Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Actually' date=' the only reason I shoot dirty looks at large vehicles is because it's difficult to see around them; that's more a personal safety thing than a politics thing. Neither of my vehicles are real winners in the political/emissions department (actually one is, but only because I can't get it started at the moment so it counts as parking strip sculpture rather than vehicle :mad:). The sports car with the same milage as the SUV bothers me less, simply because I can see over and around him.[/quote']

I agree Cancer! And the wonder why people are always trying to get around them... Of course I drive a Saturn Vue myself, but I try to stay either in the middle lane or give people room to pass. Of course I don't drive it every day either. My wife and I trade off with the much smaller SL1.

Didn't we have a flame-fest concerning this issue last year?

We have two. Yes, two SUVs in our family. My wife feels safer driving them.

If you don't like it. Tough Titty Twisters. Worry about something important.

Like Global Warming, no wait... that isn't important enough to merit support.

Like Peak Oil, bah that is a conspiracy theory and nothing more.

I know... why d20 sucks!

And then after Global Warming, in a few millenia, its Global Cooling again because nobody is producing enough CO2. Damn those climate cycles.:D

And then after we use up all the easily accessible gas giant hydrogen, we have Peak Fusion to deal with.:eg:

Aaargh! I agree that we should stick to dissing D20 or GURPS.

And then after Global Warming' date=' in a few millenia, its Global Cooling again because nobody is producing enough CO2. Damn those climate cycles.:D [/quote']

Wow... the first time I have encountered someone other than myself that acknowledges the climate cycle.

Not that we should be RUSHING the warming period or anything, but still. :)

Wow... the first time I have encountered someone other than myself that acknowledges the climate cycle.

Hm, I must do too good a job of concealing my biases. I don't acknowledge it; I teach it.

Scientists and the educated have been saying it for years, but the problem is that that downplays it and makes it un-"buzz worthy" and therefore the media, with some exceptions, won't mention it to those that don't bother reading for themselves. Thankfully there are those, regardless of political affiliations, that are willing to research these things on their own. Unfortunately it is a minority of the population. :(

Like Global Warming, no wait... that isn't important enough to merit support.

Like Peak Oil, bah that is a conspiracy theory and nothing more.

I know... why d20 sucks!

My SUVs get better gas mileage than many of the OTHER cars on the road.

Go complain about bikinis or something.