Longest Running Thread EVER

My next vehicle will be electric for this reason.  No starter motor.  No solenoid.  No valves.  No timing belt.  No oil or oil pan.  No alternator.  No intake or exhaust sensors.  No fuel pump.  No plugs, plug wires, or distributor.  No clutch or clutch hydraulics.  No transmission.  No ignition switch.  These are all things that I have had to replace on my vehicles over the last decades.

2 hours ago, Old Man said:

My next vehicle will be electric for this reason.  No starter motor.  No solenoid.  No valves.  No timing belt.  No oil or oil pan.  No alternator.  No intake or exhaust sensors.  No fuel pump.  No plugs, plug wires, or distributor.  No clutch or clutch hydraulics.  No transmission.  No ignition switch.  These are all things that I have had to replace on my vehicles over the last decades.

My sister-in-law got an all-electric vehicle about six months back.  She's had two incidents where it simply refused to start.  Battery was full up.  I don't know what the issue was, but it's really awkward when there's nothing you can do AND the dealer/service is 60 road miles plus a 30-minute ferry ride away.  You can't jump-start an electric.

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

What if there is a power failure (blackout)?

Gasoline-powered generators exist and have multiple uses when disaster arrives.

• 4 weeks later...

I associate horses with nothing but work, which results from my sister getting a horse when she was 8 or 9, and I was 16 or 17.  Teenage brothers are nothing but free labor in such a situation.  I remember spending my afternoon of July 4 one year bucking bales in 100-degree sun, because we could have them for free if we'd pick 'em up and drive them away.  Going away to college was, on top of lots of other things, relief from hated manual labor.

• 3 weeks later...

If they work well for you, then :thumbup:

I've been a two-pair-of-glasses guy for several years.  The compliance in my eyes has degraded so I use a pair for computer work, and a different (bifocal) pair for everything else.  I'm on my 2nd pair of computer glasses, and for this pair I remembered to get easily distinguishable frames for them, so that I can tell much more easily which pair I'm wearing when I am walking around through the house (and, perhaps, preparing to get in the car and drive).  When I first started this situation I was frequently getting in the car, starting it, start rolling into the street, and then realize Wrong Glasses.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

In my continuing quest to do something useful, I have just sent Bolo of Earth the updated Hero and Villain team lists from the Create Hero Team and Create Villain Team. These are in document form and list the now 600 villain team breakdowns and 349 hero team breakdowns (we are working on team 350).

I have also recently completed individual write ups of the hero and villain teams.