Lady Training

steriaca

2 hours ago, Beast said:

GC will go in via the back alley entrance

As you do, you notice two black-clad women in the locker room.  Their gloves go halfway up the forearms of their sweaters, insuring that nobody sees any bare skin.  One says, "I think we had a few more cops that normal in tonight," as she folds her ski mask up, revealing the stocking mask under it.

"Yeah," the other says as she does the same, making the ski mask look like a watch cap.  As she lifts the stocking mask, revealing blonde hair, she adds, "You'd think that they'd remember to at least wear gloves, if not a ski mask.  After all, we're pretending we're cat burglars."

"So true," says the first, lifting her stocking mask and revealing red hair.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GC will find a place she can alter her current form to add a slight color shade shift body stocking and then a fishnet overlay along with gloves / white fingernails(no claws as those can come out without shape shifting) with makeup to match the body stocking shade shift 

also a few hairs sticking out to look like she is wearing a wig(raven black vs her normal white hair)
this will take a minute to do

4 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"You're welcome," Miss Valentine says as she and Lady Heart enter an elevator.  "The control area is the balcony of the one-bedroom apartment Catherine and I share.  I was on duty when she came in last night at 10:25 PM.  She'd been drinking beer at The Light-Fingered Lady, which we both love going to.  From what she said, Detective Lieutenant Barbara Whitfield and Detective Sergeant Elizabeth Belding, both of the Burglary Bureau, shared a table with her."  The elevator door opens.  "This is our floor."

"Do you know of anyone who would want to frame the both of you for anything?"

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Do you know of anyone who would want to frame the both of you for anything?"

"No," replies Kristen Valentine.  "Besides, they couldn't frame Catherine.  She has to wear an electronic ankle monitor at all times."  She pauses, then adds, "Besides, I suffer from allergies and mild asthma.  Not good if you're a burglar."

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"No," replies Kristen Valentine.  "Besides, they couldn't frame Catherine.  She has to wear an electronic ankle monitor at all times."  She pauses, then adds, "Besides, I suffer from allergies and mild asthma.  Not good if you're a burglar."

"True. But I suspect Bultz is going to ignore facts and pin the blame on her anyways. Guilty till proven innocent and all that rubbish. All in all, he is not a bad cop, just way behind of the times." She pauses for a bit. "Ever gone to Piper's?"

"No, I've never been to Piper's," Kristin replies.  "It doesn't open until my shift starts."  She pauses, then says, "All Butz has to do is check the tracking log showing where Catherine is, and, if necessary, Barbara Whitfield can explain things to him.  After all, burglary is her bailiwick, not his."

10 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

The Light-Fingered Lady is one of several bars on the ground floor of an apartment building.  The staff entrance is on an alley behind the building that it shares with the other bars.

While GC heads around the back way Avis waits for the main door to open and sneaks in above the doorway.

Stealth 14-

Shrinking -10 to perception rolls to spot him.

12 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"No, I've never been to Piper's," Kristin replies.  "It doesn't open until my shift starts."  She pauses, then says, "All Butz has to do is check the tracking log showing where Catherine is, and, if necessary, Barbara Whitfield can explain things to him.  After all, burglary is her bailiwick, not his."

"Oh. That is right. I'm not old enough to get in, but each time I pass by the place, I feel something coming out of that place I can't describe. Something about the place, or the owners."

"Your right about that. I should check in with Detective Whitfield. I wonder if it has anything to do with reports of a tuxedo clad man sneaking into jewelry shops and not taking anything..."

(Cue Tuxedo Mirage.)

11 hours ago, Amorkca said:

While GC heads around the back way Avis waits for the main door to open and sneaks in above the doorway.

Stealth 14-

Shrinking -10 to perception rolls to spot him.

The door opens and, as a black-clad woman with shoulder-length strawberry-blonde, partially-hidden by a watch cap, exits, he flies inside.

He finds himself in the foyer, which has a stored-value card machine, a door to the bar itself, and a desk with, probably, a woman behind it.  The door to the bar opens, and another black-clad figure walks out.   The figure, a woman, pulls her ski mask off before reaching behind her black hair and pulling out a barrette, letting her hair fall to mid-back.  Pocketing it, she turns to the figure at the desk and says, "I love coming here."

The figure at the desk says, in a soft, feminine voice, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," the black-haired woman says before putting her mask back on and rolling it up.

