What would Your Character Do? #58

farik

You return home from a day of superheroism only to find you are already there not the superheroic you but the civillian you. They know nothing about your superheroic life and all evidence implies they are you without superpowers.

A) What wil your superhero self do?

B) How would a civillian version of your character respond to a Super showing up at their home.

1) Paradox (a shapechanger/spy) - Oh Crap! Telios must of gotten my DNA in a different form and cloned me!

Counterpart- Dude, you're like, a hero? That's totally wigging man....

2) Jade (a 12yr old kid who's a powerful sorcerer and has actually been alive for 500 years...in the body of a 12yr old) - Aw man, I knew I mixed that magical potion wrong...

Counterpart- Can I have a cookie?

Guest WhammeWhamme

Flippant - look downright confused. 'Hello... Sven.'

Counterpart - 'Look, if you're not here any particular reason, please leave. You're interrupting my exercise time.'

Flippant - 'Oh. Okay.' Flippant leaves, checks whether this is the right dimension, wonder if that guy got transplanted by *his* powers... Not telling 'himself' anythingof course.

Wraith - Since Wraith looks like himself in Hero ID (but is obscured), the other him would know it was him. He'd use his powers to ascertain WTF was going on (Telepathy+Retrocog), and take it from there.

Starguard -- "Um... wow. So, do you have, like, any superpowers?"

Helene -- "No. Looks like you're the costumed one and I'm the normal one."

Starguard -- "I... wow, how are you supposed to /handle/ something like this?"

Helene -- "We could be sisters?"

Starguard -- "That works! Except I'm going to have to figure out what to call myself. I mean, 'Starguard' is a superhero name, not a real one. And Helene One and Helene Two doesn't quite fit."

Helene -- "Ummm... well, I can be Helene, and you can be... Elena?"

Starguard -- "Flip you for it?"

Helene -- "OK!"

Kenneth: Oh my God! You're Husky aren't you! COOOL! What are you doing here?

Husky: Ken keeps making these Clarkebots more and more convincing. Hey little buddy mind telling me why the lab entrance isn't working?

Kenneth: Lab? Do you mean the Fortress of Huskitude is somewhere in my nieghborhood? Would you come to school and talk to me when other people can see you?

Husky: I could but I think we should only do that if someone suspects we're the same person.

Kenneth: Why would they do that?

Husky: Okay I'm bored (changes into Kenneth)

Kenneth: You look like me now!

Kenneth (super genius): That's because I am you you dumb robot. (reaches for shut off switch)

Kenneth: hey keep your hands to yourself!

Kenneth (super genius): This isn't right I need someplace to think (transforms into Husky)

Husky: well little guy I'm going to go get a beer so Kenneth can figure out what's goin' down. See you later.

Kenneth: Wait...damn! I didn't get a picture.

Beat 'em senseless--I mean they don't have any powers, right? ;)

Okay, seriously...

Audra never leaves home, so it's not an issue.

Uncle Slam and Anthem have the same people to contact for time related issues. If that's not the case then Anthem would confront herself, and being disoriented by the whole experience she'd be panicky and not too polite. Slam would track down the man who cloned him many, many years earlier, figuring that somehow the trail of this criminal will lead him to some genetic material long ago stolen. Meanwhile as trustee of the city's super-prison, he'd have himself locked up--though comfortably. He's dealt with clones before and that didn't go too well...

Hmmmm, let's see....

Adrenaline would be stoked. He can let his "normal" clone do all the website stuff (with a little help from him when he isn't out being a hero) and they can live off of the combined income.

Realm would live with his clone (a regular police officer) and would go and get another id card for himself. I would assume that they would both be the sloppy guy in the Odd Couple and would hate each other.

Hecabus would come back to his lair to find El' Rohir. Although Rohir is far from normal (being an epic level fighter/sorceror and the scary right hand to the king), Hecabus is much more powerful. They would team up to further their personal goals and power. They WOULD be the Odd couple, one being "nice" and "clean" (read as "elf") and the other would be "loud" and "messy" (read as "Hecabus"). The best part is they could do away with the whole Secret Identity thing and really concentrate and expanding their treasury and influence (read as trying to become "two gods").

Mayday er, Melody, would be thrilled to have a hero show up at her apartment or college. Something new and interesting to experience, but if they showed up at her ancestral home she'd be polite, offer assistance, a room, a meal, as a polite hostess should, but at home her responsibility is very much to her people and her family. Supers are too dangerous to have around and frankly, can be flaky and downright fruitcakes.

