City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Mostly Champions Server' date=' but we also have characters on the other servers too. I have chars on both Champion and Freedom primarily. My Global ID is @Battlestar1[/quote']

Cool, I just finished patching it last night. I'll have to wait till I get off work till I can play around with it.

Guest Suleyman Rashid

Anyone else ever get handed a timed mission that was bugged so you couldn't complete it, failing you when the time ran out? I just did...

Anyone else ever get handed a timed mission that was bugged so you couldn't complete it' date=' failing you when the time ran out? I just did...[/quote']

Every so often.

Though not as bad as the "Protect Objects" where you don't even know where the object is before it gets destroyed. I think the last one I set off was on the other side of a wall (Different room). All of a sudden I was back on the street.

Those look like pointed ears. Only one of my early toons still has pointed ears, and I can not find that setting now. How did you get them, or is that an older toon?

I tried to remake Nacht Madchen's appearance as Night Maiden, and the pointed ears option no longer existed. Demonic BDSM dominatrix is the look.

Enforcer - I have a Gforce 4 5600, not the best. I do have 1 GB of RAM which has improved the graphics since I installed it.

Sv - This character is my global ID and one of my Beta characters, Battlestar. He is a malvan gladiator from my local Champions games. In CoH, he's come to Paragon because he chased the Rikti here. As far as pointed ears go, I haven't tried to make a hero with pointed ears since I made him, that would be wierd if the option was just removed.

Think I should force myself to look up free image hosting sites for holding screenshots of my toons.

Karen is a hottie! Both in her dominating supersuit and in her civvies. Kara is a hottie as well in all 4 of her outfits!

Hell, none of mine are unattractive. :D Thinking of redoing some costumes ala Iron Vixen's looks. :D She's become my buddy, and we seem to be rubbing off on one another.

Enforcer - I have a Gforce 4 5600, not the best. I do have 1 GB of RAM which has improved the graphics since I installed it.

Sv - This character is my global ID and one of my Beta characters, Battlestar. He is a malvan gladiator from my local Champions games. In CoH, he's come to Paragon because he chased the Rikti here. As far as pointed ears go, I haven't tried to make a hero with pointed ears since I made him, that would be wierd if the option was just removed.

That would explain it.

Not sure what the level for Bloody Bay was. It might have been 15th. Supposedly, there is a mechanic for preventing higher-level toons fom running roughshod over the lower levels, but I am not convinced that it works. I will say that a 7 level advantage, coupled with the inherent power disparity between a scrapper and a mastermind travelling sans pets = 1 dead MM, instantly. (Okay, not instantly - hit, stunned, fell, landed, DoT took effect, died before I could trigger the inspiration.)

The biggest problem I had with the PvP zones is that the "enemy" characters have orange names. And, after playing healing and rez patrol for something like 8 months, orange name = no threat, not imminent death.

Bloody Bay is the lowest, 15 to enter, then all are set at roughly level 25 once inside. I say roughly because someone over level 25 and exempted will have SOs and a whole lot of slots. Someone under 25 will be SKed to 25 and will be lacking the higher level powers gained between their level and 25 (a 24th level toon has 5 more powers than a level 15 toon SKed up) and likely lacking SOs.

Still, once inside, you are level 25. Resummon your pets and see their new level. You will also have both Tier 2 pets. Still, MM should expect to die in PVP at that level. Players just ignore pets and move in for the kill. :(

Still, once inside, you are level 25. Resummon your pets and see their new level. You will also have both Tier 2 pets. Still, MM should expect to die in PVP at that level. Players just ignore pets and move in for the kill. :(

So I noticed. I did get past most of the Shiva monsters with Stealth; that doesn't do much good against players, obviously. :(

JG

I haven't done a whole lot of PVP, but I noticed that now, even as a stalker, I'm somehow visible to heroes. I know villains can spot invisible foes by using Dange Sense, but I wasn't aware heroes had an equivalent. Basically, I was being targeted anytime I was out in the water with the villains. The heroes would fly around and try to avoid the vilains but would sweep in and take a swing at me then keep running.

Bloody Bay is the lowest, 15 to enter, then all are set at roughly level 25 once inside. I say roughly because someone over level 25 and exempted will have SOs and a whole lot of slots. Someone under 25 will be SKed to 25 and will be lacking the higher level powers gained between their level and 25 (a 24th level toon has 5 more powers than a level 15 toon SKed up) and likely lacking SOs.

I was in Siren's Call, heading toward a mission. Got within 50 yards or so before I got popped. The problem with the PvP zones are, IMO:

Coloring on the names of the other side, as I said before. Deucedly hard to tell dead from death-dealing juggernaut when both are orange. When you are close enough, you can see them move, but you can get sniped from a range where you can't tell fataility from foe.

Search function - I can see how many other villains are out there, but have no clue what the hero density is like. If there are only 6 villains, and 345,783,457 heroes, I'd rather not venture out there, thank you.

You can have SOs at lvl 22. I managed a couple. But there is a huge disparity between the level 15 and level 25 character. I admit, were I in the higher-lvl toons cape, I'd be tempted to obliterate the lower-powered toons, but I would probably abstain, since it just doesn't seem. .. sporting. It may not be very villainous, but there's also not much challenge, either. That doesn't make it fun for me or them.

Garou, at 22, Karen Lokidittir was able to afford 6 ACC SOs and 3 Endurance SOs. I would not expect most 22-25 Villains to be fully slotted with SOs, I'd say 10 at the most without a toon bankrolling them. For any villains under 22, SOs are not an option. That was my point.

With a 25+ toon lowered to 25, you better believe they are fully slotted with SOs, and that gives them the advantage. Any toon entering Bloody Bay under 25 is gimped when SKed to that level. You're only advantage is that an attacker won't know who is really below and who is really above 25. If they pay attention to your powers used, they can figure out who to wipe first.

The only reason Karen could afford 9 SOs at 22 is because I do not buy TOs and DOs, and instead save to buy ACC and Endurance at 22. That's how I play on all new servers, and the villain side might as well be a new server for how poor we start off.

Blue, Ice tankers and SR scrappers have + Perception in some powers. Also, Tactics from a Defender has a greater detection range that plays against you. Heck, with drones adding to perception, no more stalking at the hero base. ;)

Defenders get the best Tactics Perception bonus. If any were with those heroes, that would explain it. Especially if Ice Tankers or SR Scrappers were with a tactics using Defender.

When my Controller hit 22, I was able to almost fully slot everything with SOs. This was before they halved the debt in missions, and got rid of debt from levels 6-10 as well.

Not sure how many SO's I have on my MM right now. 6? 8? Something like that. I could have afforded more, but I have been giving gifts of influence to lower-level toons in my SG. As long as my bots are fully slotted with SOs, I'm happy.