Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Unfortunately, I've seen Hugo Weaving in too many other roles to associate him with just Agent Smith.

Now that's gold! :rofl:

Yeah, that's the one that motivated me to post it. I LOLed. ^ v ^

Oh and Alice ?

I saw that list posted here a while ago. The Agent Anderson bit and Run Forest were the big giveaways. That did have a couple of new ones though with Frankfurter and Monty Python.

I'm sure it was. That's why it didn't get its own new topic, but instead got buried here. ^ v ^

Okay' date=' found DocOtaku, repped him for getting a job. Found Badger, sent vieled threats disguised as insults while sneering and now it's coffee time. Ever tried Russian coffee? Uuugh![/quote']

You should never rush coffee, it needs to brew slowly to get all the flavor out. ;)

No, this is the other sense of Homework Ogre. Forcing my kids to do their homework when it's assigned. Another Happy Fun Part of parenthood for you to look forward to. Happily, you get to have, oh, three or four nights of uninterrupted sleep before that starts.

You should never rush coffee' date=' it needs to brew slowly to get all the flavor out. ;)[/quote']

There are four basic types of coffee:

Espresso - brew fast, 2oz a day is all you need.

Press - brew slow, enjoy life.

Drip - a lesson in patience, buth worth the wait.

Automatic - THREE GALLONS RIGHT NOW NO EXCUSES.

There were four country churches ina small Texas town: The Presbyterian Church, the Baptist Church, the Methodist Church and the Catholic Church. Each church was overrun with pesky squirrels.

One day, the Presbyterian Church called a meeting to decide what to do about the squirrels. After much prayer and consideration they determined that the squirrels were predestined to be there and they shouldn't interfere with God's divine will.

In the Baptist Church the squirrels had taken up habitation in the baptistery. The deacons met and decided to put a cover on the baptistery and drown the squirrels in it. The squirrels escaped somehow and there were twice as many there the next week.

The Methodist group got together and decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God's creation. So, they humanely trapped the squirrels and set them free a few miles outside of town. Three days later, the squirrels were back.

But -- the Catholic Church came up with the best and most effective solution. They baptized the squirrels and registered them as members of the church. Now they only see them on Christmas and Easter.

There are four basic types of coffee:

Espresso - brew fast, 2oz a day is all you need.

Press - brew slow, enjoy life.

Drip - a lesson in patience, buth worth the wait.

Automatic - THREE GALLONS RIGHT NOW NO EXCUSES.

But RAH (We Grok RAH) stated that coffee comes in 5 grades;

Coffee

Java

Joe

Jamoke

and Carbon Remover.

Our office (Office hah! It's a trailer 500kM from a town in the middle of the Siberian Taiga - give me a break!) coffee is usually around grade 3. Sort of 'Automatic Jamoke'.

But RAH (We Grok RAH) stated that coffee comes in 5 grades;

Coffee

Java

Joe

Jamoke

and Carbon Remover.

Our office (Office hah! It's a trailer 500kM from a town in the middle of the Siberian Taiga - give me a break!) coffee is usually around grade 3. Sort of 'Automatic Jamoke'.

4 Types, 5 Grades. Mutually compatible systems. Our office hovers around Jamoke and Carbon Remover.

No' date=' this is the other sense of Homework Ogre. Forcing my kids to do their homework when it's assigned. Another Happy Fun Part of parenthood for you to look forward to. Happily, you get to have, oh, three or four nights of uninterrupted sleep before that starts.[/quote']

See, this is the kind of stuff that makes me glad that I don't have kids and never will. The only homework I have to worry about is for my games.

YES! My wife and I were discussing exactly that the other day. We were actually talking about college text books and the current trend of students scanning and PDFing them. Yes that is illegal, and I don't promote it, but that is a truly intelligent and sophisticated direction to go I feel. With the price of tablet PCs dropping rapidly, I would be willing to buy my kids those and download all their books to it. All the teachers have email, and everything could be made digital. We lose the need for a lot of the school supplies, excepting "crafty" type stuff, and actually save the schools even more money and our kids the back problems.

In fact, some would argue that all the typing would be a bad thing, but I would remind them that those tablet PCs can use a stylus for their input. Yes, I agree wholeheartedly GA. :yes:

Indeed. I would not insult cocaine-smuggling underage-white-slave-taking pirates by comparing them to college textbook publishers, because the pirates are more ethical and don't gouge their customers anywhere near as badly.