Elvis Museum Raided!

winterhawk

I'm currently running a campaign in Las Vegas, so when I ran across this article:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040318/ap_en_mu/elvis_jewelry_theft_1

...I knew I had to do something with it. So who commited the theft? DEMON, realizing that some trinket of The King's is an ancient mystical artifiact? GRAB, on commission for some less that scrupulous collector? Foxbat, 'cause he's Foxbat? Any suggestions welcomed and appreciated!

EL - VIS

Last son of a dying race sent across space and crashed landed in rural Tennessee where he was raised by a family who had just lost there first born his name was taken from the pod in which he was found.

As he grew Elvis discovered his powers. His emotive sub-vocalizations that allowed him to enhance the emotional response of those who heard his voice. His body possessed toughness. Flexibility, strength, stamina and reflexes beyond the range of normal men as superior senses made him a ferocious combatant as a quick study of the martial arts and excellent marksman. Elvis believed in justice secretly helping the police and the FBI as he toured and being granted honorary badges from, many national authorities for his help though kept secret.

The life cycle of Elvis’s people was different from humans they experienced a second puberty before maturing into the final adult form.

During this time Elvis consumed massive amounts of food preparing his body for the change and a cocktail of chemicals that his body needed to transform. At the same time trying to work out what was wrong with him he finally discovered the pod that brought him to earth learning of his true origins he was able to contact his people. Elvis arranged to fake his own death and left to discover more about his people. Periodically returning to earth to assist with intergalactic situations and indulging in his fast food addiction.

Now he has returned permanently arriving in Nevada he came to Las Vegas in disguise his new form much stronger and capable of flight discovering the Elvis museum he took some of his favorite possessions back before donning a new costume procured from an Elvis impersonator store

Now he is

THE KING

A flying brick martial artist with an alien blaster weapon

Think superman with in a Rhinestone jump suit defeating his foes with karate and his sharp shooting blaster

An I thought what I had done to the King was bad. I just had him get kidnapped by a time-travelling sorceress (who also took Marilyn and both Kennedys) who was kidnapping them for reason of her own. Unfortunately for her, Genghis Khan wandered into the same Room as Emporer Caligula, and their ensuing battle destroyed her time machine, scattereing her abductees across the time stream.

Elvis ended up 50,000 years in the past, on Mars. He opened up a bar and did a brisk business selling 'firewater' to the Martians. He later was abducted again by the men in Black, hours before the PC's could rescue him.

The only PC's have about his current whereabout is the remains of a rhinestone-studded jumpsuit found in an otherwise empty egyptian sarcophagous.

winterhawk, do any of your PCs have Vulnerabilities or Susceptibilities to any gemlike or metallic substances? Perhaps those could have been used in some cheap jewjaws that caught the King's fancy, which enemies of your heroes recognized.

Another possibility is an actual cult of Elvis worshippers (probably not unknown in real life) who need some of his possessions for a necromantic ritual designed to bring Presley back to life. Being amateurs, though, it wouldn't be surprising if their spells went awry, and called up something much worse...

Any DNPCs who might have gotten caught up in such a group?

Guest Major Tom
Originally posted by Ghost who Walks

An I thought what I had done to the King was bad. I just had him get kidnapped by a time-travelling sorceress (who also took Marilyn and both Kennedys) who was kidnapping them for reason of her own. Unfortunately for her, Genghis Khan wandered into the same Room as Emporer Caligula, and their ensuing battle destroyed her time machine, scattereing her abductees across the time stream.

Elvis ended up 50,000 years in the past, on Mars. He opened up a bar and did a brisk business selling 'firewater' to the Martians. He later was abducted again by the men in Black, hours before the PC's could rescue him.

The only PC's have about his current whereabout is the remains of a rhinestone-studded jumpsuit found in an otherwise empty egyptian sarcophagous.

So that's who Bubba Ho-Tep really is...

Major Tom :D

Glad someone mentioned Bubba Hotep...I love that film.

Taking a cue from that film and a plot from SciFi's "The Chronicle": Elvis discovers a clutch of vampires while performing in Chicago in 1972. With the help of reporter Karl Kolchak, he manages to defeat the coven, but realizes that there is much more supernatural evil out there (Thanks to the vivid accounts of Karl Kolchak). He hires the best of his many impersonators to fill in for him, and travels the globe, training himself to become a nemisis of supernatural evil. While the impersonator dies from his many vices, The King fights a shadow war against the supernatural. He rolls into Vegas hot on the trail of an reanimated Aztec Mummy. Realizing that some of his jewelry was forged from pilfered Aztec gold, he breaks into the museum in order to forge a bullet to kill the beast.

freakboy and Ghost...those are some great ideas!

Originally posted by freakboy6117

EL - VIS

Last son of a dying race sent across space and crashed landed in rural Tennessee where he was raised by a family who had just lost there first born his name was taken from the pod in which he was found.

As he grew Elvis discovered his powers. His emotive sub-vocalizations that allowed him to enhance the emotional response of those who heard his voice. His body possessed toughness. Flexibility, strength, stamina and reflexes beyond the range of normal men as superior senses made him a ferocious combatant as a quick study of the martial arts and excellent marksman. Elvis believed in justice secretly helping the police and the FBI as he toured and being granted honorary badges from, many national authorities for his help though kept secret.

The life cycle of Elvis’s people was different from humans they experienced a second puberty before maturing into the final adult form.

During this time Elvis consumed massive amounts of food preparing his body for the change and a cocktail of chemicals that his body needed to transform. At the same time trying to work out what was wrong with him he finally discovered the pod that brought him to earth learning of his true origins he was able to contact his people. Elvis arranged to fake his own death and left to discover more about his people. Periodically returning to earth to assist with intergalactic situations and indulging in his fast food addiction.

Now he has returned permanently arriving in Nevada he came to Las Vegas in disguise his new form much stronger and capable of flight discovering the Elvis museum he took some of his favorite possessions back before donning a new costume procured from an Elvis impersonator store

Now he is

THE KING

A flying brick martial artist with an alien blaster weapon

Think superman with in a Rhinestone jump suit defeating his foes with karate and his sharp shooting blaster

LOL

I love it! All we need now is a write-up!

Originally posted by Ghost who Walks

You can never go wrong by using Karl Kolchak!

Greatest...Occult...Investigator...of all time!

I agree. The Elvis/Karl Kolchak thing was a one shot run by a buddy of mine (also a huge Nightstalker fan), they also teamed up with Pepper Anderson (Police Woman).

Instead of the Aztec Mummy thing, I ended up tying up a lose plot thread from the sister campaign involving Anubis. Pretty neat battle at the Luxor.