to write my own ever-changing sig generator; it should be taking the list of quotes / siglines I put in a text file and randomly choosing one to display every time someone looks at one of my posts.

It seems to be working for me; would you please let me know if it's working for you? (And to test the changing nature of the dispaly, just hit "Refresh" a couple of times on your browser, if you'd be so kind.)

There's only a small database of quotes right now, but once I'm sure I've got it working right I'll expand it as I see new material I want to use.

Thanks! ;)

Was watching a HALO 2 tourney tonight at the local games store.

One player had used the handle G O D.

So after he grabbed an energy sword and killed another player, the other player's screen flashed "You were assassinated by G O D "

Hmmm... interesting.

Looking at the respective post/hit counts of my book (as of 3/26/05)...

The Prologue - 16/205

Chapter One - 56/406

Chapter Two - 113/650

Chapters Three and Four - 14/126

Chapter Five - 25/171

Chapter Six - 21/97

Trailer, Version I - 37/283

Trailer, Version II - 98/604

I wonder why so many people loved Chapter Two?

Or perhaps the more relevant question would be... why did I lose so many readers AFTER Chapter Two?

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Skaramine

I've finally made a matched pair of Angelina Jolie's HK pistols from Tomb Raider.

Mine are black tops with "sand-colored" handles... as HK makes them in brown, blue and green "camouflage" colors.

They are SOOOO sweet.

If I won that lever action custom rifle, I'd be faced with a HUGE decision.

Sell it and have one or two house payments, or keep it and have an AWESOME rifle.

.50 Express Turnbull restorations WInchester 1886 takedown rifle.

Adequate for anything that lives on land, imo.

Guest Worldmaker

I just lived through one of those parental nightmare scenarios that you begin to dread shortly after your children are born and never quite get free of.

I was sitting on the patio of my in-laws house, reading a really excellent book and sipping a diet coke. Enjoying the fact that it wasn't raining.

My four year old was throwing his brand-new 4-year-old-scaled basketball at the brand new hoop his grandfather installed (its short, so he can reasonably reach it), outside of the pool enclosure but inside the back yard, in full view of me.

I never saw him enter the pool enclosure. I did hear it when he jumped into the deep end of the pool, thank God, and he was under the water no more than the four or five seconds it took me to jump out of my chair, spot him looking up at me from the bottom of the pool, jump into the pool, and grab him.

He's fine. Watching one of his favorite cartoons on Noggin and eating some of the Easter candy his Grammy got for him this morning. He even had to be talked out of wanting to put his "swim muscles" (as he calls his water wings) on and getting back into the pool.

Me, I kept my cool until he was warm and dry and being a happy four year old before I went upstairs and let myself fall to pieces.

Christ, fatherhood is sometimes the toughest job I've ever had.

You know, Ben said he had no idea what happened to my PHP book. But at the same time, I haven't seen the thing in over three months, I never took it to work, and we have completely cleaned over every portion of this house. Something happened to it, and I don't exactly have money coming out of my pours to replace it.

Guest Skaramine

Good news... after months, I've found my 32mb memory card that works in my Digital Camera.

Bad news... I found it by accident even though I was searching for my bloody toner cartridge that I'd bought for my printer... and the more I think of it, the more I think I bought the wrong one. :(

61" widescreen LCD screen

True surround sound

DirecTV 1080i HD w/Full HD Channel Package

New leather tilt/swivel chair w/ottomon

Easter ham, thick cut, w/spicy honey mustard on good rye bread

Ice cold Harp lager

Kentucky vs. Michigan State w/double overtime

Priceless.

Yeah, I'm bragging. So?