Press Nickname

Super Squirrel

Okay, one of my players has a character who is 19 year old girl who looks 13 in actual age. She wants to have Secret ID but has yet to come up with a name yet. The press has been assured that she is, infact, 19. She has a press released photograph of her in costume (not yet designed).

Knowing only this tiny bit of information, what nickname would you think the press would give her?

Powers and appearance would be the two biggies, but in their absence:

The Girl Scout (I have enough trouble resisting the cookies as it is...)

The Grrrl Scout

New Kid in Town

Coed Supreme - or Kid Supreme

Ms. Tery (Mystery, get it? Actually, there was a comic by this name long ago)

Prima Donna (means 'first lady')

The Babysitter from Hell

Generation Z

Little Miss Muscles

Got in a tussle

Beating up ninjas in spades

Along came a hero

Who mistook her for a zero

But look who saved the day (more like an editorial cartoon)

Ninja-Whackin' Power-Packin' Mama

The (Pre- ) Teen Titan (I think this was a comic somewhere, too :D )

Got a little silly there, but that's all I could think of.

Originally posted by Uncle Shecky

"Jailbait" was my first thought too. The media knows she's actually 19, but I could imagine a newspaper running her picture with the headline "JAILBAIT?"

So it's technically incorrect, but I think it would stick.

And that's all it takes to get the media stuck on something.

As a rule, the media love a) Aliteration (The repetition of sounds like Teen Terror), and B) adopting pop-culture references (like "Girl Wonder"), and c) something demeaning to the individual like "Lawdog Lolita" or "Guardian Gidget".*

*= Before I'm asked who the heck Gidget is, it's an old TV series about a teenage girl (Played by someone in their twenties), and YES it was befoe my time too.

Originally posted by Blue

As a rule, the media love a) Aliteration (The repetition of sounds like Teen Terror), and B) adopting pop-culture references (like "Girl Wonder"), and c) something demeaning to the individual like "Lawdog Lolita" or "Guardian Gidget".*

*= Before I'm asked who the heck Gidget is, it's an old TV series about a teenage girl (Played by someone in their twenties), and YES it was befoe my time too.

That someone was Sally Field....and, yes, it was before my time too. :)

Doc

Originally posted by Blue

Lord knows the press can be cruel when they assign names. In one game I was in, we had a tiny lady brick named "Dynamo" who was good in a fight, only she had a nasty temper and had a rep for being a tad brutal. Plus on of her disads was Unluck with regards to the press. As her most frequently heard battle-cry was 'I'm 'onna THUMP you!" she got stuck with the nick-name "Thumper."

Heck, even we started calling her that ;)

Originally posted by Dr. Rune

That someone was Sally Field....and, yes, it was before my time too. :)

Doc

'Twas in the movies first (without ms. Fields), sixties surfing stuff. Supposedly based on the writer's teen daughter getting that nickname when she was learning to surf, a contraction of girl and midget (she was short); Big Kahuna on meeting her "Look, a girl midget, a Gidget!" (Oh, God, am I ollld!).