Help with a real Vixen

JmOz

So my Heroes of San Corona Campaign is getting to the "Rising Action" section of the plot.

The heroes, who have banded together to protect the city after the disappearance of the Fox and his various associates are about to be called on to save one of the former heroes of the city, The Vixen.  Vixen is basically a Nightwing/Phantom Lady mix.  She has trained under the Fox, but assumed the role of Vixen when she was in her 20's.  She uses her intelligence, sex appeal, and fighting skills to take down crime.

Anyways I know she has been kidnapped and experimented on by the big bad (who the heroes are about 50% right on who it is).  Now she has some Fox DNA mixed in with her own, making her a bit of a wild animal (thinking Werewolf ish type creature, but not super natural...well maybe considering the big bad is supernatural in orientation).  

What I am asking is for some ideas on what her character sheet should be like... I know, very personal based on the campaign, but ideas never hurt

Checking your website, you are talking about 6e.

The main impact would be on her Complications. Enraged/Berserks, various strange reactions to things/people/situations. Perhaps, for example, her animalistic senses make her susceptible to certain things. (Tear gas?) Psych Complications, Distinctive Features, Hunteds, Whatever.

All her complications could be derived from this, or maybe just some of them. She might still have a Secret ID, have Hunteds other than the big bad, more or less human Psych Complications and so on.

To me, the generic "spliced with animal DNA" power set means increased physical characteristics, with, in this case, enhanced senses (useful for a character of her type). I wouldn't bother giving her functional fangs (Killing Attack). She could, under some conditions, exhibit cosmetic ones, potentially giving her a bonus to intimidation based Pre attacks, although at the expense of exposing her no longer entirely human nature etc. (Probably worth 0 points, on the basis of benefits vs drawbacks.)

So she'd pretty much be who she would normally be given her Nightwing/Phantom Lady shtick, but with a perfect excuse for boosting her characteristics and senses. And some nice potential subplots.

I like Wikipedia to give me hints here. Particular "X in Folklore/pupular culture":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxes_in_popular_culture

Now the usual atribute of Foxes is Trikster/Smarts user. Something that works just as well in Heroic as Villanious roles.

If you try to play up the (forcefully brought on) villany a bit, there are a few Interpretations of notice:

Dogon (Afrika) is either a embodiment of chaos or a messenger of the gods. Or both.

"Kuma Lisa is a fox from Bulgarian folklore and Russian folklore who usually plays the role of the trickster. Kuma Lisa is encountered with another character known as Kumcho Vulcho - a wolf which is opposite to her and very often suffers from her tricks."

It is worth considering that Foxes and Wolfes actually both are part of hte Family Canidae. What if she flipped over from "Fox to Wolf"? She was tired of being seen "as a Fox, when she is a wolf"?

"The Moche people of ancient Peru worshiped animals and often depicted the fox in their art.[6] The Moche people believed the fox to be a warrior that would use his mind to fight. The fox would not ever use physical attack, only mental."

Maybe she somehow develops Mental Powers?

As I said over in High tech Plots, the biggest issues is actually knowing too much or trying to make too much sense out of it. We know there is no realistic way in wich Adding Fox's DNA to Vixes would result in mental powers. But this is Superheroic. Anything goes.

Foxes are a bit distant, and wary. They are one of the few animals other than humans that kill other than for food. They are very playful. They flee from predators larger than themselves. They make a lot of odd noises. They have exceptional hearing, and good vision in low light. They are intensely curious. 

I think if she has fox DNA,  (soooooperecience!) I would probably give here targeting sense hearing, low light vision, discriminatory smell. Maybe a small amount of super leap. For disads, maybe a personality change giving her a bit of distance except with old friends, playful with those, and a bit wreckless with the health and well being of opponents. Of course she would have distinctive looks: firey red hair, concealable, even orange eyes and it’s vertical slits to go with the low light vision. 

If you want to go the monster route, Take the above, double normal ground movement, give her enough super leap for a three story reach. Not a lot of strength, but a generous amount of CON and some DEX.  Give her some claws or teeth for small HKAs enough to put normals in the hospital.   Her DCV should be superb and probably better than her OCV. Targeting sense hearing with reduced range mods would help, and a fair amount of stealth. Disads would be about the same as above, but a bit more intense. Maybe turn distant into skittish, and add obsessive curiosity. Distinctive looks should be liberally applied appropriate to the campaign tone, and decide hoW much of her mind is in control and if she can exist in society, or if she has a tendency to bite people. She as a monster could still be cute as heck though. Just look up Juniper The Fox on Instagram XD. Just some ideas my insomnia is tossing around. Hope this helps. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Bump of direction is the lowest application of this. This sounds more like the Sharks magnetic sense: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ampullae_of_Lorenzini

Wich has different "Background Noise" based on the direction you are facing.

Maybe "perect range sense" with some steep limitations?

Mixing human and animal DNA, perhaps her pheromones now have some modest effect on human males? It could cause them a minor DCV reduction due to distracting sex appeal or being a bit more agreeable to her orders (low-level Mind Control based on CON).

I suppose a small tail and maybe fox-like ears replacing her human ears are a possibility, with animal-like senses like enhanced smell and hearing.

To borrow a notion from the late, great Stan Lee, she could have the proportional strength of a fox, which could be significant or not. I'm not sure how strong foxes are for their size, but it could be handwaved as an excuse for her now having a 25-30 STR..

For what it's worth, Steve--

Foxes are physically weaker than other canids of similar size.  However, their tendon strength is notably better, allowing them to leap higher and run further and longer than most other dogs of similar size.  Perhaps 1/2 END on a few extra inches of running, a bit of leaping (wouldn't that be a surprise when you think your villain is cornered? :lol:  )

Honestly, as far as strength versus size versus leaping and running, they are much more like house cats than dogs.  Now to be certain, they are canids and not cats, but they are better at cat things than they are at dog things.