Silliest Disadvantage Ever

Maccabe

Re: Silliest Disadvantage Ever

Mighty Bec apart from telling me there are no openings for me, and (implied) characters will be more 5ed legal, why have you posted?

Its nice your supporting World Maker, but theres no need.

Because I interpreted your post in a way that implied that you just applied for Redemption, and I was nicely telling you that you were wasting your time, since that game was already filled. Since apparently, that is not the case, there's no need for me to try to be helpful.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understood.

I dont believe im continuing a grievence on other boards, i asked for oppinions on rules on the board i think your talking about.

Id said bad things,( on this board ) just wanted to know what the actual rules were.

Silly disad:

DF:Unearthly Beauty, concealable with effort, causes Lust

The character had a Comeliness of 12.

Actually, replace "Unearthly Beauty" with "Exudes pheremones" and it sounds, well, at least more plausible...

Two I have tried on me

Disadvantage as power or advantage

Accidental Change:to hero, powered or otherwise useful form when in danger, threatened or combat

I actually had a character with a disad similar to this. His was:

Accidental Change: to hero when in situation needing a hero.

His powers were mostly OIHID.

The problem was his defenses were a suit of Armor that was designed to look like a suit of power armor. All it did was enhance his powers and give him defenses. It had to be put on manually as it wasn't part of the powers he got from the "aliens".

This really makes going to the bank interestiing. If he is in the bank when a supervillian tries to rob it. he has to roll his dice to see if he changes, right there in front of everybody.:eek:

Re: Silliest Disadvantage Ever and some that are interesting

I think the silliest a player of mine had was a female character with "Men Magnet", "DF: Massive Breasts", "Secret Id" and no mask. Why? Her explation was that men never look at her face. She also had this thing of exposing herself trying to do PRE attacks.

LOL !! You just reminded me of a PC someone played in our games a long, long time ago. Female in a trenchcoat, called "The Flasher". You guessed it, she would whip open that coat and strike people, male and female, slack-jawed dumb with her incredible bod... a PRE attack with a lot of dice.

That was a silly character contept, if you ask me.

Mags

LOL !! You just reminded me of a PC someone played in our games a long, long time ago. Female in a trenchcoat, called "The Flasher". You guessed it, she would whip open that coat and strike people, male and female, slack-jawed dumb with her incredible bod... a PRE attack with a lot of dice.

That was a silly character contept, if you ask me.

Mags

LOL

Hopefully, it was a less than serious campaign.

LOL

Hopefully, it was a less than serious campaign.

Oh, no. We were quite serious at the time. How sad is that?

Did I mention that 'The Flasher' was naked under the coat? Needless to say, we made a house rule limiting PRE based PCs ofter that.

Mags

Oh, no. We were quite serious at the time. How sad is that?

Did I mention that 'The Flasher' was naked under the coat? Needless to say, we made a house rule limiting PRE based PCs ofter that.

Mags

I figured she was nude. :lol:

You know you could almost, almost make a semi serious character with basis. Someone that selfishly sought to be the most beautiful person EVER and now regrets it because its more a curse than a boon (they can never interact normally with people again). Maybe they made a hasty wish and now realize just how incredibly selfish that was and are trying to make up for it by using their ability for some form of good.

I figured she was nude. :lol:

You know you could almost, almost make a semi serious character with basis. Someone that selfishly sought to be the most beautiful person EVER and now regrets it because its more a curse than a boon (they can never interact normally with people again). Maybe they made a hasty wish and now realize just how incredibly selfish that was and are trying to make up for it by using their ability for some form of good.

Susceptable to Green. 2d6

Green what?

See now, I just can't imagine any GM that er, "nice" to allow anyone to get by with such a Disad. Silly is one thing, stupid is another.

