Villains with power from aliens

Tech

I'm looking for more human villains like Esper, who gained power directly due to aliens (they tried to take her over and failed). I'm not looking for people with alien artifacts/gear (foci), nor am I looking for aliens. I'll make one exception and that's Howler because she's cool and works with the episode I'm planning for this week. So, herodom, can you help?

1 hour ago, Tech said:

I'm looking for more human villains like Esper, who gained power directly due to aliens (they tried to take her over and failed). I'm not looking for people with alien artifacts/gear (foci), nor am I looking for aliens. I'll make one exception and that's Howler because she's cool and works with the episode I'm planning for this week. So, herodom, can you help?

The only one who comes to mind (pun intended) is Esper herself. Everyone else either is aliens themselves or wield alien technology. Those who are experimented upon usually become heroes, not villains.

Which means you have to get created and make your own. Or change the origins of some mutant villains. Maybe the "mutations" were the results of alien abductions on pregnant women instead of natural genetic mutations to survive an increasingly poisoned world.

Hmm... your proscriptions do limit the possibilities, but I can think of a few others who might fit. If you're willing to consider Howler, you might also look at the Warlord's minion Warcry, who had Hzeel communication devices implanted directly into his throat in imitation of Howler. The VIPER Dragon Branch villain Occulon gained his powerful eyebeams from Dr. Moreau implanting Hzeel eyes after he lost his own. Professor Paradigm's follower Tesseract has an origin very similar to Esper's, except the possessing aliens were extradimensional rather than extraterrestrial.

The first generation of Empyreans, known as "the Ancients," were created out of pre-human stock by the alien Progenitors. Garon, archivist and historian of the Empyreans, is the only Ancient known to still be living on Earth. (Unknown to the Empyreans, the monstrous Ancient named Ogurn is still alive and trapped beneath the surface of the Earth.)

Several Champions supers were empowered by the "coruscations of power" cast across space and time by the cosmic catastrophe which created the alien tyrant Xarriel: the villains Photon, Sunspot, Stareye, and Vector, and the hero Victory.

In case heroes with such origins might be of interest to you: Diamond, longest-serving member of the Sentinels, and a founder of the legendary Fabulous Five, was transformed along with the rest of the Five by the explosion of the alien ship containing the invading Kuzane. Speaking of the Kuzane, an artifact from their ship was taken up by a group of monks as the Bell of the Chosen, which empowered the CU's analogue to Superman, the late Vanguard.

If you'd be willing to consider other deceased supers, the young hero Sunheart was made the imprisoning vessel for a criminal of the alien energy-race called the F'woosh. His ultimate fatal failure to control the alien's power led the hero Rowan to found Ravenswood Academy.

Qularr scientists discovered a dormant clone of the supervillain Revenger on the Moon, and experimentally mingled it with captured Gadroon genetic material, creating a superstrong monster which went berserk and killed them. The monster is still trapped on the Moon.

5 hours ago, Tech said:

you mea likw an evil Billy Batson ?

9 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

That actually brings up a good point: did you want just official villains from the current CU, or including villains from past editions of the game, or even from other published settings using Hero System?

Villains from any edition of the game, but not other published settings (i.e. Champions 3000, Justice Inc., Danger Intl, etc).

11 hours ago, Tech said:

Villains from any edition of the game, but not other published settings (i.e. Champions 3000, Justice Inc., Danger Intl, etc).

Ah, okay. In that case Cassandra's suggestion of the Pantheon from Alien Enemies would be directly relevant. And that opens some other possibilities.

From Challenges for Champions, the villain Starhand of the Hand supervillain group is another human bonded to an alien symbiote. So too is the Mexican matter-transmuting villain, the Chemichameleon, from Enemies: The International File.

From the adventure, Atlas Unleashed, all the Atlas supervillains gained powers by tapping the "Q'rrm Effect," the combined psychic energy of the extinct Gobylite race. While the Seven Horsemen (from the module of the same name) had their origins due to an artifact of a Lovecraftian race of "Old Ones" that was explicitly extraterrestrial.