The Death Tribble Villain generator (established January 1st 2023)

death tribble

So what is this all about ?

Starting on the 1st of the month and ending on the last day of said month to construct a villain for use in Champions or Dark Champions play. Said villain might well be finished before the end of the month in which case another maybe started but that would depend on how close to the end of the month we are.

A new villain will always be started on the 1st of the month or as close to that as possible (but not beforehand). 

The goal will be at least 12 villains but there might be more.

Said villains will not be the masterminds or the 'it takes the combined JLA,LSH, X-Men and Avengers to take down' except for special cases where we all decide 'yeah let's do this'.

The villains can be on a team, part of an organisation or operate on their own. They can be 'Jobber of the Week' or something unique.

The idea here is that we come up with the name, history or background as the police know it and stats. Maybe even artwork. I found a whole lot of pictures in the last couple of months that we could reference.

PLEASE do Not just lob a villain straight in ready to play with full back story and stats. This is intended to be a co-operative process.

If we need to see an example then your ready made example can be shown.

If you want to expand on a villain that you created in the Create Villain thread or mentioned in the Create Hero/Villain thread then go ahead. Want to reference one of the villains that has been mentioned before in any sourcebook, again go ahead but if if it is obscure, be prepared to offer a lot of additional information. For example Steraica might allude to a Stand which would require some explanation as not everyone can access the material easily or at all. If you want to tie in a villain to someone you have seen mentioned on the site ask their creator. For example Hermit wants to tie in a police officer gone bad who wants to get his hands on the Viridian Bat so he asks me (as the Bat is my creation) and we work out how it fits in.

This post will always contain the current project(s) so check back here to see what is going on.

Let's start easy, let's build a Brick.

I am at something of a loss after reading the directions.

Are we to contribute text- names, elements of background or origin-?

Are we to contribute singular abilities aka "plus 25 STR" or "his DEX 18!" or "tracking scent!"- ?

Are we to contribute individual elements of his  origin:  "and the sledge hammer blow knocked him from the roof and into..... Your turn!" -?

Are we to contribute bits of his costume: full sleeves, but each ia a different color!- ?

Or literally build the villain?

Up front:  I will be abstaining because of the request to not drop a fully-formed character with details, etc.  Please don't misunderstand:  I respect that request, but my creative process doesn't work that way:  as soon as I have one piece of a character, I have the character in minutiae.  Therefore, I will be following along, but not participating.

It is simply that I am nit sure what you are looking for.  At the moment, all I can think is "Legs!  He should have at least two!"

(And Yes; just saying that gave me a complete character:  The Racer.  He is a brick / speedster with stretching  (no fine manipulation), physical limitations based on size and mass, lots of leaping, and specific skill levels for combat maneuvers (that's martial arts to the rest of you guys).  He has one leg: he is a centaur-sized snake man, resulting from a horrific experiment with genetics performed by a deranged scientist with the backing of a banana republic dictator, and currently I am thinking of the fictional nation in which Scott's DI campaigns occurred.  I could go on, because it is all there, just like that.

I won't because that is not why we are here, but it is a great example od why I am setting this one out.

Still, a little help on what it is you are looking for?

We pick all parts.

We start with the sort of character in this case Brick.

So what does the Brick need.

Strong, how strong ?

STR between 40 and 70 would be standard but saying what they can pick up and throw around is fine for those who don't want to do the stats.

Then how endurable are they.

A CON of over 20 is usual but what if someone wants to be different and wants lower ?

How dextrous ?

How much SPD ?

How long can they last in a fight ?

Do they have high defences ?

Are the defences resistant ?

That's the idea and then the discussion a to origin, name etc. We'll leave off a description of the costume as we might be able to find a look on the art that I found recently.

Or someone comes up with the origin and/or description and we build around that.

I say a good defense of 30 PD and 30 ED should be good. Prehaps both Hardened and Impenetrable, but only at one level and maybe not the entire 30 for each (prehaps only 20 PD and 20 ED be both Hardened and Impenetrable).

CON could easily be 25 if we cap STR at 50.

Defense is good, but no one every thinks of senses for a Brick.  Every Ninja and Ghost on the Hero teams tend to take out Bricks easily, because they tend to be built with "normal" senses.  Some sort of either radar sense,  36- degree sonar, or "spatial awareness", or even "Danger sense" might work. But i'd rather make this character a challenge, rther than a simple Damage sponge.

20 minutes ago, assault said:

Perhaps the character could have Martial Arts, to top up their attack with extra damage, and provide some tactical options other than Hit-Hit-Hit...