After talking to her double and ascertaining the girl isnt a robot Mayday gets puzzled. Was there another motorcycle parked out front? No... She compares credit cards and ID with the other and between the two of them they start tracking down what happened today.

This would certainly solve alot of their problems, to have two of them though.

Linedrive er, Bobby Joe, would wonder why they are here, let them use the phone but otherwise wait for them to leave again. Maybe offer some conversation on the level of "Fine weather we're having. How bout that VIPER eh?"

Bobbie and Bobbie would start off ok, but quickly things get tense when the subject of who's beer is it in the fridge comes up. They work something out between them, theyre going to need double the money with only one job between them but they can split that. A second job, eww. Much better to ask, "What would Jimmy Buffet do?"

Sabre er, Elizabeth Sinclair, would be cordial to any visiting heroes, networking for the future.

Two brilliant minds working together would be easily able to keep her Secret ID while furthering her technological brilliance. If she could trust her second self. Of course they have to find out what caused this before that would be possible.

ShadowCross er, Elizabeth Scott, would eye the new heroes and check them out for weaponry and training, abilities, then go on with what she was doing unless something interested her.

Seeing herself, her Elizabeth self, would come as a deep shock since they are the same person, but a split personality. Eli's husband would certainly be pleased to have his wife back but Im not sure ShadowCross is ready to let another woman have him, even if she doesnt want him and the woman is herself. She scours the underworld beating up people till someone coughs up some information and tries to keep Adam and Eli apart.

Wraithe er, Rebecca, would note anything that came up to put into their PRIMUS file later and treat them as a fellow hero if in her undercover job. If acting as a PRIMUS agent would treat them with reserve.

Her dupe is coming with her her to PRIMUS HQ, ASAP to let the experts sort this out.

• 6 months later...

Re: What would Your Character Do? #58

Nova "Oh no ! Not yet more £$%$& mess with the time streams ! Exactly from what kind of future do you come, pal ? You can't be one of my clones accidentally activated, or you would have superpowers, too."

Counterpart "Hey, does this mean I were actually successful with that cosmic empowerment experiment ? Great !"

Nova "Shut up, you idiot. You have no idea of what I've been through. Who or what sent you here, too ? The likelihood of two future versions of me accidentally ending up in the same point in the past is abysmal".

Counterpart "Hey, wait a minute. I absolutely have to study you".

Mask of Justice: "So, Faceless One, you have finally slipped up!"

If it turns out *not* to be the Faceless One, master of disguise, the Mask will attempt to discover whatever bizarre twist created this double.

Presuming "Nick" isn't the Faceless One in disguise, he's going to try to discover the Mask's secret ID. (Scoop of the Century and all that.)

Rock Bottom: "Home" is the converted firehouse where the New Guard are headquartered. So it's unlikely in the extreme that non-powered Muhammed would be there. Rock would presume this clone/robot/whatever was created by the baddies who made Tao.

Muhammed, homeless gay teen, wouldn't even recognize Rock Bottom as himself, despite the family resemblance. He'd be thrilled to meet a superhero though.

Calculus: This duplicate is obviously some kind of trick by the people who are trying to ruin his life. Calculus would take down the impostor (non-lethally) and attempt to find out how he was created.

Brian: "You mean, you're me with my powers back? You lucky bastard!" neither of them would be willing to share the wife and kid.

Kira Midori: Checks to make sure she's in the 'right' universe. After all, her super identity is the same as her civilian ID, given she was born with her mental abilities. A "Kira" who wasn't born in the future with psychic powers simply wouldn't be the same person at all.

"Other Kira": "Can you get me home? I'm scared."

Talion: "My God, you're what I would have turned out like with super powers? I think I'll just kill myself right now."

"At least you *can*, you lucky ****."

C.A.T.: Well neither of them have super powers. They both would be Power Armor users. Their scientific curiosity would get the better of them and once they got to talking and seeing who came first, C.A.T. would not be seen in the city till someone else came and got her.

You return home from a day of superheroism only to find you are already there not the superheroic you but the civillian you. They know nothing about your superheroic life and all evidence implies they are you without superpowers.

A) What wil your superhero self do?

B) How would a civillian version of your character respond to a Super showing up at their home.

Maelstrom is still, technically speaking, on active duty, USN. A civilian him wouldn't be anywhere near by.

Style - "David Cohen? I didn't think I'd screwed up that spell quite so badly."

David - "Hey, you look like me! Could you explain why I have almost no memories?"

Style hasn't had a secret ID as such since finishing college, so his "normal" self would have led a completely different life.

None of my other characters have anything approaching a secret ID.