Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Not an issue; it's only a cleaning. My teeth' date=' fortunately, are in good shape these days. Not so in my youth.[/quote']

I wound up with a root canal. Damn old filling had broken. It's always bad when you hear the dentist say "I haven't seen one of these in some time." :doi:

Had it done yesterday. Went very well, fell asleep in the chair even. (The dentist chairs have a massage function.)

Now if only my truck's engine didn't have horrible issues on the way back. it's at the mechanic now...

Pool Party at RPMiller's house!!

Actually that isn't too far from the truth. :) I'm hoping to have a 'pool breaking in' party (I avoided pool warming party as that has other connotations I would rather avoid. ;)), but it is all dependant on whether it gets done, and what the weather is like among other things.

I wound up with a root canal. Damn old filling had broken. It's always bad when you hear the dentist say "I haven't seen one of these in some time." :doi:

Had it done yesterday. Went very well, fell asleep in the chair even. (The dentist chairs have a massage function.)

I had that happen the night I came home after graduating from college. Turned out I'd lost a piece of a filling and not noticed. Bite into my steak, and crunch, I had a toothache. That was Friday night, and in Yakima the dentists stay home until 9AM Monday. Unpleasant weekend.

When the root canal was done, no sleep for me. Instead I had nice drug-induced paranoid delusions that instead of fixing my tooth, he was extracting my entire central nervous system out through the little opening there. I must have argued silently with myself about that for most of an hour.

I was lucky, in that my actual root canal didn't hurt much. They did it in several shifts, and packed the tooth with something that slowly killed the nerve in the meantime. So the between sessions were excruciating and distracting, but the only major problem with the actual dental work was keeping my jaw that wide open for an hour at a time. I requested a bite block, and, the first time I bit the dentist (totally not on purpose! The anaesthesia relaxed me!), he remembered to give me the block before going near my mouth.

While driving last week we passed a sign that said, "Watch for livestock".

So I said, "Yeah, you gotta look out for cattle with anti-vehicle weapons."

My wife's response (after LOL): "You've never seen a cow with an anti-tank rocket!"

Me: "Which proves my point. It's the one you don't see that gets you."

Falling Rocks was a legendary Native American warrior, known for his tactic of seizing the high ground and throwing stones down upon the heads of the white man. According to folklore, he completed a grueling one-month war dance that gifted him with a lifespan long enough to see his enemies driven from his land forever. The Army hunted him for years, but never caught him. To this day signs must be posted near areas where he is likely to attack.

I had that happen the night I came home after graduating from college. Turned out I'd lost a piece of a filling and not noticed. Bite into my steak' date=' and crunch, I had a toothache. That was Friday night, and in Yakima the dentists stay home until 9AM Monday. Unpleasant weekend.

When the root canal was done, no sleep for me. Instead I had nice drug-induced paranoid delusions that instead of fixing my tooth, he was extracting my entire central nervous system out through the little opening there. I must have argued silently with myself about that for most of an hour.

Ow. Similar to mine in the beginning. Kanab doesn't have much in the way of dentistry. I wound up having to go to the ER to get pain meds late friday night. Thankfully, the pharmacy was open Saturday and I got a good antibiotic as well. I had started a nice infection as well. Monday I got to drive an hour to go to the only dentist I could find with an opening. (yes, even for emergencies) Thankfully, I found a good dentist.

I haven't heard that song in ages.

Prehistoric Animals, Ghost Angel.

That's the previous line:

Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals

Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big Black Nemesis, parthenogenesis

No one move a muscle as the dead come home

#177548 +(2586)- [X]

For those of you planning on seeing the third LOTR movie at the theater her are some survival tips.

1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly, "Wait... where's Harry Potter?"

2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" - After the movie, say "Lucas could have done it better."

3. At some point during the movie, stand up and shout: "I must go! Middle Earth needs me!" and run and try to jump into the screen. After bouncing off, return quietly to your seat.

4. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip every time someone says: "The Ring."

5. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

6. Ask the nearest ring-nut if he thinks Gandalf went to Hogwarts

7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."

8. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

9. At the end, complain that Gollum was offensive to Ethiopians

10. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end, bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

11. When Shelob appears, pinch the guy in front of you on the back of the neck.

12. Dress up as old ladies and reenact "The Battle of Helms Deep" Monty Python style.

13. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

14. Ask people around you who they think is the next "Terminator" sent from the Middle Earth of the future to assassinate Frodo Baggins

15. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

16. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before you get kicked out of the theatre.

17. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's Waldo?"

18. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the movie.

19. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

20. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and wander around looking terribly confused.

Now if only my truck's engine didn't have horrible issues on the way back. it's at the mechanic now...

Sorry to hear it, but glad it went well!

7. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mr. Anderson."
Unfortunately, I've seen Hugo Weaving in too many other roles to associate him with just Agent Smith.

15. In TTT when the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and shout "RUN FOREST, RUN!"
Now that's gold! :rofl:

That's the previous line:

Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals

Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big Black Nemesis, parthenogenesis

No one move a muscle as the dead come home

I know.

That's the reason I posted it to prove that I knew what you were talking about.

Oh and Alice ?

I saw that list posted here a while ago. The Agent Anderson bit and Run Forest were the big giveaways. That did have a couple of new ones though with Frankfurter and Monty Python.