Powers and knacks you favor for your Champions characters

Hermit

Let's see:

1 EB'er

1 Brick with an EB

1 Powered Armor

1 'toon character

1 Heavy EB'er

1 technological hero (non-powered armor)

1 sharpshooter

Hm, I don't really see a trend. Let's try Intelligence. (rethinks) Nope, they range from average to highly intelligent. Flight? About 1/2 of them have flight, so nope.

Ah, I've got it! They have ranged attacks with at least some Damage Resistance/Armor! That took some thinking there.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Karma

1 word: Female

(I'm Male)

Hey, don't look at me like that. I've only warn a dress twice. Once in a play and once at a crossdressing party.

Wow! That's crazy! You're really out there! And so on.

Most of my PBeM characters are female, but virtually none of my face-to-face characters are (I can recall two in the past 20 years).

The thing most of my Hero characters have in common is that they're all interesting concepts that don't work very well with the points I'm given (whether I'm given 150 or 500); I always manage to think of something out of my league.

• 4 months later...

Re: Powers and knacks you favor for your Champions characters

I haven't played a true secret ID in many many years.

The closest I got in recent times was the character who hid his godly origin by giving different stories such as bit by a radioative beetle, given a power ring by a dying alien, etc... Being a god, people tended to believe him.

Too cool.

In my group' date=' we've got Combat Guy (always must be the kick ass combat monster) [/quote']

I'd play in our DnD group, and I'd say, "I'm going to be playing . . ."

And everyone would chime in with, " . . . a human fighter."

Still do. Hate mages, for some reason.

I've played just about every viable character type except for mentalist. Never played a mentalist.

I've played a large number of characters with various forms of martial arts, but they're usually not dedicated martial artists.

I used to favor guns, but I've sort of strayed a bit from that.

WH-A-A-AT!??? Of course we do! :)

Well, with this guy's character initially refused to believe that the other PC's were really heroes, and began attacking them as villains. Okay, I thought, so this is a Marvel Comics approach to heroes meeting, that's cool.

I once tried to run a fantasy game with my old group. The other players showed for the first three sessions or so before the regular GM decided to get in on the action. He then proceded to have his PC hole up in his room at the inn for the entire game. He refused to come out and meet the other PCs and let them find a reason to team up. He actually came a second time and I finally got him out of his room. Then he decided his PC hated all the other PCs and wouldn't go with them. The game eventually fizzled. His GF later confirmed what I had suspected: he was jealous because the other players were having fun at my game. He was a great GM so he shouldn't have those insecurities, but he did.

Anyway, a friend pointed out that I tend to run Champs characters with magic in their origin story. I thought about it and realized I was doing that because everyone else was playing angsty mutants and I hate copying other people. I made sure my next character wasn't magic-based, though!

I also dislike using foci. I like my powers to be MY powers. Lately, I've been on a kick where my defenses come from the PCs innate toughness rather than from something like a force field.

Super STR. Don't know why... yes I do. It's my inner muchkin. :blush:

I gotta say, I always go with Strenght and Invulnerability. I think it has to do with my own insecurities and fears that I always play someone who could shrug off a great fall (very acrophobic) or not fear the noises in the night...I can be pretty much a nervous wreck somedays...

Almost all of my Champs characters can fly. You know the old question: "If you could have 1 superpower, what would it be?" Guess what my answer to that is.

Also, almost all of my characters have different overall personalities, but they usually have one trait in common: the are "Boy Scouts" like Supes or Capt. Marvel.

Oh, let's see...

I don't tend to reiterate powers, I generally try to play all over the board, but I do have things I have a tendency to play.

Females - roughly 60-80% of the time, though that number fluctuates depending on concept. If the concept doesn't come with a sex, I'll usually choose female.

Albion. Scottish, English, Irish, Welsh. Given the option, a large number of my characters fit in there - usually Scottish or Irish. If not directly, then through blood.

Personality wise, my characters tend to be a little arrogant. Sometimes it's an innocent, naive arrogance, other times it's not, but it's rare that there isn't some arrogance there.

I pride myself on variety, but there are a few things that I tend to enjoy more than others.

I like martial artist characters. Even if the character is a Martial Artist archtype, I like all my character to have some HTH skills. I also like agility. Ultimately I think I like to have characters that move gracefully, and that tends to aid HTH fighting (or at least it looks good ;)).

Then there's Deduction. I think I have maybe one or two characters without it.

And naturally, I like to be team leader. I don't always get it, but when I do it's because I usually GM and have a good "plot sense" for solving mysteries and finding clues (or figuring out what they mean). That, and I'd probably be quite good an strategy wargames if I didn't find them so boring (no offense to people that play them, but I've found other players get annoyed when I give a soliloquy as I march over the hill or attempt to negotiate for an opponents surrender and actually mean it).