Superleap (Superland?)

Sorloc

13pt: Leaping 8" (Accurate)

Accurate is a 5pt adder that means you don't have to make an attack roll to land in your target square. Elevation changes I do not believe are explicitly covered, but it is well within dramatic license for the fiendish storyteller to make various adjustments, primarily for dramatic effect.

1 hour ago, Sorloc said:

Does the power, "Superleap" include a safe landing?

If I can Superleap up 20m, does that mean I must find a perch at that altitude or fall to my death?

If I have Superleap 20m, can I leap down 20m safely?

6e2 141 discusses this.

5er 435.

4er 176.

- E

Edited by eepjr24
Superleap means you are probably in 4e.

6 hours ago, Surrealone said:

It makes about as much sense as desolidification or teleportation … which work in a comic book setting, too … and thus, are also in the rules.

No, jumping up to stop falling is straight outta TOON.

But the question is does this only apply to the Power Leap or does a characters normal Leap work this way as well? 

If Character A buys 4m Leap as a power (adding to their base Stat), and Character B just buys +4m Leap to his/her base of 4m, can they both use their Leap to reduce falling damage as per the rules?  

A starting Character has a Leap of 4m (2m vertical), does that mean every character takes no damage from any fall up to 2m as long as they have a Held Action?   

5 hours ago, mallet said:

But the question is does this only apply to the Power Leap or does a characters normal Leap work this way as well? 

If Character A buys 4m Leap as a power (adding to their base Stat), and Character B just buys +4m Leap to his/her base of 4m, can they both use their Leap to reduce falling damage as per the rules?  

A starting Character has a Leap of 4m (2m vertical), does that mean every character takes no damage from any fall up to 2m as long as they have a Held Action?   

Correct.  The "power" leap and "normal" leap are the same. Just like if you buy STR as a power. This gets into what "normal" is, really, and why a lot of GM's reduce starting base characteristics for NPC's (8 starting stats, -1 Leap, -2 Swim, -2 Run, etc).

- E

Well you have to understand first that leaping upward is half horizontal leap, so if someone can jump 4m, they can jump only 2m up (and thus fall 2m safely).  Pretty much every GM in the game waives the first few meters of fall because they are not going to cause harm anyway.  That is, if you fall 2m, that's not going to harm anyone so no roll.

8 hours ago, mallet said:

There is no question. A character's "normal Leap" IS the Leap Power, just as "normal Running" is the Power, Running.

These are Powers that all normal people possess.

You are creating an artificial distinction. If you don't create that distinction, there is no question. If you choose to create the distinction, it's up to you to decide how things work.

Lucius Alexander

Or you could leave it up to a palindromedary