Lady Training

steriaca

7 minutes ago, Amorkca said:

"So it could be coincidence??" Avis ponders aloud, "Not some supervillain out to take over the city or transport it thousands of kilometers underground for nefarious reasons?"

"Not everything needs to be an insidious plot to take over the world by some super smart megalomaniac who works in such a way that even when he wins, nobody knows he has won."

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Amorkca said:

But it is possible!!

"Anything is possible. But we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Else we start beating up random people unsure if we are going the right way or not. Also, it would show that we are not as different than the villains we fight."

On 3/28/2020 at 3:51 PM, steriaca said:

"Anything is possible. But we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Else we start beating up random people unsure if we are going the right way or not. Also, it would show that we are not as different than the villains we fight."

Well technically we've only fought two villains, one was insane and the other just wanted to be left alone...

How else are we supposed to get exercise if we aren't "Jumping to conclusions" or "running down the boss"?

<I presume we are heading back to base> Report time again?  What was the name of the cop Beverly fingered as a possible cat burglar?  Oh ya Detective Lieutenant Barbara Whitfield.

Looks at the others, who is our police contact now?

24 minutes ago, Amorkca said:

Well technically we've only fought two villains, one was insane and the other just wanted to be left alone...

How else are we supposed to get exercise if we aren't "Jumping to conclusions" or "running down the boss"?

<I presume we are heading back to base> Report time again?  What was the name of the cop Beverly fingered as a possible cat burglar?  Oh ya Detective Lieutenant Barbara Whitfield.

Looks at the others, who is our police contact now?

(Detective Lieutenant Diana Grove is their police liaison and head of the Paranormal Affairs Unit.)

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

(Detective Lieutenant Diana Grove is their police liaison and head of the Paranormal Affairs Unit.)

Avis gets the number from their files and calls the police department, "Hello can you connect me with Detective Grove please? Yes, I'd like to make an appointment to meet with her.  I'm part of the Junior Justice Foundation.  Thanks I will hold for her..."

8 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"Grove here.  What can I do for you?"

"Hello Detective, I'm Avis from the Junior Justice Foundation, and we've been looking at the cat burglary information, we've actually gone to talk with Beverly, one of the potential suspects but didn't really get very far with her.  She did point a finger at one of the officers but I think she's just deflecting attention away from herself."

"At any rate," Avis continues, "I was wondering if you had come across any other leads we could assist you with?"

11 hours ago, Amorkca said:

"Hello Detective, I'm Avis from the Junior Justice Foundation, and we've been looking at the cat burglary information, we've actually gone to talk with Beverly, one of the potential suspects but didn't really get very far with her.  She did point a finger at one of the officers but I think she's just deflecting attention away from herself."

"At any rate," Avis continues, "I was wondering if you had come across any other leads we could assist you with?"

"Afraid not, Avis," Diana replies.  "It wasn't Beverly.  There was a traffic accident that tied up the freeway that with the fastest route to the city.  The other two good routes she could've taken were closed, one is having utility lines replaced while the other had a bus break through the blacktop."

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"Afraid not, Avis," Diana replies.  "It wasn't Beverly.  There was a traffic accident that tied up the freeway that with the fastest route to the city.  The other two good routes she could've taken were closed, one is having utility lines replaced while the other had a bus break through the blacktop."

"Yeah," Avis replies, "Ghost Cat helped get the bus out of the hole!"

He thinks for a moment, "Has this been a rare occurrence or have other attempts been made?  Do you think if we patrolled some areas of the city we might catch someone in the act? Would you welcome us doing this?"

1 hour ago, Amorkca said:

"Yeah," Avis replies, "Ghost Cat helped get the bus out of the hole!"

He thinks for a moment, "Has this been a rare occurrence or have other attempts been made?  Do you think if we patrolled some areas of the city we might catch someone in the act? Would you welcome us doing this?"

"There are between two and three dozen burglaries each day, some are committed during daylight hours," Diana said.  "It wouldn't hurt if you patrolled.  During the daytime, the burglars are probably wearing regular clothes."

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"There are between two and three dozen burglaries each day, some are committed during daylight hours," Diana said.  "It wouldn't hurt if you patrolled.  During the daytime, the burglars are probably wearing regular clothes."

"Thanks Detective," Avis quips, "I will check with the other team members and see how we can possibly help you out!  One of us will get back to you once we have a plan in place!"

Avis hangs up, looks around at GC & LH.  "We might want to include the missing members in on this action plan!"

On 4/1/2020 at 9:11 PM, steriaca said:

"I say the more mobile members fly in rotation between targets, while the more steadfast members take one site and go into stakeout mode."

Assuming that she's been listening in, Arachne will be in stakeout mode on one site.

13 hours ago, Amorkca said:

So we three shall be the mobile ones and Arachne can be close quartered.  Arachne, where do you want to start?

"Poverty Gulch isn't the only wealthy neighborhood," Arachne says.  "There's also Brackett Park in the city and Falcon Bluff and Royal Grove in Lakeview.  Both Poverty Gulch and Brackett Park are near University Commons."

4 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"Poverty Gulch isn't the only wealthy neighborhood," Arachne says.  "There's also Brackett Park in the city and Falcon Bluff and Royal Grove in Lakeview.  Both Poverty Gulch and Brackett Park are near University Commons."

Since there are 4 of us lets do a 1 in Lakeview, 2 in poverty Gulch(Arachne and our fastest flyer) and 1 in Brackett Park
every few day we swap where our heavy 2 person unit is
we have radios to call in the others should 1 unit strike gold

Also maybe it is time we found out how fast you can fly

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Since there are 4 of us lets do a 1 in Lakeview, 2 in poverty Gulch(Arachne and our fastest flyer) and 1 in Brackett Park
every few day we swap where our heavy 2 person unit is
we have radios to call in the others should 1 unit strike gold

Also maybe it is time we found out how fast you can fly

"Okay," Arachne says.  "One good thing about this is that Poverty Gulch and Brackett Park are next to each other."