Sheep In Wolves Clothing (Campaign brain storming)

Hermit

12 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Her boyfriend, while she was on drugs, could've been a burglar who, at her request, trained her.  unfortunately, she didn't have the dexterity she needed.  Now, she does.

Works for me. More importantly it works for you.

8 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

What need for the shepherd, when the wolves have all gone?

In my experience, t's a rare superhero setting that only has a handful of villains. Some might even make the former murderous malice mob look cuddly :)

6 hours ago, csyphrett said:

Do the players get to create their own villains, or are they picking preselected villains? 

CES

5 hours ago, steriaca said:

I believe Hermit is allowing both options.

Yup.  Now with my face to face game, well, IF we ever get to play again, sometimes it's 'well, would you make this for me' not because I'm great at making them... but because it saves time .  What I expect to happen is they'll go "Can I exchange this for this? " or "I don't like that part" etc. But they'll still appreciate the option of the samples.

12 minutes ago, csyphrett said:

The two games I was in where the GM decided powers for me sucked. I wouldn't want to get mindswapped into a character that I hated.

CES

Like I said... it's an option I'll be offering my players. 

Sorry if you had bad experiences with being FORCED to play something you didn't like, but I'm not doing that.

June Morton is the light-fingered lady whose body is now occupied by the mind of Janice Harrison, the failure.  June wasn't an actual member of the Malice Mob, she just committed burglaries at the request of several of the members and was there to get an assignment.

Maybe there is a much more powerful supervillain, more powerful than all of them that they owe a debt to and they have to fulfill that debt or things could get really bad.  However, they don't know what that job is and when they find it's something that they really don't want to do they would have a moral dilemma.

13 hours ago, starblaze said:

Maybe there is a much more powerful supervillain, more powerful than all of them that they owe a debt to and they have to fulfill that debt or things could get really bad.  However, they don't know what that job is and when they find it's something that they really don't want to do they would have a moral dilemma.

It would be possible, sure, though I'd want all the Players in on it. 

On 4/25/2020 at 5:04 PM, unclevlad said:

From a player standpoint, my first question for this setup is, how are we NOT going to get tossed in jail for the rest of our lives?  Or be on the run for them?  They killed the city's beloved symbol;  who's not going to be out to get them?  

I'm fine playing the low-profile approach...the vigilante fighting the corrupt system is always fun...but this feels worse.  Especially given the mental shocks implicit here.  They'll see, or soon hear, about their own deaths.  Get the great joy of going to their own funeral, and watching their friends and family devastated.  There's a lot of seriously negative vibe to this setup.

I think another way to do this would be to try the "Thunderbolts" approach from Marvel. Just abandon the old costumed identities and create new, heroic ones.

Even better, if you could find a respected hero who is a telepath, they could verify the story is true, that these are no longer the same people.

There could be lingering memories of the old villains in each body, not enough to take over or outright control them, but maybe influence the new people a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the interruption--

just scrolling through and noticed your mention of "The Cricket."

Spot-on description of him, by the way, even though you've never actually met (though you left out he's handy with tech ;)  )

Just if you were wondering (sorry; I don't have the wherewithal to post the image in-thread, but here he is:  one of the most eager and annoying NPC heroes ever to grace Campaign City:

The Cricket.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1z8mn6kUbrI_3I8vHm8LtwQ5aqipQxC9T