Tactics skill?

specks

What in any way is the tactics skill used in your games?

I know some master villains have it (ex. Doctor Destroyer) and supers like Batman and Captain America have used it in their adventures.

Do you tie it in with a power (i.e. clairsentience) or skill (add points to other skills), do you roleplay it or use it at all?

I'd roll it in to Teamwork and use it make combined moves on bad guys.

In a fantasy setting I'd use it as a skill roll for deciding how a battle goes. Also to allow a player to choose their position in the battle, in a narrative sense. That is they can work out where the most dangerous (and thus glorious!) place to be is. Or where the safest place to be is.

And as a complimentary skill for spotting and setting up ambushes. (So to PER and Stealth in these situations.) 

The battle and ambush uses I've stolen straight from Legend of the Five Rings. (L5R calls it the Battle skill.)

Pretty much the same here.  Sometimes I'll also use the success level as bonus initiative dex when determining order of actions in the phase, on the idea that the guy with the tactics skill has worked himself into an advantageous situation in that regard.  Ive also used it when a group is trying to locate a target on the move:  "no;  I don't think he would go that way.  Sure, it makes sense at first blush, but based on what we know about him and what we've seen him do, I'd bet anything that he's somewhere in this area...." 

That sort of thing.  And as above, as a complementary roll in appropriate situations. 

Often it comes up. IF they make a Tactics roll, I listen to that character's plan, and if necessary, write him notes, or take them into the kitchen (private GM ausience) and give them information that will allow the pan to be better.  I will also use it to determine what a master villains next move would be, if there has been insufficient evidence gathered to predict that move in other areas.