The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Ok. Sorry, T storms kept me from things for a bit. Just a heads up. Full story?

Place where my grandma stays (only a few miles from my mom and dad's house) got some blood work results back from my grandma and were a bit alarmed. They called the family, got permission to take her to the hospital.. and it would appear to be dehydration. She'll be fine they think. She'll be at the hospital for two days or so at most.

SOOOO... it appears I was worrying myself over very little. Whew.

Meanwhile, one of my friends is getting a screw out of his foot tomorrow. I may play fetch for him. But that's not a cranky thing, it's a good thing as he'll be happy to finish the healing process at last.

The signal to noise ratio seems to be a bit lower than usual lately.

I mean everywhere, not here. No matter where I go, I'm hearing total BS, and the urge to kick someone in the nards grows steadily stronger.

Also, my car needs new struts sometime real soon now. This isn't terribly surprising as it's 11 years old and they've never been replaced, but the timing is terrible. I should be saving up for GenCon over the next two months, not sinking $800 into my ride. It's a conundrum, though, because if I don't get this done, driving to GenCon at all could be hazardous or downright impossible. But once I spend the money on repairs, will there be enough left for the convention?

I see overtime in my future. In 100 degree weather. Ugh.

Just got woken up out of a moderately sound sleep by stomach cramps. Got up, was fortunate enough to be in a dwell cycle on my dialysis machine, so I could disconnect myself and get to the bathroom in time to throw up. Stomach seems to be fine now (and I took some medicine), but I'm going to stay awake and disconnected for a bit just in case I have to do that again.

The signal to noise ratio seems to be a bit lower than usual lately.

I mean everywhere, not here. No matter where I go, I'm hearing total BS, and the urge to kick someone in the nards grows steadily stronger.

Also, my car needs new struts sometime real soon now. This isn't terribly surprising as it's 11 years old and they've never been replaced, but the timing is terrible. I should be saving up for GenCon over the next two months, not sinking $800 into my ride. It's a conundrum, though, because if I don't get this done, driving to GenCon at all could be hazardous or downright impossible. But once I spend the money on repairs, will there be enough left for the convention?

I see overtime in my future. In 100 degree weather. Ugh.

could you car-pool with someone else?

Ok. Sorry, T storms kept me from things for a bit. Just a heads up. Full story?

Place where my grandma stays (only a few miles from my mom and dad's house) got some blood work results back from my grandma and were a bit alarmed. They called the family, got permission to take her to the hospital.. and it would appear to be dehydration. She'll be fine they think. She'll be at the hospital for two days or so at most.

SOOOO... it appears I was worrying myself over very little. Whew.

Meanwhile, one of my friends is getting a screw out of his foot tomorrow. I may play fetch for him. But that's not a cranky thing, it's a good thing as he'll be happy to finish the healing process at last.

Glad to hear it was very little...but as you said, even very little can be a lot for someone in their 90s.

Workl is annoying, got into teaching because I wanted to HELP kids, not rush them through a program so that my boss's boss's boss;s boss can look good

I am a jerk for not being able to forgive the faults in my family

AND I CAN'T FIND MY %^&*%* Remote

So, I brought my car in to the mechanic for them to change the oil, replace the intake gasket, and possibly replace the brakes. I ask the person checking in the car if it will take longer than two hours, and if it does, I'll just call home for a ride, and come back. No, he assures me, it shouldn't take that long.

Two hours later, I track him down, and ask him why my car's still parked where I left it. He apologizes, and says he'll look into the situation. Another employee comes over to me to ask if I'd been helped, and I explain that another employee is checking on it for me. She then asks if I had an appointment, and I said no. She then explains that I could have arranged an appointment and dropped off the vehicle if I didn't want to wait. I then calmly explain that I had been patiently waiting for the two hours that the first person assured me would be required, and since the car hasn't been touched, he's checking on the reason why. She uses this a her exit excuse.

The first employee comes back and explains that there was a problem with the truck that was ahead of me. I then ask him for an estimated time of completion, and he says that they should get to my vehicle soon. I ask again, how soon will it be completed, and ask if I should wait. He assures me that it should be soon and that I could wait. When pressed, he says that the car may be ready tomorrow. I ask him if he has a place for me to sleep, or if he thinks that it would have been better to have told me that two hours before. He apologizes yet again, takes blame*, and does say that it might be a good idea to call for my ride.

JoeG

*My guess is that it's a requirement of their customer service policy.

I counted the number of pills, prescription and over the counter, that I will have taken by bedtime tonight and came up with sixteen.

What are the cumulative effects and side effects and what are they doing to my poor, sensitive body and brain ?

What have they and others been doing for the past twenty-six years ? And those other years in my childhood ?

Next question.

When pressed, he says that the car may be ready tomorrow. I ask him if he has a place for me to sleep, or if he thinks that it would have been better to have told me that two hours before. He apologizes yet again, takes blame*, and does say that it might be a good idea to call for my ride.

Gives a new definition to the old term "Motor Hotel"

So a low rent mother with anger management issues accuses me of 'looking at her' in the supermarket. When I in turn retaliate by saying she is paranoid' date=' apparantly I am on drugs.[/quote']

I've run into a woman like that "Please stop looking at me." I didn't know how to politely say "Lady, I didn't even know you were in the room."

So, I brought my car in to the mechanic for them to change the oil, replace the intake gasket, and possibly replace the brakes. I ask the person checking in the car if it will take longer than two hours, and if it does, I'll just call home for a ride, and come back. No, he assures me, it shouldn't take that long.

JoeG

*My guess is that it's a requirement of their customer service policy.

Hope their repairs are as good their run-around routine!

I'm no expert on this stuff, but if anyone told me they could do all that work in two hours or less, I'd most likely take my car to a different mechanic.

So a low rent mother with anger management issues accuses me of 'looking at her' in the supermarket. When I in turn retaliate by saying she is paranoid' date=' apparantly I am on drugs.[/quote']

I meet lots of people like that. Most of them are the ones staring at me.

If someone elbows you for no reason, it's okay to elbow them back, right?