1 minute ago, Mark Rand said:

(Who?)

(You know who. Or maybe not. Your digression. But think...what anime/manga character started as a guy in a tuxedo searching for a jewel because some princess in a dream asked him to do so?

It doesn't matter if Tuxedo Mask exists in the world or not. Someone may of tried a tuxedo as a costume and robbed jems at some time or another.)

55 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Oh. That is right. I'm not old enough to get in, but each time I pass by the place, I feel something coming out of that place I can't describe. Something about the place, or the owners."

"Your right about that. I should check in with Detective Whitfield. I wonder if it has anything to do with reports of a tuxedo clad man sneaking into jewelry shops and not taking anything..."

"You should talk to Catherine first," Kristin says, removing her jacket, revealing the black turtleneck sweater under it.  As she hangs it up, a radio call from the Seahorse is heard over speakers.

"Go ahead, Seahorse."

"What's your clearance," Curry Street Bridge?"

"Forty two feet six inches, Seahorse."

"Clearance is the distance between the river and the lowest point on the bridge," Kristin explains.

56cccd960fcd6634.jpg

The control room is what would normally be the balcony.  A monitor over the desk displays weather information.  More monitors are over the control console.  "Since we have to make sure nobody's in the way when we drop the barriers, we have video cameras in the overhead structure.  Other cameras monitor traffic on the bridge, on the cross street, and in the river.  Additionally, there's a bridge status monitor and a second weather monitor."

Redheaded Catherine's fingers are flying over the controls.  "All barriers are down, all bridge traffic lights are red, and the decks are clear," she says.  "Span locks are open.  I'm raising the bridge."  She steps on a pedal and pushes what looks like a computer joystick forward.

"The pedal's a safety switch," Kristin explains.  "Additionally, there are two grip safety switches on the joystick.  When the bridge hits its full height, she'll engage the span brakes."

"Fully open."  Catherine picks up a microphone and says, "Seahorse, come ahead."

"Roger, Curry Street Bridge.  Thank you."

"You're welcome, Seahorse."  Once the ship is through, she reverses the procedure, turns, and asks, "What can I do for you, Lady Heart?"

48 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

The control room is what would normally be the balcony.  A monitor over the desk displays weather information.  More monitors are over the control console.  "Since we have to make sure nobody's in the way when we drop the barriers, we have video cameras in the overhead structure.  Other cameras monitor traffic on the bridge, on the cross street, and in the river.  Additionally, there's a bridge status monitor and a second weather monitor."

Redheaded Catherine's fingers are flying over the controls.  "All barriers are down, all bridge traffic lights are red, and the decks are clear," she says.  "Span locks are open.  I'm raising the bridge."  She steps on a pedal and pushes what looks like a computer joystick forward.

"The pedal's a safety switch," Kristin explains.  "Additionally, there are two grip safety switches on the joystick.  When the bridge hits its full height, she'll engage the span brakes."

"Fully open."  Catherine picks up a microphone and says, "Seahorse, come ahead."

"Roger, Curry Street Bridge.  Thank you."

"You're welcome, Seahorse."  Once the ship is through, she reverses the procedure, turns, and asks, "What can I do for you, Lady Heart?"

"What do you know about a series of jem robberies which happened last night? I know you're innocent of them, Miss Catherine. I just want to know if you have any idea who would do the thievery and why."

45 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"What do you know about a series of jem robberies which happened last night? I know you're innocent of them, Miss Catherine. I just want to know if you have any idea who would do the thievery and why."

"I don't know," Catherine replies.  "Don't forget that there are at least three dozen burglaries in San Angelo each night.  This means only the most brazen or costly thefts will be actively investigated. Detectives do not even respond to most home burglaries, which is what I did.  More than that, Normally, once something is stolen, your chances of getting it back are pretty slim, and the police will tell you that.  That's because it's either been fenced, possibly out of the county, or turned over to whoever hired the burglar, usually, through a go-between."

4 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"I don't know," Catherine replies.  "Don't forget that there are at least three dozen burglaries in San Angelo each night.  This means only the most brazen or costly thefts will be actively investigated. Detectives do not even respond to most home burglaries, which is what I did.  More than that, Normally, once something is stolen, your chances of getting it back are pretty slim, and the police will tell you that.  That's because it's either been fenced, possibly out of the county, or turned over to whoever hired the burglar, usually, through a go-between."

