6E Core Rulebook Errata

Steve Long

Back by popular demand! This file, which is also available for free from the Hero Games Online Store, contains all the errata known to me as of today.

If you find an errata in the core rulebook which isn't listed here, please PM me to inform me about it. Please don't post it here, because I may not see it. Sending it to me directly ensures that I won't overlook it.

6E Errata 2020-02-09.pdf

• 6 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 10:00 PM, Steve Long said:

Back by popular demand! This file, which is also available for free from the Hero Games Online Store, contains all the errata known to me as of today.

If you find an errata in the core rulebook which isn't listed here, please PM me to inform me about it. Please don't post it here, because I may not see it. Sending it to me directly ensures that I won't overlook it.

6E Errata 2020-02-09.pdf 69.82 kB · 80 downloads

Thanks for this post Steve Long! The content is very valuable. It shows that you spent time researching this and you have managed to turn it into an incredible piece of valuable content.

Edited by AndersonSmith66

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

From a discussion with Simon, the 6e RAW is that a 1/2d6 KA and a 1d6-1 KA both have a 10-point cost, consistent with these both being 2 DCs in the various "dice to DCs" charts in 6e.  As I read those charts, they determined the number of DCs that a given number of dice represents, within the constraints that 1 DC = 5 AP but many abilities do not cost 5 points, or a neat multiple of 5 points, per 1d6, and I could find no explicit statement providing a cost of 10 points for a 1D6-1 KA.

Based on 1d6-1 having the same 10-point cost as 1/2 d6, there are a variety of places in 6e that incorrectly imply a 12 point cost.  The ones I found were:

V1, p 242 includes the example of a semiautomatic .45 handgun, as RKA 2d6-1. +1 Increased Stun Multiple (+1/4) (34 active points).  25 x 1.25 = 31.25, so 31 AP.  34/1.25 = 27.2, implying that example used a 12 point cost for 1d6-1 (27 x 1.25 = 33.75 rounded to 34).

V1 page 462, the chart shows a 3 DC KA with a +1/4 advantage is 1d6-1, and a 3 DC KA with a +1/2 advantage is 1/2d6, so the charts do not reflect the two as always being identical.  This recurs quite a few times in the KA chart on that page. 

V1, page 21, Firebrand has a 2d6 AP RKA, which his 15 STR brings to 3d6-1, again implying 12 points for 1d6-1.

In V2, p 97, 1/2d6-1 is a 22 1/2 point per d6 attack (a KA with a +1/2 advantage, maybe?).  3 DCs are 1/2d6 and 4 DCs are 1d6-1.  Half dice and d6-1 are also staggered in the 20 points per 1d6 column, which the notes say is a KA with a +1/4 advantage.  That entire column goes +1, 1/2d6, d6-1, full d6.

On V2, p 100, Brak the Barbarian's dagger is noted as doing 1d6-1, and adding 3 DCs would make that 5 DCs or 1 1/2d6 (no mention of 2d6-1), but the point of that example is that he is capped at 1d6+1 anyway, so it's not really germane whether he could have chosen 1d6-1 instead of 1 1/2d6..

On the weapons tables (e.g p 204 in V2), we have active point costs for many weapons. A dagger does 1d6-1 and has an AP of 21 (12 x 1.75 for 0 END and Can Be Thrown), while a knife does 1/2d6 and has an AP of 17 (10 x 1.75).  No great comparables jump out on page 206, and the various other modifiers on p 208 make the firearms hard to compare quickly, but given the above, I suspect they also reflect a 12 point base cost for 1d6-1.

APG suggests a cost of 12 points, but those are optional rules, not 6e core rules, and appear to reflect a variant from 6e core rules, based on Simon's comments (EDIT: and the link he provided below).

Along these lines, should there ever be another edition of the rules, then I'd suggest streamlining all this.

a)  1 DC --> +1 pip

b)  2 DCs --> ONE OF (2 pips, 1/2 d6, +d6-1).  The only one I really don't like is the 1/2 d6.  I'd prefer to avoid half dice when possible.  I don't have a strong favorite between 2 pips and d6-1;  overall it makes little difference.  2 pips is simpler and cleaner;  it's a bit less effective, but hey, it's also guaranteed, where d6-1 isn't.

But just use one of them ALL the time.

• 1 year later...