The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

The Definition of Total Suck.

Last monday the mother of a friend passed away. It wasn't unexpected, she had alzheimers, but still it sucked. Friday my wife and I attended the funeral more to support our friend, as we didn't know the mother.

Saturday night one of their sons passed away, I don't know exactly why as we just got the call at 0330 this morning and things are still somewhere between shock and exhaustion. I think it had to do with asthma complications but I really don't have the whole story as our friends are still . . . shaken.

This weekend just sucks. Everywhere all the way around.

Total Suck.

Tell the people you're close to you love them.

I've been trying to write this short policy paper all day' date=' not to mention on-and-off most of last week. And I swear every time I look at it, my brain vapor-locks after 5 minutes! It's like pulling teeth to get a single sentence written! :idjit:[/quote']

Try loosening your gas cap.

:D

And oh yeah, my house was broken into Saturday afternoon.

Nothing stolen but all the doors were opened. My guess is they were looking for all the xmas present goodies that might be hidden in the closets. Little did they know all of them were on the couch, in the living room, they had to pass at least three times.

The mind boggles.

I've found that criminals tend not to be the brightest bulbs on the tree. Some are' date=' but the majority seem to be in some kind of haze, and might be stoned or drunk as well.[/quote']

That's the only thing I can think as my back door wasn't locked properly when last I used it, they were running through the alley, trying peoples back doors, got mine, ran through the house opening every door I had in it, then back out as fast as possible after not finding anything they wanted - they certainly passed a number of valuable items. But since we don't own a TV or entertainment center it appears to be a house with nothing of value. Well, except the very new looking 400$ bicycle they also passed a number of times.

The wife is, naturally, freaked out and worried they'll be back. Me? Meh. even if something was missing I either a) don't know yet or B) don't care about it.

I think I just got a complete moron.

Damn bureaucrat. Go to the bank with some papers to show I've got Power of Attorney for my mom's finances. Since I'm now paying her bills and such, I needed to get added onto one of her accounts.

"Well, we need a paper signed by her and where we can reach her if she can't come here."

The guy obviously doesn't know what Power of Attorney is, but my mom is capable of signing, etc... Just bed ridden. So I get all that done.

Get back to the bank.

"Ok, now we need two forms of ID and a proof of residency."

My debit card doesn't count as a second for him. My passport is in a different state. And of course, I don't live in this state. So now he's saying I can't do that because of that. (And the fact that my hand print opens the safe deposit box doesn't count as ID either...)

Screw it. had my mom write me a check and I went over to Citibank and opened an account.

Damn bureaucrat. Go to the bank with some papers to show I've got Power of Attorney for my mom's finances. Since I'm now paying her bills and such, I needed to get added onto one of her accounts.

"Well, we need a paper signed by her and where we can reach her if she can't come here."

The guy obviously doesn't know what Power of Attorney is, but my mom is capable of signing, etc... Just bed ridden. So I get all that done.

Get back to the bank.

My debit card doesn't count as a second for him. My passport is in a different state. And of course, I don't live in this state. So now he's saying I can't do that because of that. (And the fact that my hand print opens the safe deposit box doesn't count as ID either...)

Screw it. had my mom write me a check and I went over to Citibank and opened an account.

Ug. That blows monkeys.

On a related note, Keri is starting the process to get her name officially changed today. Should be seeing both the nice people at Social Security and the DMV. After that it is just a matter of getting things like her bank accounts changed, etc.

I'm somewhat surprised that it took less than a month after the ceremony to get our certified copy of the wedding license. Which is needed before any of the other name-changing stuff can get done. Hopefully the process will be more appropriatly talked about in a different thread...

Get back to the bank.

Debit card didn't count? Why not? Was it current?

Who was the the Bank of St. Idiot?

(Cause I was sure that was us :D and we'd have taken it. We'd also have had you the Attorney In Fact sign an affidavit that you understood you were acting on her behalf and that the bank would not be liable if you stole from your mother but we'd sure as heck help with the investigation)

Ug. That blows monkeys.

On a related note, Keri is starting the process to get her name officially changed today. Should be seeing both the nice people at Social Security and the DMV. After that it is just a matter of getting things like her bank accounts changed, etc.

I'm somewhat surprised that it took less than a month after the ceremony to get our certified copy of the wedding license. Which is needed before any of the other name-changing stuff can get done. Hopefully the process will be more appropriatly talked about in a different thread...

If you came and saw me (and her accounts were with my bank) it'd take anywhere from 5 minutes to two weeks. (if we have to mail signature cards to other signers it can take a while)

If you came and saw me (and her accounts were with my bank) it'd take anywhere from 5 minutes to two weeks. (if we have to mail signature cards to other signers it can take a while)

She is the only one on any of her accounts. She has been banking there for years, and the people know her. I'm more worried about the SSA and DMV being putz' about it, though my few interactions with the CA DMV have been pretty positive. I haven't had much to do with SSA in decades. :)

She is the only one on any of her accounts. She has been banking there for years' date=' and the people know her. I'm more worried about the SSA and DMV being putz' about it, though my few interactions with the CA DMV have been pretty positive. I haven't had much to do with SSA in decades. :)[/quote']

Good.

I hate it when people have bad banking experiences.

I really do.

Unless it was them who caused it.

Debit card didn't count? Why not? Was it current?

Who was the the Bank of St. Idiot?

(Cause I was sure that was us :D and we'd have taken it. We'd also have had you the Attorney In Fact sign an affidavit that you understood you were acting on her behalf and that the bank would not be liable if you stole from your mother but we'd sure as heck help with the investigation)

See. That's what I was expecting. I'm happier at a different bank anyway. I don't have to deal with the guy now. The guys at Citibank are much nicer than the drone at Nevada State. I'm sure it had something to do with it being a State Bank, but if he had just told me up front, I wouldn't of wasted time. (Oh the debit card didn't count because it wasn't one of theirs. Can you say Catch 22?)

Thankfully, it's a small portion of what needs to be done and I'll be able to just move everything at once when it comes time to do so.

"Why are you closing all the accounts and moving them Sir?"

"Because your manager is an idiotic donkey's rear. Next question."

See. That's what I was expecting. I'm happier at a different bank anyway. I don't have to deal with the guy now. The guys at Citibank are much nicer than the drone at Nevada State. I'm sure it had something to do with it being a State Bank, but if he had just told me up front, I wouldn't of wasted time. (Oh the debit card didn't count because it wasn't one of theirs. Can you say Catch 22?)

Thankfully, it's a small portion of what needs to be done and I'll be able to just move everything at once when it comes time to do so.

So how do they open accounts? The Patriot Act requires two pieces of ID, if they don't use other banks debit cards...That is dumb.

And oh yeah' date=' my house was broken into Saturday afternoon.[/quote']

Yeah, that definitely counts as a Bad Weekend. Sorry to hear about all of it (the above post, plus this one).

On behalf of the Next Poor Schmo who tries to deal with them, please let the old bank know exactly why they just lost your business, and how accomodating their competitor was. You don't have to get in the guy's face (unless you want to), but let them know there are consequences for being such a schmuck. :thumbup:

Yeah, that definitely counts as a Bad Weekend. Sorry to hear about all of it (the above post, plus this one).

On behalf of the Next Poor Schmo who tries to deal with them, please let the old bank know exactly why they just lost your business, and how accomodating their competitor was. You don't have to get in the guy's face (unless you want to), but let them know there are consequences for being such a schmuck. :thumbup:

Just wait until the money has been safely moved out. :D

They should give you a free parting gift just for improving their stupidity based customer service policy.

Still, sorry you had to go through that crap, lemming.