City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Dreadhawk

Re: City of Heroes - Online Hero Game

Yeah, I've already seen how much more efficiently a scrapper can mow through a group that I seem to spend all day hitting*. On the other hand, I wanted to build the classic caped marvel character, and the scrapper just doesn't have the right feel. Maybe a brute would, but I want my main character to be a hero.

Meh. I'm having fun.

*It probably doesn't help that I've been spending my enhancement slots on Hover instead of attacks or defenses since hitting 7th :D

Don't waste slots on Hover, you really only need it to get to flight and once you can fly, be able to switch to hover with a hotkey. This will allow you to be effective with aerial combat. Although I don't know how much of that you're really going to do as a Tank, great for Blasters though.

Don't waste slots on Hover' date=' you really only need it to get to flight and once you can fly, be able to switch to hover with a hotkey. This will allow you to be effective with aerial combat. Although I don't know how much of that you're really going to do as a Tank, great for Blasters though.[/quote']

I wanted to be able to leave it running for the defense while in melee, but it needed to be much faster in order to close with moving foes. I was under the impression that Fly was not well suited to this (though I've never used it).

My sprinting speed is too high for melee, and I tend to overshoot. I figured Fly would have the same problem.

Plus, I'm just impatient and wanted to be able to fly around a little ;)

/e boombox

Or select from the emotes at the chat text box and pick a song type.

Hover will cancel it.

Best part of being a Mastermind is "/petsay saysomething here"

I can have each of my pets use a boombox, dance, protest, wall lean, hold a torch, cheer, rate things, roll dice, play rock/paper/scissors, etc.

Sometimes I have my undead or robots do a danceoff, or hold a torch while yelling "Freebird!", or protest ED and the gimping of tankers.

/e boombox

Or select from the emotes at the chat text box and pick a song type.

Hover will cancel it.

Best part of being a Mastermind is "/petsay saysomething here"

I can have each of my pets use a boombox, dance, protest, wall lean, hold a torch, cheer, rate things, roll dice, play rock/paper/scissors, etc.

Sometimes I have my undead or robots do a danceoff, or hold a torch while yelling "Freebird!", or protest ED and the gimping of tankers.

Thanks!

Shame about no hover-dancing though...

Pretty much Tankers are Damage Soakers but not gods like they use to be. They are pretty even with the rest of the AT's. Still the easiest AT to play.

Tankers and Scrappers, at later levels, get a one range attack. Not counting the epic power.

Also depends on the Power Set. Claws for instance has two ranged attacks.

Drat! While playing Karen Lokidittir (my Necro/Dark MM, cousin of my tanker Kara Lokison), I had a great evil idea for a stalker, but the costume creator won't let me do it! Drat!

AmerInd, the last American Indian Warrior! She would be an immortal stalker who seeks vengence for the loss of her lands and people to the Europeans! Her battle cry would be "Xians killed the Indians, time for payback!"

Shame the costume creator doesn't have what I need for her look. No feather headdresses or anything more tradional. Might still create her with an updated look. Really like the reactions people have when I say Christians killed the Indians, especially since it is true. :eg:

Finally got all 6 of my Champions heroes into Kara's Army of One SG, and all 6 of my Champions villains into Karen's Legion of Dooooommmmm SG! Let the good times begin for this soloist's alts!

I also took the time to update Kara's costumes (Invuln/SS tanker) and Hela's costume (DM/DA scrapper) as well. Might update the Grav/Kin and Ill/Rad controllers' appearances later. The two blasters really don't need updating.

Kimmie, annoyed that villain options do not appear yet for heroes, although fishnets and metal bottoms do overlap. At icon, I can briefly get fishnets to appear on my heroes in place of metal (text overlaps).