I wonder how many have stopped using Champions/HERO for similar reasons to this?

Hyper-Man

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Obvious, hard, but not impossible to take....looks like OIF to me. I used to build Wings that way, they cannot be "taken" without surgery, but they are easy to "grab" or otherwise disable...it's all good. :yes:

Wings are the canonical example of, "Retrainable." They can't be removed but they can be rendered useless without removing them.

Prior to 5th there were powers bought with Foulable- early version of Restrainable to represent something like wings that could be grabbed/entangled or jet pack/boots that could be jammed with web, etc.

Edit: At least I'm fairly certain that I saw this somewhere prior to 5th on some characters in published books.

I went back and read through 4th edition Classic Enemies and it made me laugh- how exactly were you supposed to rip off Dark Seraph wings? :shock:  They were bought as OAF after-all.

Not going to dig through to find my 4th book right now for exact wording, but clear back in 1E (yes it's sitting in front of me) the focus description states that, "an accessible Focus is one which an opponent can remove or make useless in combat." You don't have to rip the wings off, just bind them, pull the feathers, whatever.

• 1 month later...

OK, I'll play:

Yes, the powers obviously come from the focus

No, it takes a full phase.

No, it takes a full phase.

So my focus is obvious and both accessible and inaccessible?

I'll use a common saying from Steve: "It depends on your GM."

As for me, its accessible if a person using a disarm maneuver can disarm the focus.  Some people call a focus accessible if they can access the focus and render it inert while in the character's possession.  I see that as restrainable. So my rule of thumb generally is, if it can be disarmed from you via a maneuver, its accessible.