"I see. Thank you for your time."

Lady Heart left the building and flew to where the Burglary Unit was located. The wall leading to the unit was littered with wanted posters of various criminals, both metapowered and normal. A Hispanic lady with a red trenchcoat and fedora, Carman something. A eurasian looking man with a red sports coat and sideburns. A samurai looking guy. A woman with a noticeable rack. Black Diamond. The Fox. Catwoman. Arancha. Lash. Buried under all the wanted posters one can barely see a wanted poster of Foxbat. Lady Heart signs in and waits.

(Guest appearances from Carmen Santiago, Lupin the 3rd, Goemon the 13th, Catwoman from DC comics, and Fujiko Hime. Others are Champions Universe guys, at least at one time or another.)

3 hours ago, steriaca said:

"I see. Thank you for your time."

Lady Heart left the building and flew to where the Burglary Unit was located. The wall leading to the unit was littered with wanted posters of various criminals, both metapowered and normal. A Hispanic lady with a red trenchcoat and fedora, Carman something. A eurasian looking man with a red sports coat and sideburns. A samurai looking guy. A woman with a noticeable rack. Black Diamond. The Fox. Catwoman. Arancha. Lash. Buried under all the wanted posters one can barely see a wanted poster of Foxbat. Lady Heart signs in and waits.

(Guest appearances from Carmen Santiago, Lupin the 3rd, Goemon the 13th, Catwoman from DC comics, and Fujiko Hime. Others are Champions Universe guys, at least at one time or another.)

Barbara Whitfield calls Lady Heart in.  Once she is seated, Barbara asks, "How can I help you?"

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Barbara Whitfield calls Lady Heart in.  Once she is seated, Barbara asks, "How can I help you?"

"There is this jem robberie we are investing. It seems to not be a profit robberie. Beyond that, we are coming up empty handed. Do you have an idea who did it and why?"

13 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

The door opens and, as a black-clad woman with shoulder-length strawberry-blonde, partially-hidden by a watch cap, exits, he flies inside.

He finds himself in the foyer, which has a stored-value card machine, a door to the bar itself, and a desk with, probably, a woman behind it.  The door to the bar opens, and another black-clad figure walks out.   The figure, a woman, pulls her ski mask off before reaching behind her black hair and pulling out a barrette, letting her hair fall to mid-back.  Pocketing it, she turns to the figure at the desk and says, "I love coming here."

The figure at the desk says, in a soft, feminine voice, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," the black-haired woman says before putting her mask back on and rolling it up.

Fluttering above the desk area, Avis tries to see if there is anything of interest nearby, anything on a computer screen to view or read.

<In this section to get from one room to another does he need to go through doorways or are there spots up above that he can access to search?>

8 hours ago, steriaca said:

"There is this jem robberie we are investing. It seems to not be a profit robberie. Beyond that, we are coming up empty handed. Do you have an idea who did it and why?"

"No," Barbara replies.  "I've talked to my sources, including Catherine Avery, but they don't have any leads.  Catherine thinks that they were taken out of the county, possibly to be fenced.  She also suggested that the burglar might've been hired to steal the gems."  She pauses, then adds, "There's always a few of us at The Light-Fingered Lady, enjoying beer and listening, but nobody there has said anything."

12 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"No," Barbara replies.  "I've talked to my sources, including Catherine Avery, but they don't have any leads.  Catherine thinks that they were taken out of the county, possibly to be fenced.  She also suggested that the burglar might've been hired to steal the gems."  She pauses, then adds, "There's always a few of us at The Light-Fingered Lady, enjoying beer and listening, but nobody there has said anything."

"True. It wasn't announced ahead of time, so that leaves out Lupin and his crew. It is not a building or such, so we can leave out Carman Sandiago. As far as I know, there is nothing cat-like about the taken gems, and as far as I can tell, Catwoman only likes the New York and New Jersey area (ooc: Don't want to say Gotham City unless it exists. We CAN have Catwoman without Batman and Gotham City after all). That also leaves out many of the more territorial criminals. There has been talk in the mystical world about something called the Silver Imperial Crystal. But honestly I don't know where to go to ask about something like that."

(Ooc: The rumor of the SIC can exist without Sailor Moon. Also there may be other mystical gems out there. Like Godgems. Much like Lady Heart's.)