Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

So, how many folks have gone and downloaded Weird Al's latest song "Don't Download This Song"? Yes, he is giving it away for free on his download site:

http://www.dontdownloadthissong.com/

I swear the man is an absolute genius. He also has another song that won't be released available for download from his official site.

Heathen ! What do you put on Fish and Chips then ? (That's Fish and French Fried Potatoes to the Yanks amongst us)

I have Pepper on dinners usually. And Mustard in ham cheese and tomato sandwiches. Or with dinners.

I put mustard on them. For both the Fish and the Chips. Though usually I put ketchup on my chips. Can't stand vinegar. And yes, I do realize that vinegar figures heavily into both mustard and ketchup. I don't mind it as in ingredient in other condiments, just not as a condiment itself.

And I started to be annoyed that Garlic was left of the original list of seasons, but then I realized it isn't a seasoning. It is a food group.

;)

Yesterday morning when the rain started, about 9 AM, it was distinctly chunky. (We have a skywall so this is easy to see.) As it went on it warmed up and went to pure liquid. Autumn has arrived, that's for sure.

I'd been planning on going out and getting some pics of our autumn foliage, but the rain was enough to put a lot of it off the trees and onto the ground.

OTOH, the birdies were very happy for our birdfeeder yesterday after the rain stopped.

I kinda miss snow. I mean' date=' we've had a few dustings around here, but no major accumulations. It hasn't even fully covered over the grass at all. :([/quote']

Heck, I'd settle for some dustings. Only time I've seen snow at all since I moved to NorCal was when I drove up to Nevada many months ago.

Heck' date=' I'd settle for some dustings. Only time I've seen snow at all since I moved to NorCal was when I drove up to Nevada many months ago.[/quote']

Ah, but you also have near-perfect weather. It DOES get cold here, and bone-chillingly damp, and we get floods when hurricanes veer way off, and the thunderstorms! Yikes!

Ah' date=' but you also have near-perfect weather. It DOES get cold here, and bone-chillingly damp, and we get floods when hurricanes veer way off, and the thunderstorms! Yikes![/quote']

I suspect you and I disagree about what qualifies as "near-perfect weather". As far as I am concerned, anything warmer than 70ish is too hot to be comfortable even in shorts and a t-shirt. I like the cold, and I like thunderstorms. Though we should start getting rain regularly here before too much longer. It isn't unusual for it to go the entire summer with no precipitation at all out here. So we can certainly use the rain...

I miss frost... :cry:

You'll get some. Not much, but you're just an hour or two from real snow in the winter.

Ah' date=' but you also have near-perfect weather. It DOES get cold here, and bone-chillingly damp, and we get floods when hurricanes veer way off, and the thunderstorms! Yikes![/quote']

Heh. I see Archermoo responded similar. For me, Sacromento isn't perfect weather, but I wasn't much for the Central valley. At least there are plenty of trees to blunt the summer heat.

You'll get some. Not much, but you're just an hour or two from real snow in the winter.

Heh. I see Archermoo responded similar. For me, Sacromento isn't perfect weather, but I wasn't much for the Central valley. At least there are plenty of trees to blunt the summer heat.

Actually, I'm not in Sac anymore, which is MUCH to hot in the summer for me. Concord, which is East Bay and where I am currently living, is still too hot for me, but much better than Sac generally. But it also puts me an extra hour from the real snow. But it also puts me much closer to SF. Which is also where I now work. (UCSF Medical Center for anyone interested)

On the weather front, the official October rainfall reading for Adelaide was 1 mm. I see from the rainfall map on the Bureau of Met website that there was 1 mm of rain in the southern suburbs, but none at all in the northern suburbs (where I live), so for my purposes, the monthly rainfall was 0mm.

And, as predicted, it did in fact rain this afternoon, although not heavily. I checked the garden during the course of the event, and areas under the trees remained dry far a while. Nevertheless, I didn't bother hand-watering the lawn, the first time for ages. Due to the drought, water restrictions are in place, and the use of sprinklers is verboten, except on alternate days, and then only between 8 pm and 8 am.