Best Super Yard Sale Tournament - Round 2

For the Best New Super Yard Sale Tournament, each person submitted 2 entries of a comic book character that they would like to see have a huge yard sale!  

You the voters will decide who would host the Best Super Yard Sale! Anyone can participate.

Round 1 Results:

Batman (2) OVER Doctor Sivana (8) – 7 to 2

Doctor Fate (9) OVER Galactus (6) – 5 to 4

Iron Man (2) OVER Black Panther (3) – 5 to 4

Rocket Raccoon (1) OVER Krakoa (6) – 7 to 2

Lex Luthor (3) OVER John Constantine (4) – 7 to 2

Doctor Strange (5) OVER Metron (7) – 8 to 1

Reed Richards (9) OVER Rip Hunter (8) – 7 to 2

Doctor Doom (5) OVER Taneleer Tivan, the Collector (1) – 5 to 4

Toy Man (4) OVER The Ringer (7) – 5 to 4

Rained Out: Psybolt (6), Starlord (7), archer (8)

Round 2 Match-Ups:

Iron Man (2) OR Doctor Doom (5)

Lex Luthor (3) OR Reed Richards (9)

Rocket Raccoon (1) OR Toy Man (4)

Batman (2) OR Doctor Fate (9) OR Doctor Strange (5)

11 hours ago, Psybolt said:

I am out and that is sad, but there is no way the Collector should be out.  That was clearly the correct answer.  

According to the comics, he collects unique items so he wouldn't have duplicates of items that are in his collection. And he doesn't get rid of the unique items he's collected.

What are we hoping to buy at his yard sale? His old Tupperware? ;)

40 minutes ago, Starlord said:

The person who you would most like to see have a yard sale....

The Collector's attachment to his things shouldn't matter.  In fact, his resistance to selling his collection actually enhances his position in this competition.  I agree he should have crushed this category.

My experience with yard sales is that people sell their most unwanted crap: with emphasis on the "crap".

YMMV

22 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Oh, I agree...but that shouldn't apply here given the stated parameters. 

Given the stated parameters, you get to choose only the person who is giving the garage sale, not the contents of that sale.

It makes sense to me to choose someone who might actually be selling stuff I want to buy rather than picking someone who I know won't be selling his good stuff.

I'll grant that we are clearly reading the parameters differently.

Logically, Captain America is never going to sell his shield in a yard sale.  However, in a wish-fulfillment scenario where I get to pick Cap having a yard sale obviously I assume he's selling his cool shield and the wings on his cowl that I really, really want - not just his old socks.  Also, you stated that people only sell their crap (Sure, Doom is not quite as freakishly obsessive as Tivan, but no way would he ever sell his time machine)...so then all contestants are selling their crap...so then why the heck would I participate in that wish fulfillment scenario in the first place?

Agree with Starlord and Psybolt. That is why I nominated The Collector. My assumption is that he is being forced to part with some or all of his collection. 

There may be an animated episode that is similar to the premise of this tournament.