First Blush Review of UNTIL:DOF

BishopofB&W

Hey Steve or Darren,

Originally posted by Darren Watts

Well, eventually we're going to do a setting book on the "Hidden Lands" of the CU, including Atlantis, Lemuria, Arcadia, Shamballa and Maine, so it'll probably be in there. There will also be an Atlantean Age fantasy sourcebook at some point in the not-too-distant future, too. Til then, Patrick Bradley's Atlantis is an excellent 4th Ed book and an entirely worthwhile acquisition on its own merits. I used it heavily in my own campaign. dw

Curses, the mystic land of Iowa isn't on the schedule.

:)

Looking forward to learning more about Arcadia myself, what was mentioned in the CU piqued my interest.

Just got my copy today. At a glance I like the artwork and found the book very interesting and very well put together. On the other hand, I probably won't be using it as much as I do the VIPER book. The information in it helps fill international law and UNTIL role in the world, but unless I am running a villian campaign, the book will only be used for support (but then again I believe that is what it was design for). Now I haven't read it enough to see if there are many Hero creation inspiration in it but if it is like any other Hero book there will be.

Just my 2 cents and as for Iowa being mystical I wish (use strange Iowa powers to be elsewhere)

G

Originally posted by yamamura

Just got my copy today. At a glance I like the artwork and found the book very interesting and very well put together. On the other hand, I probably won't be using it as much as I do the VIPER book. The information in it helps fill international law and UNTIL role in the world, but unless I am running a villian campaign, the book will only be used for support (but then again I believe that is what it was design for). Now I haven't read it enough to see if there are many Hero creation inspiration in it but if it is like any other Hero book there will be.

Just my 2 cents and ...

G

Oh, I dunno. I like UNTIL better than PRIMUS for the role of 'heroic agency that's actually villainous', meself.

Re: Re: Hey Steve or Darren,

Originally posted by Darren Watts

Well, eventually we're going to do a setting book on the "Hidden Lands" of the CU, including Atlantis, Lemuria, Arcadia, Shamballa and Maine, so it'll probably be in there. There will also be an Atlantean Age fantasy sourcebook at some point in the not-too-distant future, too. Til then, Patrick Bradley's Atlantis is an excellent 4th Ed book and an entirely worthwhile acquisition on its own merits. I used it heavily in my own campaign. dw

Ooh, I am officially drooling in anticipation. Any chance of seeing something involving 'Beast Mountain' in there? I always did like the CU's own 'furries'.

Re: Re: First Blush Review of UNTIL:DOF

Originally posted by Nato

Man, I can't wait for my copies! I'm jealous.

That's Cara Mitten. You should check out her website. Some very nice color stuff on there. Just have to browse around a bit.

Actually, here's a link straight to her gallery.

http://yerf.com/mittcara/

Is it just me, or are a lot of 'furry' artists' work showing up in Hero Games material? First Scott Ruggels (look at his yerf.com site for his character Asheru, the amazon wolf-bitch) and Bryce Nakagawa, and now Cara Mitten. Can't wait to see who else shows up...

Having had a chance to devour the book now (got my copy last week at Gamemaster in Fair Lawn), I have to say, 'Great stuff!' I really didn't think I'd get much use out of it, but I was way wrong. Well put together, with extensive background material and excellent packages. I like the artwork, although I though Jonathan Davenport could have done a better job on Drs. White and Black. On the other hand, I love his Myrmidon, and Quasar looks cool.

And, I have to say, UNITY is my new favorite Champions Universe superhero team. Dysfunctional, sure, but they've got lots of character (both literally and figuratively). Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Nato

They do seem pretty interesting. They're also the first high-power good-guy team I can recall seeing written up. A nice change of pace.

The Prime Team from the PRIMUS ebook is pretty impressive, too... although their "good-guyness" was somewhat tainted, through no fault of their own. And talk about disfunctional. :rolleyes:

QM's U:DoF review

Greeting HEROfiles , I picked up my copy of U:DoF last Friday , but only got around to posting a review today .

**** Artwork . Everything , but the UNTIL Helmet was great . I only wish we could have had some comic page style art (ala Storn's Ninja HERO ) .

*** Layout . Some of the Text seems a little scattered , but still really well done and logical .

**** Writing . STEVES A MACHINE !!! . The stuff on the UN and international law as it applies to superhumans was fantastic and just what I've been waiting for ... WOW !!! . A few more Agent Motivations next time though :) . And all the Agent Architypes written ( lazy GM syndrome )

**** Over all a great product and well worth the price . My only complaint is V:CotS was Bigger :( ...

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

Sorry, from all reports Shelley Chrystal Mactyre has dibs on the 5E PRIMUS update, since she did write the excellent 4E ebook version (still in the Online Store BTW, and great value for the price).

Sadly for us Shelley's time is currently taken up with academics, so it will probably be a while before she can get to it. :(

You rascal! You always make me blush! :)

I'm studying as fast as I can! Really -- and I'm more than halfway done with this cursed JD, too (less than three semesters to go...)

But for what it's worth, I'm constantly thinking of new PRIMUS things (that is, when I'm not working on Regency HERO between papers).

-Shelley

I was just trying to make Darren feel better because he's not feeling any love right now.

A likely story. He has the talkin' monkey lobby sewn up solid. :)

Steve... why are you even paying attention to anything I say? No else ever does.

On a certain level, one has to respect a man who can win the affection of a beautiful woman. ;)