Your PCs might be Underpowered if...

Cybernaut

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your PCs might be Underpowered if...

...the team medic keeps running out of Bandaids and Bactine, but hasn't had to use the splints once.

OTOH, that might be a sign they're overpowered...

... the team medic had to use the splints... and they were only rescuing a cat from a tree.

The judge throws the book at them and they are KO'ed for the rest of the proceedings.

The dwarf gets drunk off of chocolate milk.

Their confrontation with an irate taxi cab driver plays out almost completely the same as the climax to Watchmen.

They are playing as Forrest Gump, Rain Man, Monk, Nell, and that two-legged dog (can't remember its name) and they must stop Unicron.

They are playing as Forrest Gump' date=' Rain Man, Monk, Nell, and that two-legged dog (can't remember its name) and they must stop Unicron.[/quote']

I dunno.

Forrest has a more-than-healthy amount of Luck, and his physical stats are arguably better than average (OK, not superhuman, but more than a bunch of 10s, for sure). Plus there is a diverse assortment of skills, knacks and perks (star quarterback, infantryman, international ping-pong player, fishing boat skipper, long-distance runner, gardener, rich guy, etc.). Plus that whole 'History Magnet' thing he has going - somehow managing to just be there for a whole bunch of significant events (AND survive!). Plus, I would say, he has the potential to have picked up some very interesting Contacts - hey, think of all the places he's visited, and he's been honoured at the White House three times. Mentally, he is ... slow, but he doesn't give up, ever, and people seem to listen to him - arguably a pretty good EGO and a fairish PRE, I think. And he can RUN.

Funnily enough, the more I think of this, the more likely it seems that building Forrest Gump in HERO terms would take a lot of points.

Also, Rain Man and Monk would not be much use in any stand-up fight, but for figuring out stuff they would have their moments.

they get the full 35 points for this Hunted:

Community College Campus Cops:
14- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

they don't have the "Limited Geography" part because the PCs

aren't powerful enough to ever get too far away from campus.

they get the full 35 points for this Hunted:

Community College Campus Cops:
14- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

they don't have the "Limited Geography" part because the PCs

aren't powerful enough to ever get too far away from campus.

*raises hand*

That'd be me. oh wait I am not a superhero. (or college student anymore for that matter) :o

Note: At my community college, no joke, one of the night guards did take a serious disliking to me. I could swear he thought i was a crazy terrorist or something. This despite the fact as far as I could think of I had done nothing to him.

... if they have Vulnerabilities versus Chinese burns or Wedgies.

If their primary power is to 'abort to #2' every time the school bully shows up.

If, on Team Night Out, they go to see Paul Blart, Mall Cop... and walk away with a new level of competency to aspire to.

. . . If the most powerful computer that they can get is a Commodore 64.

. . . They have a mind control - and they need to wait until that normal is unconscious to affect him.

. . . They have flight - but need someone to blow for them to fly.

. . . Anything harder than a stuntman's landing balloon is too hard for them and they will take damage from normal walking.