The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

It wasn't my turn and I think that was the issue for a lot of people - you're only supposed to go once a day in that thread. Also' date=' sometimes you just have to allow a little more time to go by.[/quote']

Crud. I broke the law...

but I won...*sings* I broke the law and.. I won.

I'm a rebel.

Gee, it's a balmy 72 degrees here in Phoenix, with a low tonight of 45. If the weather stays like this the next few days, I can indulge in one of my favorite Christmas day pastimes.

Calling my friends and family back home on the East Coast and saying, "Yeah, it's a gorgeous day out here, we're all sitting outside by the pool in t-shirts and jeans, enjoying the sun," knowing full well they're probably buried under six feet of snow and a wind chill factor of -30.

:D

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I shake my fist with silent impotent rage at you. I can't even enjoy it with passion since, as I said earlier, my testicles are hiding from the cold near my lungs.

;)

I have a friend that lives in Arizona and after previously living in Jersey, I'm sure he is a very content camper right about now.

I shake my fist with silent impotent rage at you. I can't even enjoy it with passion since, as I said earlier, my testicles are hiding from the cold near my lungs.

;)

I have a friend that lives in Arizona and after previously living in Jersey, I'm sure he is a very content camper right about now.

Why's he camping, homeless?

:D

;)

Used to live in NJ/NYC before moving to AZ twelve years ago. And while I very much miss the snow (and I still look around here thinking, "It's flat, it's hot, and it's brown... this is not natural"), being able to sleep with the windows open in the middle of December is SO nice.

Okay: mental note. Do a quick weather spell for Prod out in Maryland... even if I can't warm it up, I can at least keep it from raining. I think.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Snow is OK, as long as it's no more than 3 inches of snow. And that's inches, not feet. Here in Maryland it's usually bitter cold all through December and January, then in February we get a whole winter's worth of snow. Overnight.

Doc

Ya know, the missus kept insisting that the "One monster blizzard a season" thing was an anomaly, but after seeing it two years running I was starting to have my doubts. She wooed me to Maryland with tales of balmy winters sipping Pina Coladas by the pool. For pete's sake, I lived in Atlanta for a couple of years, you'd think I would have realized the flaw in this logic....

Michelle/Samuraiko: Much obliged, I'll take what I can get with the weather. I moved down here from Brooklyn a couple of years ago. It's weird, but I swear that NY had harsher extremes, but longer periods of "Same old/same old" during Fall/Spring.

Ya know, the missus kept insisting that the "One monster blizzard a season" thing was an anomaly, but after seeing it two years running I was starting to have my doubts. She wooed me to Maryland with tales of balmy winters sipping Pina Coladas by the pool. For pete's sake, I lived in Atlanta for a couple of years, you'd think I would have realized the flaw in this logic....

Michelle/Samuraiko: Much obliged, I'll take what I can get with the weather. I moved down here from Brooklyn a couple of years ago. It's weird, but I swear that NY had harsher extremes, but longer periods of "Same old/same old" during Fall/Spring.

You're welcome.

If you want to be sipping Pina Coladas by the pool, you're invited to come visit me and hubby here in Phoenix.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Ya know' date=' the missus kept insisting that the "One monster blizzard a season" thing was an anomaly, but after seeing it two years running I was starting to have my doubts. She wooed me to Maryland with tales of balmy winters sipping Pina Coladas by the pool. For pete's sake, I lived in Atlanta for a couple of years, you'd think I would have realized the flaw in this logic....[/quote']

Actually, Maryland has that too. The week before the 3 foot snowfall, we'll have high temperatures in the 80's. And the week after, too. Of course, everything will freeze at night.

Did she mention the fun of going to visit a friend in the afternoon wearing a Tshirt and shorts because it was 85 degrees, only to find yourself coming home at 10 PM in 25 degree temperatures? While it's snowing?

Welcome to Maryland!

Doc

Guest Skaramine

Last night I was up until 4AM... I promised myself tonight I'd go to bed earlier... and I'm up 15 minutes after I promised myself sleep...

I'm an addict.

Last night I was up until 4AM... I promised myself tonight I'd go to bed earlier... and I'm up 15 minutes after I promised myself sleep...

I'm an addict.

Dood, it's 3:33 and I goota go shopping tomorrow before work, meaning even if I go to bed RIGHT NOW, I'm only gonna get five hours sleep. :fear::angst:- that's what I'm gonna look like tomorrow, thank god no one can see you over the phone...