Celebrities

Kal'El Wayne

Re: Celebrities

Yeah, I should clarify. Like the list suggests, I don't want to know how to make up celebrities myself, I want suggestions of how to write up actual famous people, especially:

Christina Ricci,

Samuel L. Jackson,

Bruce Campbell,

Lucy Lawless,

Gillian Anderson,

David Duchovny.

:lol:

This reminds me of one of the best convention games I ever played, years ago at GenCon. It was a horror-themed Hero System game, and took place on the movie set of a low-budget horror movie. We played the actors who were there to film the horror movie, the twist being the monster was real. It was, not unexpectedly, a TPK, but was a blast right up to the last, and my character almost survived! :)

We were, basically, normals each with a couple of low-level Skills and maybe a Perk or Talent.

Why this thread reminded me of this game is that at the beginning, while looking over our character sheets, the player who got the star of this low-budget movie, looking at the skills, blurted out:

"Oh my God, my acting's only a Familiarity!!!"

:rofl:

In the character's background was the fact that she'd landed the starring role by sleeping her way into it and couldn't act to save her life... literally, as it turned out... :D

There are more than a few of today's celebrities who I suspect only have a 1 pt. Familiarity with Acting...

Our group ran a horror-type adventure at a con several years back where the adventure was at the grand opening of a new theme park in Hong Kong; an undead/demonic breakout happened. The player who was playing Britney Spears came up with the best line: "The ice cream trucks are making zombies and it's just bad."

Has anyone got any writeups for actual celebrities. So' date=' not Willow, but Alyson Hannigan. Not Scully, but Gillian Anderson. Blah, Blah, Blah.[/quote']

an alyson hannigan write upwould be interesting

and dont forget some of her knowledge skills would be of subjects researched for movie/tv roles

KS: lines in script

Acting 11-

Occasionally

KS: pronunciation

KS: accent

Other skills would be everyman skills.

Characteristics would be subjective as no one has seen much of celebrities in real life, mostly when they're performing.

Generic Celebrity

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

8 STR -2 11- Lift 75.8kg; 1 1/2d6 [1]

8 DEX -6 11- OCV: 3/DCV: 3

8 CON -4 11-

8 BODY -4 11-

8 INT -2 11- PER Roll 11-

18 EGO 16 13- ECV: 6

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

10 COM 0 11-

2 PD 0 Total: 2 PD (0 rPD)

2 ED 0 Total: 2 ED (0 rED)

2 SPD 2 Phases: 6, 12

4 REC 0

16 END 0

16 STUN 0

Total Characteristic Cost: 8

Movement: Running: 6"/12" Leaping: 1"/2" Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

35 I Buy What I Need: Summon 32 200-point Hirelings, Vehicles, Bases , Expanded Class of Beings Anything or anyone that can be bought, hired, or rented (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages; +1 3/4) (244 Active Points); Extra Time (Hours to Days to Weeks depending on what's being sought, -4), Arrives Under Own Power (or maybe you have to go to it, homes don't usually move for instance) (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2), Activation Roll 14- (Sometimes, what you want just isn't available; -1/2), Limited Power Real Money. The more often the power is used, the more likely it is to fail as the money runs low. (-1/2)

53 I Buy what I Need: Variable Power Pool, 50 base + 3 control cost, (75 Active Points); Extra Time (Hours to Days to Weeks depending on what's being sought, -4), Limited Special Effect Common SFX (Only what can be bought; -1/2), Activation Roll 14- (Sometimes what you want isn't available; -1/2), Limited Power Real Money: the more often the power is used, the more likely it is to fail (-1/2), Limited Power Complications: illegal purchases may get you arrested, valuable things may draw thieves, weird stuff gets reported in the media, etc (-1/4); all slots IIF Minimum (-1/4)

15 Don't you wish you were me: Luck 3d6

Perks

4 Reputation (A large group) 11-, +2/+2d6

5 To places only the rich and famous go: Access

12 Kevin Bacon (and his friends and their friends): Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 11-

Skills

3 High Society 13- Notes: Even when they're not polite, celebrities are accepted in polite society

6 Optional: Choose from List 0 1) Acting 13- 0 2) Disguise 11- 0 3) Mimicry 11- 0 4) Conversation 13- 0 5) Seduction 13- 0 6) PS: As Appropriate 13- 0 7) Other appropriate skill 3 8) KS: Somebody Important (a powerful person is a family member, paramour, spouse, blackmail victim, or otherwise well known to the celebrity) 15-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 136

