The Coming of Deth Sturm!

Hermit

They know not from whence he sprang

They know not his true name

They only know he is everything wrong with the Iron Age.

Behold, Dethsturm (Prounced "Deathstorm")

D'ĕthStürm

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6 HTH damage [2]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

24 CON 28 14-

20 BODY 20 13-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

13 EGO 6 12- ECV: 4

25 PRE 15 14- PRE Attack: 5d6

12 COM 1 11-

10 PD 6 Total: 10/16 PD (0/6 rPD)

10 ED 5 Total: 10/14 ED (0/4 rED)

7 SPD 40 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12

11 REC 4

48 END 0

42 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 175

Movement: Running: 10"/[Noncombat]"

Leaping: 5"/[Noncombat]"

Swimming: 3"/[Noncombat]"

Cost Powers END

47 SX-69 BFG "Compensator" : Multipower, 70-point reserve, (70 Active Points); all slots OIF (Big #$#$ing Gun; -1/2)

5u 1) "Big Badda Boom" Bullet: Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6, Explosion (-1 DC/2"; +3/4) (70 Active Points); OIF (Big #$#$ing Gun; -1/2) 7

5u 2) "Kill it... a lot!" : Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6+1, Autofire (10 shots; +1) (70 Active Points); OIF (Big #$#$ing Gun; -1/2) 7

5u 3) "Prepare to be penetrated" : Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6+1, Penetrating (x2; +1) (70 Active Points); OIF (Big #$#$ing Gun; -1/2) 7

5u 4) "Special Parking now Required" : Major Transform 3 1/2d6 (Transform Person with Full # of Limbs into one who ain't), Improved Target Group (Choice of Armless, Legless (No, not the elf) etc; +1/4) (69 Active Points); OIF (Big #$#$ing Gun; -1/2) 7

5u 5) "Who's your Daddy?" Boom Stick Bullets: Killing Attack - Ranged 4 1/2d6 (70 Active Points); OIF (Big #$#$ing Gun; -1/2) 7

35 Who CARES Where the Ammo comes from?: Endurance Reserve (150 END, 50 REC) Reserve: (65 Active Points); OIF (BFG or other goodyboxes; -1/2); REC: (50 Active Points); Limited Recovery (Only in Armory, Battle Beer Wagon, or your local S-Mart; -1) 0

20 "So? You wanna do it?": +40 PRE (40 Active Points); Only to get women in the sack (-1)

30 "Dead? HA. I just stitched my head back on like any REAL man would..." : Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (135 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 6 Hours (-2 1/2), Resurrection Only (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2) 0

30 Real Men Bleed, they just don't mind it so much I: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

30 Real Men Bleed, they just don't mind it so much II: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

10 Tight Leather and Chrome Shoulder Coverings: Armor (6 PD/4 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) 0

7 My mind is a toxic wasteland of inner angst and egotism, drink up: Mental Defense (10 points total) 0

Martial Arts: [Martial Art Name]

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

5 All American Roundhouse -2 +1 12d6 Strike

4 Collecting Kidneys for the Kiddies -2 +0 HKA 2 1/2d6

4 Head Butt +2 +0 10d6 Strike

4 "I don't hug!" +0 +0 55 STR vs. Grabs

5 Jump behind the Bar Counter -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

4 "Just because I go for the jewels doesn't mean I'm gay!" -1 +1 4d6 NND

4 Take it on the chin like a man +2 +2 Block, Abort

16 +4 HTH Damage Class(es)

Perks

30 Vehicle

2 Reputation (A medium-sized group) 8-, +2/+2d6

Talents

15 Combat Sense 11-

25 Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat) 11-

Skills

16 +2 with All Combat

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 Interrogation 14-

2 AK: Third World Locations (Sudan, Indonesia, West Philadelphia, etc) 11-

3 Streetwise 14-

2 Survival (Urban) 11-

28 WF: Common Martial Arts Melee Weapons, Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Emplaced Weapons, Small Arms, Electric Whip, Energy Blades, Flails, Flamethrowers, Garrote, General Purpose/Heavy Machine Guns, Grenade Launchers, Homemade Weapons, Inertial Gloves, Lances, Nets, Off Hand, Shoulder-Fired Weapons, Spread-The-Water Knife, Staffs, Stun Rods, Vehicle Weapons, Whips

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 425

Total Cost: 600

450+ Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: Really Kewl Scars, tends to cause people to stare, allowing Dethsturm to take offense and hurt them (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Hunted: Evil Corporation/Government/ or the ACLU's secret league of assassins! 8- (As Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

