The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

The problem is' date=' I can't remember most of the time. Mainly because the shock of falling over something when I get up is so strong that it jostles it right out of my head. And the dreams have been getting weirder. People I haven't thought about in YEARS are showing up there. One recurrent theme is seeing how alternate timelines of my life would have played out (that's not what gives me nightmares, though). But whatever it is, almost every single time, when I wake up, I am practically lunging off the bed to get away from something.[/quote']

I have a theory that when you dream about someone you haven't seen in so long it's because your brain has to play back unused information before deleting it.

Don't know what trips the chase dreams though. Those don't scare me so much--often in my dreams I turn the tables on my pursuers, usually with the help of my Pump-Action Dream Shotgun , and then awaken with a nice adrenaline rush. It's the twisted dreams that keep me awake at night, wondering what the hell is going on in my subconscious.

Anyway, my other theory is that you aren't going to get past whatever's waking you up if you stay up every time it happens. You need to get back in there and confront whatever it is. Not that I have any idea what I'm talking about, of course. However, I'll let you borrow my Pump-Action Dream Shotgun . Hey, it can't hurt.

I am getting tired and desperately want to sleep, but for the last several nights, I have woken up nearly screaming from nightmares. Nearly every night, I jerk awake shaking, then after falling out of bed in a mad dash to get away, tripping over stuff on the floor, and stumbling down the hallway toward John sleeping in the living room, I spend a good hour sitting on the loveseat near him staring at my bedroom afraid to go back inside and go to sleep.

It's gotten to where I push myself until 3 in the morning in the hopes of being so exhausted that I won't dream.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Just throwing an idea into the ether, have you considered writing your dreams down?

Or considered poety? ;)

Guest Skaramine

Well' date=' I got to dream about my grandfather, who has been dead for 5 years, lay in a hospital bed and have stroke after stroke all evening long and there was nothing I could do about it. I watched his pain and was helpless...[/quote']

Okay... that one I can't handle.

My sympathy.

Have you tried PBEM?

Yes, I had a character accepted, but the game never happened. I've considered trying to get into a game at HERO Central, but 2 things are stopping me. One is that I don't necessarily have enough confidence in my writing skills. The other is that I've looked for some type of writeup on form, etiquette, etc. on PBEM. I'd like some kind of guideline or outline on how the whole thing works. I don't want to go in with a bunch of veterans, and then stumble and fall on my face. If anyone can direct me to something like this, I'd appreciate it.

Okay. I stop posting to the Mackbolan.com message board because this anal twit starts insulting religious folks who follow their faith and morality to SAVE lives in Indonesia, Thailand and India, saying they're intolerant racists, spreading the word of George W. Bush. I call him an asshole, and several other choice words, and I become the villain.

Then, a month later, this freaking nitwit whines "aww, the board kind of is dying. I can't guess why, even though I've finally driven the last author off of this message board. I'll post movie and TV trivia questions to revive it."

God... why do you not give me a sniper rifle?

We used to have tha brand of moron on the board I help moderate. I kept a close eye on him, editing his posts for the slightest infractions and hanging out in the chat room to keep him in line, until the owner finally banned him. When the guy came back, he pulled the same crap again, and was immediately banned.

The strange part of this is, he doesn't think he did anything wrong, and acts like I'm his friend whenever he does communicate with me.

Blatant jerk I can deal with. Idiotic loser I have less experience with. So I pretty much just ignore him and hope he'll go away.

I am getting tired and desperately want to sleep, but for the last several nights, I have woken up nearly screaming from nightmares. Nearly every night, I jerk awake shaking, then after falling out of bed in a mad dash to get away, tripping over stuff on the floor, and stumbling down the hallway toward John sleeping in the living room, I spend a good hour sitting on the loveseat near him staring at my bedroom afraid to go back inside and go to sleep.

It's gotten to where I push myself until 3 in the morning in the hopes of being so exhausted that I won't dream.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

You have my sympathy. This kind of thing makes me happy that I haven't been able to remember any of my dreams since I was a kid. Used to wake up with night terrors 3 or 4 times a week. Finally they pissed me off enough, and I just stopped having them, and stopped remembering any of my dreams. Been much happier since then.

I have a theory that when you dream about someone you haven't seen in so long it's because your brain has to play back unused information before deleting it.

Don't know what trips the chase dreams though. Those don't scare me so much--often in my dreams I turn the tables on my pursuers, usually with the help of my Pump-Action Dream Shotgun , and then awaken with a nice adrenaline rush. It's the twisted dreams that keep me awake at night, wondering what the hell is going on in my subconscious.

Anyway, my other theory is that you aren't going to get past whatever's waking you up if you stay up every time it happens. You need to get back in there and confront whatever it is. Not that I have any idea what I'm talking about, of course. However, I'll let you borrow my Pump-Action Dream Shotgun . Hey, it can't hurt.

Interesting theory. And while I appreciate the offering of the shotgun...

*reaches behind the front door to pull out a katana*

In the famous words of Danny Glover in Silverado, "This oughta do."

