The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

If you Frell with prescription wake-up drugs from your Doctor, they will most definitely frell with you. :help::idjit:

Ever try to wrap gifts with shaking hands on a too - small table while being watched ??? and trying to be cheerful and friendly when you have a horrible case of Stage fright ? That drug makes my mouth so dry I can barely speak, but must just sip my ice tea to avoid as many dashes to the Loo as possible. God, I hate being nervous, thirsty, hungry and listening to paranoid thoughts run around in my head.

I'm back in there the next 4 days. Tomorrow can only go up.

Something was stolen. A necklace. Only 1 as far as we can tell.

The itching in the back of my mind, that's the "Specifically targetted Paranoia" itch.

I am angry beyond belief.

A single necklace. Hmm. If it wasn't out, that sounds like someone that not only knows you, but has been in the house before.

That's ALL they took? You might have some grounds for paranoia' date=' then. Have you reported that factoid to the police?[/quote']

A single necklace. Hmm. If it wasn't out' date=' that sounds like someone that not only knows you, but has been in the house before.[/quote']

Police: in the process, wife is going to double check for a) the necklace and B) other missing items.

Paraoia: Well, they either spent a bit of time searching (all the interior doors were open) or knew where it was and opened the doors to make us think something else.

But yeah, my mind is currently going "Yeah, they passed up literally thousands of dollars of junk for that one thing. They came for it, and it alone. Hunt down ex-friends."

Wait, I just heard that Congress currently works a three day work week.

Do they work 12 hour days?

The incoming Majority leader is pressing a 5 day work week.

Someone is fighting it saying it's bad for families to have someone work more than three days.

WTF? !??!

Someone is fighting it saying it's bad for families to have someone work more than three days.

WTF? !??!

I'm sure it is better for families to have everything paid for by others.

WTF? !??!

To be fair to our elected representatives -- if only for the sheer novelty of it :) -- just because they're only in session 3 days a week doesn't mean that's all they work. I've known a few Congressional staffers and the like, and most Senators/Congressmen work 16-hour days, 7 days a week. It's just that the majority of that time is fundraising, gladhanding, meeting constituents, flying back and forth between DC and home...etc.

Do I wish they spent more time doing their primary jobs and less of the other BS? Absolutely. But still.

Actually, she found the necklace. That'll learn to her to clean up. Yeesh.

Now we're back to weird moron running through the house opening doors. Sigh.

Funeral for our friends son on Saturday.

Can this week fing END now. please.

Whew. Well, I'm glad it wasn't a targeted thing, anyway, and I hope they find the random weirdo.

I'm inclined to agree, but, um, someone needs a reality slap. Most of us can't survive on the kind of salary we'd get from working less than half the week.

WTF, indeed.

To be fair to our elected representatives -- if only for the sheer novelty of it :) -- just because they're only in session 3 days a week doesn't mean that's all they work. I've known a few Congressional staffers and the like, and most Senators/Congressmen work 16-hour days, 7 days a week. It's just that the majority of that time is fundraising, gladhanding, meeting constituents, flying back and forth between DC and home...etc.

Do I wish they spent more time doing their primary jobs and less of the other BS? Absolutely. But still.

Yeah, but at the very least fundraising and gladhanding aren't part of their job. They may be what is required for them to keep their job, but it isn't what they are being paid to do.

Though also in their support, I think the theory is that they get to travel on Friday to get back home to their family for the weekend, and then travel again on Monday to get back to DC for the week.

Of course! Actually, that makes me feel better. How short sighted of me.