Total Cost: 144

75+ Disadvantages 10 Public ID 10 Hunted: Paparazzi 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture (on film)) 15 Psychological Limitation: Media whore/craves attention (Common, Strong) 20 Psychological Limitation: Assorted Issues (Very Common, Strong) 5 Rivalry: Professional (Other celebrities; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry) 10 Hunted: Agents, managers, crazed fans, everybody wants something from me! 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Various motivations) Total Disadvantage Points: 144

Lucius Alexander

And the world famous palindromedary

why not give the character 5 points in english to cover all dialects and accents it would be only 1 point more

for an international star you buy more languages

add eidetic memory for 5 pts

maybe some slots of cramming

KS: lines in script

Acting 11-

Occasionally

KS: pronunciation

KS: accent

Other skills would be everyman skills.

Characteristics would be subjective as no one has seen much of celebrities in real life, mostly when they're performing.

Reputation (A large group) 14-, +10/+10d6 (30 Active Points); 1 Continuing Charge lasting 15 Minutes which Never Recovers (Talk fast, you only have fifteen minutes while everyone's listening.; -2 1/2) Real Cost 8

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary marvels at the level of abstraction - Lucius Alexander isn't even making fun of any specific celebrity, just poking fun at the idea of celebrity itself....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

There's gotta be a cheaper way to do this....

35 I Buy What I Need: Summon 32 200-point Hirelings, Vehicles, Bases , Expanded Class of Beings Anything or anyone that can be bought, hired, or rented (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Variable Advantage (+1 Advantages; Limited Group of Advantages; +1 3/4) (244 Active Points); Extra Time (Hours to Days to Weeks depending on what's being sought, -4), Arrives Under Own Power (or maybe you have to go to it, homes don't usually move for instance) (-1/2), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-1/2), Activation Roll 14- (Sometimes, what you want just isn't available; -1/2), Limited Power Real Money. The more often the power is used, the more likely it is to fail as the money runs low. (-1/2)

53 I Buy what I Need: Variable Power Pool, 50 base + 3 control cost, (75 Active Points); Extra Time (Hours to Days to Weeks depending on what's being sought, -4), Limited Special Effect Common SFX (Only what can be bought; -1/2), Activation Roll 14- (Sometimes what you want isn't available; -1/2), Limited Power Real Money: the more often the power is used, the more likely it is to fail (-1/2), Limited Power Complications: illegal purchases may get you arrested, valuable things may draw thieves, weird stuff gets reported in the media, etc (-1/4); all slots IIF Minimum (-1/4)

15 Don't you wish you were me: Luck 3d6

Perks

4 Reputation (A large group) 11-, +2/+2d6

5 To places only the rich and famous go: Access

12 Kevin Bacon (and his friends and their friends): Contact (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 11-

Skills 3 High Society 13- Notes: Even when they're not polite, celebrities are accepted in polite society

6 Optional: Choose from List 0 1) Acting 13- 0 2) Disguise 11- 0 3) Mimicry 11- 0 4) Conversation 13- 0 5) Seduction 13- 0 6) PS: As Appropriate 13- 0 7) Other appropriate skill 3 8) KS: Somebody Important (a powerful person is a family member, paramour, spouse, blackmail victim, or otherwise well known to the celebrity) 15-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 136 Total Cost: 144

75+ Disadvantages

10 Public ID

10 Hunted: Paparazzi 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Capture (on film))

15 Psychological Limitation: Media whore/craves attention (Common, Strong)

20 Psychological Limitation: Assorted Issues (Very Common, Strong)

5 Rivalry: Professional (Other celebrities; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

10 Hunted: Agents, managers, crazed fans, everybody wants something from me! 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Various motivations)

Total Disadvantage Points: 144

Lucius Alexander

And the world famous palindromedary

• 1 month later...