Mystic World cover

bobrunnicles

Re: Mystic World cover

I can certainly wait on this book -- it's the only magic-based book that I can see having even remote applicability to my games (especially my TE game), since I'm not really excited anyway about mystic elements in my stories, nor frankly in anything written by Dean Shomshak (for reasons I won't go into here). The Ultimate Mystic may become the only Ultimate book I take a pass on altogether, and I figure AA to be at the very bottom of my priorities list for Hero books to buy.

On the other hand, I agree completely regarding the cover for TMW. Tyrannon never looked so frightening. This gets an A+ from me!

Does anyone else think it's funny that the Champion described as being "Shy, Introverted, Preferring to remain in the background" and with a underconfident Psy Lim is the one running around in a short-yet billowing skirt and a plunging neckline?

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but between this and her cameo in Galactic Champions it's starting to look like Bethany shares her sister's sense of modesty.

I can certainly wait on this book -- it's the only magic-based book that I can see having even remote applicability to my games (especially my TE game)' date=' since I'm not really excited anyway about mystic elements in my stories, nor frankly in anything written by Dean Shomshak (for reasons I won't go into here). [i']The Ultimate Mystic[/i] may become the only Ultimate book I take a pass on altogether, and I figure AA to be at the very bottom of my priorities list for Hero books to buy.

On the other hand, I agree completely regarding the cover for TMW. Tyrannon never looked so frightening. This gets an A+ from me!

I wasn't a big fan of the approach in USM. I'm much more interested in a comic book approach to magic than what was presented in much of the USM.

And we LOVE the way he thinks ;):D

I'm certain the guys do ... but what about your female fans? How about some beefcake illos for us?

... Wait a minute, I've got 4th edition VIPER, and whats-his-name from Viper-Force who fights in a speedo was one of the ugliest pictures in the book.

How about some good beefcake illos for us?) :)

I'm certain the guys do ... but what about your female fans? How about some beefcake illos for us?

Female gamers are such a tiny minority that they're considered all but legendary, and since fine companies like Avalanche Press have proven that a cover with a scantily-dressed babe will sell books even if it has nothing to do with the contents, it behooves companies to take note of the "will probably never touch a willing living female in their lives" demographic that seems to comprise so very many gamers--

A technician walks in and opens a panel on Brandi's back. "Ayup, I see the problem here: someone set this poster to 'sarcastic'."

Female gamers are such a tiny minority that they're considered all but legendary

Actually, using the WOTC market research data from about four years ago -- the closest we have to anything valid, for all its flaws -- would indicate that about 20% of gamers are female. Fortunately they're not a legendarily tiny minority, minority though they may be. ;)

As for beefcake-y pictures, I refer Koshka to TUB generally, which IIRC has more than a few of 'em. ;)

Does anyone else think it's funny that the Champion described as being "Shy, Introverted, Preferring to remain in the background" and with a underconfident Psy Lim is the one running around in a short-yet billowing skirt and a plunging neckline?

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but between this and her cameo in Galactic Champions it's starting to look like Bethany shares her sister's sense of modesty.

Darn it, I don't have GC yet (Hope to get it tonight though), and I know Steve has already explained why we're seeing ah, more of Witchcraft :) but I have my own theories on why Witchcraft might be thus adorned.

Theory 1: Sapphire considers herself the team's unofficial fashion coordinator, and while the others resist, she finds she can bully... uhm, suggest to her friend to try out things more daring. Perhaps she sees it as a way to boost Bethany's self confidence.

Theory 2: It HAS been awhile, maybe Witchcraft bought off that underconfident Psych limitation. According to the write up, that was one of the first priorities the character had. Heck, for all we know, it has been replaced with the new Psychological limitation : "Knows she is the magical shiznit!" :D

Theory 3: It's frelling hot in that dimension depicted on the cover, and Witchcraft, used to the cooler temps of MC, is just being practical. Besides, it's not like she knows that just beyond the fourthwall, a bunch of fan boys are going "Yowza!"

I'm sure she'd be mortified if she did a She-Hulk and saw past the 4th wall

As for beefcake-y pictures, I refer Koshka to TUB generally, which IIRC has more than a few of 'em. ;)

Now that's service -- a staff member with no interest in beefcake providing a pointer on where to find it ;) .

Alas, local store copies of TUB seem to have been sold out by the time I got my paycheck. However, there's a new store in town (it hasn't even had it's official Grand Opening yet), this sounds like a good time to test their "if we forget to place your special order, it's free" guarantee.

Actually' date=' using the WOTC market research data from about four years ago -- the closest we have to anything valid, for all its flaws -- would indicate that about 20% of gamers are female. Fortunately they're not a legendarily tiny minority, minority though they may be. ;)[/quote']

"We'd like a geographical breakdown before that figure makes us happy."

- England