20 Hunted: Ex Wife 11- (As Pow, NCI, Geld)

15 Hunted: Various Authority Figures who tend to #$#$ themselves if he glares at them 11- (Less Pow, NCI, Capture (usually in a prison that he'll escape next week anyways))

10 Hunted: Wussy Do Gooders who won't get the job done 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish/Capture/Rehbilitate AND give boring lectures to)

20 Psychological Limitation: Believes he is the only one Macho enough to get the job done (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Hatred of Criminal Scum, Authority figures. and Accordian Music (Very Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loves drinking, random sex with fast women, cigars, breaking traffic laws, and weapons... but not drugs, THAT would be dangerous (Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: The leading cause of insurance premiums going up in the city, 11-

5 Rivalry: Professional (Anyone "Kewler" than he is, as if it were possible!), Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry

5 Unluck: 1d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 600

Re: The Coming of Deth Sturm!

The resurection power is meant to show how he constantly gets "Left for dead" then comes back next issue. The WF is to show he's seen every Stallone, Scwhartzenhager, Segal and Van Damme movies ever made, even the ones with PLOTS! So, any suggestions on things I missed? :)

More notes that got dropped:

The Gun should be Accessible by all logic, but logic went out the window just by this guy using it one handed. Everyone who sees it will either be too in awe at the blatant raping of ballistic physics, or too fearful of getting a hernia to try to seize it from him until he is out cold.

Like all characters who ressurect, Dethsturm can only be forever killed a specific way... in his case, sales of his comic must drop drastically!

The transform really should be 'with x limbs' to 'with x-1 limbs, facial scars, or no genitals.'

Otherwise how can you do the 'incredible shrinking badguy' bit where you blow something else off the bad guy every time he shows up?

And to be true bad iron age, he needs some kind of poorly defined energy power. That's suspiciously similar to some long-running characters power set, but nobody ever mentions that.

And he needs

15 Hunted: Super-Secret Mysterious Background, That's Constantly Hinted At But Never Explained, Because Coming Up With Specifics Is Hard (14-, Less Pow, NCI)

And since he's drawn by Liefeld:

Distintive Features: Scar Over Eye, wierd horizontal lines across forehead and elsewhere (con, noticed)

Distintive Features: Shoulders three times the size of his head, Thighs thicker than his waist, Hands the size of small spatulas (Non-con, Major Reaction: Disgust)

But on the good side, as his body can bend at any point EXCEPT the conventional joints, he's both immune to Joint Lock, AND can probably buy some limited form of streching!

---

He should probably have some kind of:

'Can only appear in the exact same pose that some other artist has drawn a character in, and with similar effects, purely by coincedence, of course. I said it was a coincedence! Or a homage! That's it! A homage!'

But I'm not sure what that would be. A hunted, maybe?

And since he's drawn by Liefeld:

Distintive Features: Scar Over Eye, wierd horizontal lines across forehead and elsewhere (con, noticed)

Distintive Features: Shoulders three times the size of his head, Thighs thicker than his waist, Hands the size of small spatulas (Non-con, Major Reaction: Disgust)

And lest we forget:

Distinctive Features: 2x normal human number of muscle groups, 3x normal number of abs

And:

Distinctive Feet-ures: Really, really small feet

Don't forget...

DF: Way too many teeth.

Remember, you're only supposed to give a character more than one DF under exceptional circumstances, and even then only if they're completely different types of DF. So you could give him all those (but they'd only be one DF) and just up it the highest value you can get.

And then I'd give him this:

25 Physical Lim: "Leifield" Disease

What is really sad is that my current solo Champs character - (The one that is my new avatar) - Angelfire, by a basic reading of background and powers would be the female equivealent Deth Sturm*. That is not, of course, how she is being played, but she could be seen and a neosilver version of a bad Iron Age "Badgirl"

*sigh*

* Genetically engeenered by a biogeneticist and a mystic to be sacrificed at age 19 - she is half demon and half angel - a Succubus and an Angel of Wrath.

The way I am playing her is an exploration of the themes of good and evil with the extremes being in one character.

The Iron Age version uses her pool for nasty killing attacks, and seduces every man she meets with the powers left over from mom. (She does have a 25 Pre and a 24 Com).

To seek, to strive, to reach, to dream!

That and check the threads for catsuit pics and gaming ideas I can rip o... I mean, draw inspiration from.

:D

In that case, you definitely gotta do D'ĕth Blüd now. There've been enough naked girls on the catsuit thread (strategic parts properly covered) that you should be able to do her now.