Considering this character is a brick, the Brick Tricks martial arts seems reasonable. 

5 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

I like Scitt' thinking: something unecpected for a brick:  how about  acrobatics and a pair of prehensile tails?

(I will be quite now)

What is Scitt' thinking ?

I am not clear on a pair of prehensile tails. One I can see as it is in nature. However I am aware of Ahri from League of Legends who somehow has nine tails.

we'll consider Acrobatics for later.

Martial Arts is fair enough. The original system made it very powerful if you got hit by a martials attack or a haymaker. But more useful for disarms, throws and take downs. That what I think but what do others think.

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

Scott's thinking: something unusual for  a brick to have or do.

I am not clear on a pair of prehensile tails.

Ah!  My apologies.

It means two.  ;)

I dont know-  bifurcated spine or something.

One I can see as it is in nature.

Understood.  I don't often think "super powers" and "natural," but as noted numerous times, I have next to no comic book exprience.  Probably why so many of my supers are aliens or tech- oriented or "super-serum" types.

However I am aware of Ahri from League of Legends who somehow has nine tails.

Is he a cat?!

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

I am not clear on a pair of prehensile tails. One I can see as it is in nature. However I am aware of Ahri from League of Legends who somehow has nine tails.

we'll consider Acrobatics for later.

It's a Japanese culture thing. An older a mystical animal spirit is (a Yokai), the more tails they have and the more powerful they are. Kitsune are the best examples of this. The maximum number of tails is nine.

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Martial Arts is fair enough. The original system made it very powerful if you got hit by a martials attack or a haymaker. But more useful for disarms, throws and take downs. That what I think but what do others think.

Humm...I can see a generic "defense martial arts" for blocks, disarms, and escape manuvers. Nothing to increase STR for damage purposes. 

1 minute ago, death tribble said:

Um no. She is resembles a Kitsune

Ahri

https://leagueoflegends.fandom.com/wiki/Ahri

Yep. That's a Kitsune in the humanoid shape. They can apparently do that, as well as a fox shape (Kitsune is Japanese for fox after all).

So, our brick character is a multi-tailed Kitsune animal-nature spirit? Normally they actually have illusion and fire powers ("fox fire", usually a mix of illusion and fire).

16 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Defense is good, but no one every thinks of senses for a Brick.  Every Ninja and Ghost on the Hero teams tend to take out Bricks easily, because they tend to be built with "normal" senses.  Some sort of either radar sense,  36- degree sonar, or "spatial awareness", or even "Danger sense" might work. But i'd rather make this character a challenge, rther than a simple Damage sponge.

Wow - I thought of this reading Scott's post, and scrolling down it would tie in quite nicely.  Another option for Senses is Targeting on an existing sense, such as hearing or smell. If this is a cat-based or fox-based character, Smell seems fairly appropriate.

[We had a group some years back where independent character designs lead to a cat-based character with targeting smell and a Dr. Mid-Nite homage.  The combination was quite powerful.]

If this is a Kitsune then yes, a targeting smell and pluses to hearing are a must. Prehaps Mental Awareness also.

It is odd for a Kitsune to be a brick (they are usually mentalist/mystics of the mental magic sort). But Telekinesis is sort of a mental powers of sorts. If someone couldn't project Telekinesis except in grabbing range, then it is just basically super strength (see Connor Kent Superboy and his "tactical telekinesis").

55 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I was only using Ahri as an example of something with more than one tail. It is not decided whether the brick has multiple tails. Or even one.

It's possible.

Just stating options, as this is Character Creation By Committee. 

55 minutes ago, death tribble said:

What DEX and SPD are we looking at ?

I am assuming standard DEX for the vigilantes and superheroes will be 20 and standard SPD would be 5

I would think standard DEX and SPD. With 6ed divorcing DEX from OCV and DCV, any DEX should be ok as long as OCV and DCV are decent. 

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

Humm...I can see a generic "defense martial arts" for blocks, disarms, and escape manuvers. Nothing to increase STR for damage purposes. 

My original suggestion of martial arts was intended to increase the character's damage, but if we are going this way, there needs to be another way to do it.

The combination of high defenses, mediocre damage and average DEX/SPD makes for a good paperweight or doorstop, but a mediocre combatant.

1 hour ago, assault said:

My original suggestion of martial arts was intended to increase the character's damage, but if we are going this way, there needs to be another way to do it.

The combination of high defenses, mediocre damage and average DEX/SPD makes for a good paperweight or doorstop, but a mediocre combatant.

I was assuming 50 STR was a good damage on it's own. With a good push it could go up to 60 or even more. And that is not accounting for Haymaker.