Mags

Is this any sillier than "Powers cannot affect anything yellow?" If the player had a good explanation for it (mind you, I an't think onf one), I would allow it. And Green would sddenly become THE fashionable color for NPC Martial Artist gloves. Extra 2d6 NND every punch. Humm, find two green dice to roll for that.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Is this any sillier than "Powers cannot affect anything yellow?" If the player had a good explanation for it (mind you' date=' I an't think onf one), I would allow it. And Green would sddenly become THE fashionable color for NPC Martial Artist gloves. Extra 2d6 NND every punch. Humm, find two green dice to roll for that.[/quote']

A combination of super sensory powers and an intense fear of plants?

Vulnerable to a very small subset of light radiation, but only when it's isolated?

Some kind of 'spirit of darkness' that normally only lives at night, but in the modern world (where 'green' is not the default color of the ground) stalks the day as well?

I think my players had too much sense to pass on to me things as silly as you guys are mentioning.

About the silliest would be "Fear of trees" from a superhero who was previously a Wood Nymph. (She had a bad experience :))

It wasn't with a Redneck Tree, was it? ;)

Hello everyone! Just delurked...

Back when I HAD a campaign (sigh) I remember a player try "Takes X2 STUN & BODY from falling into Black Holes". This, in a campaign with NO space travel (which still wouldn't make it reasonable...)!!!

Hello everyone! Just delurked...

Back when I HAD a campaign (sigh) I remember a player try "Takes X2 STUN & BODY from falling into Black Holes". This, in a campaign with NO space travel (which still wouldn't make it reasonable...)!!!

That must have been one tough PC . . . :rolleyes:

The silliest one I've ever thought up was for a librarian NPC. Berserk, whenever he sees books returned damaged or late. Mind you, this is a comedy campaign and I am studying to be a librarian myself. Doesn't hold a candle to most of these, I'm afraid.

Susceptable to Green. 2d6

I would have allowed this one.

Of course, the fact that innocent bystanders would always have plenty of produce to pelt the hero's with when they didn't act the way the crowd wanted. Roll a d6. On a 1-5, it's something green (lettuce, green apple, green beans (it burns! it burns!), etc.), if it's a 6, then it's a rotten tomato. Not damaging, but embarrasing.

Doc

The silliest one I've ever thought up was for a librarian NPC. Berserk' date=' whenever he sees books returned damaged or late. Mind you, this is a comedy campaign and I am studying to be a librarian myself. Doesn't hold a candle to most of these, I'm afraid.[/quote']

Who was that, Conan the Librarian?

Mags

Mags

Ahem. We have a long-running NPC we use in almost all superheroic campaigns called "Alexandria -- the Librarian". This is a serious character, not a parody. She may not be much in combat but this is NOT the woman you want looking for information about you...

Mags

Hmm . . . actually, he's the twin brother of one of the player characters (a corporate housewife). STR 60, Double Knockback for that STR, and a power called Human Ball Squeeze (Transform;exactly what it sounds like :eek: ). Conan the Librarian? Maybe. :winkgrin:

Sorry for joining in so late, but I remembered coming up with a few linked disads, with the second based upon the first.

Let's start with "Psychological Limitation: Only changes his underwear on the first of the month." This, of course, leads to "Psychological Limitation: Deathly afraid of getting diarrhea on the second of the month."

Or how about starting with "Physical Limitation: Tendency to chase anyone in a skirt." Which leads to "Social Limitation: Very uncomfortable around men wearing kilts."

I've played in a Champions game that was deliberately silly (loosely Toon-like), so you can imagine how many silly Disads showed up as perfectly legitimate.

Example: My own character was Super Mr. Potatohead, a flying brick (uhh... potato...) with a 30- Disguise roll. He was Vulnerable to Mashing attacks and Susceptible to Butter, Sour Cream and Chives (together, not seperately).

John T

In a modern day' date=' arguably realistic "urban" setting I think I would allow it as as 5 Point Social Limitation if the character was openly gay. In a more cinematic game or one where it just wouldn't come up that much, a Quirk seems right or maybe nothing at all.[/quote']

I think campaign locale would play a role, too. I'd find it hard to imagine it being a disadvantage in the Netherlands, for instance.