Freaky-powerful and complex!

Magmarock

This thread is an unofficial outlet to showcase all those freaky-powerful, super-sick, genius-conceived powers that have been turned down by GMs because the power will not only unbalance the game, but also will end the world as we know it!

A high AP is not necessary, but a high level of complexity is... and don’t forget to put the power in context of SFX! Adders! Advantages! Limitations! It's all good! (However, if it is acceptable to any GM, please don't post it here...)

Let’s see what you got! Brownie points, er Rep, will be awarded to the most heinously insane powers presented. Ok, folks... Freak me out! :D

Mags

Re: Freaky-powerful and complex!

This is a spray that I had a robot use to clear terrain ( anyhting that stood above ground level was a target.)

Nano Disassemblers:

1d6 RKA, AE 1 hex, NND*, Does Body, Continous**, 8 charges, No Range.

* defense is FF or large amounts of water (water would dilute the nanobots to be ineffective)

** lasts for 1 minute

This is a spray that I had a robot use to clear terrain ( anyhting that stood above ground level was a target.)

Nano Disassemblers:

1d6 RKA, AE 1 hex, NND*, Does Body, Continous**, 8 charges, No Range.

* defense is FF or large amounts of water (water would dilute the nanobots to be ineffective)

** lasts for 1 minute

That's fairly respectable, Tim. Thanks for playing...

But to make it truly sick, I'd increase the AE to..... Megascale! Whoot? Yeah... Whoot!! (Almost a doomsday device, that.)

Mags

mass contagion

1d6 RKA, 8" radius, 3 endurance

continous+1,Difficult to dispel+1/4, half endurance +1/4, personal immunity +1/2, Area Effect: Radius +1,Uncontrolled +1/2, Sticky +1/2, No range -1/2,Concentration 0DCV-1/2,14 or less activation -1/2

active cost: 75 ,real cost: 30.

Each person that touched one of the contaminated would also gain the problem with whatever amount of endurance reserve was put into it when they had contact

I feel my inner Munchkin emerging all right here goes.

"Internal energy source"

1d6 EB vs. ED [Autofire x5 +1 1/2, OEND +1, Fully Invisible +1, AE on hex/accurate +1/2, Continuous +1, Uncontrolled +1/2] (32 active) [No Range -1/2, No KD -1/4, Standard effect -0, Self only -0 )

"shut off by someone turning off the hidden switch :P "

+6 ED

1d6 Absorption vs. energy, +10 to Maximum, 1/2 points go to increasing the absorption max, the other 1/2 go to increase the Max on the Aid

1d6 Aid to anything all at once, +4 to Max, [Variable +2 Advantage +4, OEND +1/2]

Spiky Ball of Doom. (vehicle)

Laser Spike-

1 Pip RKA, No Range Modifier (+1/2), x10 Penetrating (+5), 0END (+1/2), Autofirex5 (+1 1/2), AoE: Hex (+1/2), Affects Desol (+1/2); (47 Active Points, 47 Real Points)

x1,024 Laser Spikes (50 Points)

I forget what the rest of it was, the GM took one look at the Laser Spike and just said "no."

VVP (25) Only to create skills

vvp only to make skill levels

10 d6 energy blast +1 area effect radius +1 NND +1 does body +3 3x AP 3x pen, Autofire x5 +1 1/2 +1/2 (0) end.

this power was called the villian buster it had a disad on it -1/2 only to kill "bad people"

Bear with me on this one, people. I'm trying to remember a complicated power without the sheet in front of me. :doi:

22d6 Healing (Stun & Body) + 3d6 Aid to all stats except Stun & Body (can't recall exact Power), usuable once/year, costs end, results occur over 3 minute period, full concentration, character loses as much Body as is healed, side-effect: 1d6 loss from all stats (except Int, Ego, Com, Pre) for 1 day

It's not totally accurate but it's something like this.

I am not an ubermunchkin, and cannot remember the real writup, but...

The Hand grenade type weapon that was not single use, but iirc Uncontrolled and continuous, explosive, after each blast it teleported something like 10 inches in a random direction. I think it killed a city, once.

Heh.

Shroomborgificate: 1-pip Transform into Shroomborg - Area of Effect (1 hex; +1/2), Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Penetrating x3 (+1 1/2), 0 End (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Persistent (+1/2); No Range (-1/2) [AP 27, RP 18]

1 Power Defense, x6 Hardened (2 AP, 2 RP)

Shroomborg Template: Psychological Limitation: Driven to Turn Everyone Except [original character] into Shroomborgs (-25), Psychological Limitation: Totally Loyal to (original character) (-0); Shroomborgificate, without PI and with Always On(+13), +21 Power Defense - Only vs. Healing (-2), Always On (-1/2) (+6); +9 Mental Defense - Always On (-1/2) (6)

Yep, for a cost of 20 CP, everyone on the planet without triple-hardened Power Defense becomes your slave, forever (since they all constantly reinforce the transform, preventing it from ever healing). Moreover, the Shroomborgification plague is nearly irreversible, since anyone affected becomes resistant to any attempt to heal them.

Beat that.

Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but I thougth the rules prohibited teleporting people into things. Correct?[/quote']

Correct. Space is still fine and if you have your mother's shower as a location...

Though you could tie in a nice NND killing attack into the tport

What if you combined it with Desolid usable against others and the Desolid only lasted say 2 phases. Odds of them getting out in time? depends. :)

Correct. Space is still fine and if you have your mother's shower as a location...

Though you could tie in a nice NND killing attack into the tport