Suspended Animation Healing.

steriaca

Does the target have to be willing?

Can you force someone into the suspended animation?

How long does the healing take? Minutes, hours, weeks? 

Does the Suspended Animation offer any protection to the character, or is he/she completely defenseless during this time? 

At it's base (assuming it is not an "attack" and the subject is willing, then I would build it as:

Simulate Death (UOO) Linked to Healing

I think both of these builds are about as solid as it gets, really.

Mostly, I think GB(i) brings up an _extremely_ important and often-overlooked point: just because something _can_ be modeled via Powers, not everything _needs_ to be: sometimes it's not a power as much as it is a problem: "well, he's healing nicely, but the enemy will return at some point, and we can't move him easily now that he's encased in ice...."

That sort of thing.

Now if the "sleeping in ice" provides some sort of Defense, etc-- then you might have to further your build a bit.  But like both of the folks above: the simpler, the better.   

(really nice builds, guys!  )

Transform (character into character with Healing/Regeneration that takes extra time, and encased in ice/unable to take any action/in suspended animation); Transforms back when fully healed.

Practically, whatever he gains (Barrier type defenses and Healing; maybe Life Support) will be more than offset by the abilities he can't use.

20 hours ago, steriaca said:

How would you simulate putting someone in suspended animation, and slowly heal the subject? I know it would probably be a complicated multi-power power.

Without looking at the other answers,

My instinct would be Longevity, Useable on Others, Side Effect (Person is unconscious the whole time). Then link that to a small unconscious, uncontrolled Heal with time delay (or perhaps a "wake up" trigger).

Edit: I was obviously thinking about suspended animation for science fiction purposes such as travel between the stars. Simulate Death would be fine for days but obviously not for a lifetime. :D

On 9/10/2019 at 6:40 PM, Duke Bushido said:

I think both of these builds are about as solid as it gets, really.

Mostly, I think GB(i) brings up an _extremely_ important and often-overlooked point: just because something _can_ be modeled via Powers, not everything _needs_ to be: sometimes it's not a power as much as it is a problem: "well, he's healing nicely, but the enemy will return at some point, and we can't move him easily now that he's encased in ice...."

That sort of thing.

Now if the "sleeping in ice" provides some sort of Defense, etc-- then you might have to further your build a bit.  But like both of the folks above: the simpler, the better.   

(really nice builds, guys!  )

In a lot of superhero and science fiction settings, I'd expect the suspended animation to often come from an automated doctor "autodoc" (OAF, immobile, has to be plugged into a power source) coffin that the patient is dumped into. We've seen that kind of technology used by DC comic's Teen Titans, Marvel's Avengers comics, and Larry Niven's Known Space novels.

If that's the case, normal focus rules on BODY and DEF plus combat rules about cover would apply.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 5:55 PM, Hugh Neilson said:

Transform (character into character with Healing/Regeneration that takes extra time, and encased in ice/unable to take any action/in suspended animation); Transforms back when fully healed.

Would the target not then have to pay for the new special power (able to heal/regenerate), since Transform is permanent?

DC :)

Why would anyone pay extra to link Simulate Death to Healing when you could just buy the Healing by itself, and the subject would be able to walk and talk and engage in all his normal activities?

You don't pay more points for something that's a limitation.  Buy Healing with whatever Gradual Effect/Extra Time you want, and then add a Lockout limitation at, say, -2: Subject is completely immobile and unconscious for the entire duration.  Link some Defenses if the subject is in some protective encasement (steel autodoc box, ice, carbonite, etc.).

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 2:21 PM, steriaca said:

How would you simulate putting someone in suspended animation, and slowly heal the subject? I know it would probably be a complicated multi-power power.

Regeneration, Usable By Others with a Side Effect (sleep that is ODCV, totally unaware) that always occurs when used?  Maybe build it using continuous charges so you can switch the multipower reserve after activating it, too?