Just throwing an idea into the ether, have you considered writing your dreams down?

Or considered poetry? ;)

I wrote two poems in my life about my dreams. Both are so graphic and disturbing that they freak the hell out of most people. I doubt the administrators of the NGD would be too happy about me posting them on a forum with no age limit.

You have my sympathy. This kind of thing makes me happy that I haven't been able to remember any of my dreams since I was a kid. Used to wake up with night terrors 3 or 4 times a week. Finally they pissed me off enough' date=' and I just stopped having them, and stopped remembering any of my dreams. Been much happier since then.[/quote']

I just wish I knew why it's happening NOW. Nothing's really changed in my life recently (still unemployed although that will hopefully be changing by the end of next week, a few leads are starting to come back to me).

*sigh*

On the bright side, I went to bed at about 12:30 last night, and I seem to have slept the night through (and also slept through John leaving this morning, a bit strange).

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I wrote two poems in my life about my dreams. Both are so graphic and disturbing that they freak the hell out of most people. I doubt the administrators of the NGD would be too happy about me posting them on a forum with no age limit.
You could post them to nongamingdiscussions.com (Centrals spoof NGD)?

Interesting theory. And while I appreciate the offering of the shotgun...

*reaches behind the front door to pull out a katana*

In the famous words of Danny Glover in Silverado, "This oughta do."

My alltime fav western. Not that I really like that many of them...

I figure I've got a basket hilted claymore, a couple of kukri, SCA swords, and two handguns (1 auto and one revolver). I should pretty much be set for anything, weapon-wise...

:)

If you are interested in sharing, I'd be interested in reading them. Feel free to PM me should you so desire.

I just wish I knew why it's happening NOW. Nothing's really changed in my life recently (still unemployed although that will hopefully be changing by the end of next week, a few leads are starting to come back to me).

*sigh*

On the bright side, I went to bed at about 12:30 last night, and I seem to have slept the night through (and also slept through John leaving this morning, a bit strange).

Best of luck on the job search. I can't think of anything I dislike more than being unemployed and looking for a job.

And congrats on sleeping through the night. With any luck your brain is done with whatever gristle it has been gnawing on recently...

Today I posted my resume on Jobing.com and sent out about 8 or 9 resumes for different jobs, then tomorrow I'll do the same thing, and pretty much keep sending stuff out til the phone starts to ring. With any luck, I'll have an interview or three by the end of the week.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Skaramine

I wrote two poems in my life about my dreams. Both are so graphic and disturbing that they freak the hell out of most people. I doubt the administrators of the NGD would be too happy about me posting them on a forum with no age limit.QUOTE]

PM or e-mail them to me?

Guest Skaramine

Blatant jerk I can deal with. Idiotic loser I have less experience with. So I pretty much just ignore him and hope he'll go away.

Thanks for the sympathy, Alice. :hail:

I figure I've got a basket hilted claymore' date=' a couple of kukri, SCA swords, and two handguns (1 auto and one revolver). I should pretty much be set for anything, weapon-wise...[/quote']

Is that it? My Dream Arsenalâ„¢ includes things like dual MAC-10s, various AR-15/M-4 carbines, M-60 machine guns, .50 caliber sniper rifles, man-portable surface-to-air missiles, and claws. I rarely use swords.

I figure I wind up with the Pump-Action Dream Shotgunâ„¢ so often because it is the most obviously phallic weapon of the lot, and Freud was on to something.

Guest Skaramine

Of late, my dream arsenal has grown. Normally it's Berettas or revolvers, but last week I had the "lightning rail rifles" from John Ringo's series, the Warthog with chaingun from Halo, and just two nights ago, I added an AK-47 to my asenal.

And, nothing takes out zombies like a length of rebar swung with unhuman strength.

Is that it? My Dream Arsenalâ„¢ includes things like dual MAC-10s, various AR-15/M-4 carbines, M-60 machine guns, .50 caliber sniper rifles, man-portable surface-to-air missiles, and claws. I rarely use swords.

I figure I wind up with the Pump-Action Dream Shotgunâ„¢ so often because it is the most obviously phallic weapon of the lot, and Freud was on to something.

Uh, no. I was actually talking about stuff I really have.

I don't remember my dreams, so I don't know WHAT I use there. :D

roar!!!!!!!

What are YOU bitching about?

And is this election almost over? Is this going to happen every year? Are there actually any undecideds? Because I've made up MY mind already. Can we just quit with the campaigning and ads and everything now?

I mean, it's bad enough we JUST went through this in real life.

And won't these people just leave me alone?

Oh yeah. They're my co-workers. *sigh*

What are YOU bitching about?

And is this election almost over? Is this going to happen every year? Are there actually any undecideds? Because I've made up MY mind already. Can we just quit with the campaigning and ads and everything now?

I mean, it's bad enough we JUST went through this in real life.

And won't these people just leave me alone?

Oh yeah. They're my co-workers. *sigh*

I want to bite into some of these customers and employees and rip out huge chunks of their flesh...