**FREE** Deckplan geomorphs

shadowcat1313

18 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Sweet!  Thanks!

(oh, and cat:

Thanks for the Traveller HERO books, umpteen moons ago. :)  Still using them :D)

Duke, I know you like looking at old threads and getting caught up. Here's the thread about the Traveller HERO CD-ROM, as well as a solution for the missing page: 

There's a ton of stuff available, and it's all on the CD-ROM. It's worth getting if there's some stuff you are missing.

Thanks, Brian.

As a matter of fact, I ordered that CD rom just last month.  I _still_ haven't opened it yet.  I really need to find the time! :lol:   for the most part, though, the two Traveller HERO books that shadowcat so very graciously sent me some years ago have served all my game-resolution needs, while my original Traveller books (what few I have) manage to keep my universe eventful.  Though I haven't had a traveller group in well over a year now... :(

I bought the disk primarily because, even though they will never get the HERO license again, I really, _really_ wanted to support the effort that went into the making of Traveller HERO, and the exemplary people they have demonstrated themselves to be.

49 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

I bought the disk primarily because, even though they will never get the HERO license again, I really, _really_ wanted to support the effort that went into the making of Traveller HERO, and the exemplary people they have demonstrated themselves to be.

Precisely my thoughts. I was playing a Traveller GURPS game for a while, for the first time in my life, when this CD became available. I jumped on it as soon as I heard so I could take a look at things in HERO terms. Everything gets translated through HERO for me, even the way I watch movies. 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it a long time ago as you Tech and Duke mentioned above.  I will buy almost anything not Pulp nor Champions.

Everything in one CDROM...  PDFs and HeroDesigner files.  At least I still have a linux box that can read it.  ?

That and it has power armor (BattleDress) write-ups.

Both.  Full write-ups in the first book that I am looking through.  Equipment, profession templates, racial templates, etc.  For example, the K'kree template has 61 points in abilities and -40 points in disadvantages.

When I bought it, I did not realize that it was 5th edition.  I did not know you could buy them in the Hero Store (under 5E Star Hero).

https://www.herogames.com/forums/store/category/15-star-hero/

Still glad I bought the CDROM.

On 11/2/2018 at 1:07 PM, Tech said:

Even though I never got into Traveller, this is well done. I plan to use some of this for Champions games for bases, vehicles, etc.

I did get some old material for free on DriveThru RPG I think.

I had to look it up, but it is apparently still avalible:

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/80190/CTSTStarter-Traveller

The System is insteresting, to say the least. Not many systems can claim a TPK chance during Character Creation. Might be a bit too low powered, however.
I mean basically you are playing a NPC class from D&D 3.X in power.

58 minutes ago, Christopher said:

Might be a bit too low powered, however.
I mean basically you are playing a NPC class from D&D 3.X in power.

I have a sincere curiosity, and I hope you will take a few minutes to indulge it.

I am curious to understand how you reach this conclusion.

I do not understand if by "NPC class" you mean something about the power levels of the characters, or their background skills.

Thank you for your indulgence, should you do so.

11 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I have a sincere curiosity, and I hope you will take a few minutes to indulge it. 

I am curious to understand how you reach this conclusion. 

I do not understand if by "NPC class" you mean something about the power levels of the characters, or their background skills. 

Thank you for your indulgence, should you do so.

Travellers Power level is really low. I can not remember if there even was a mechanic to increase skills during play (like Experience Points) at all. Need to re-read it. I need to re-read the roles for that.

20 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

It was to be expected: you were playing a normal human amongst normal humans. No supers, no God-like umpth-level warriors and mage. 

The game emphasized planning, skill, and wits over physical superiority.  

Even in a game like Call of Cuthulu, Warhammer Fantasy, Dark Heresy or Paranoia you are given some edge over the Rank and File.

It clearly shows that Traveller was one of the first RPG's ever.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:54 AM, Christopher said:

Even in a game like Call of Cuthulu, Warhammer Fantasy, Dark Heresy or Paranoia you are given some edge over the Rank and File.

It clearly shows that Traveller was one of the first RPG's ever.

In Traveller, your charqcter progression was by aquiring Influence, money and/or social standing.inreasing one's statsk was done by buying better equipment. There was no skill progression or character imrpovement in the initial books, But I think way later, there was a learning system in one of the modules. I havent played Traveller since college Freshman year, so its been a while.

if I remember (because I never owned that supplement, but had seen it in use.  Same with Traveller "Character Sheets"), you tracked successful uses of the skill, and every "x" successes gave you an opportunity to increase them, but I don't remember what that mechanic actually was, or even _if_ it was.  It might have been simply "get a +1 every X successes."