Weakest Supers in books you've read?

ch0wyunf47

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Weakest Supers in books you've read?

I started a thread where you "fix" these chracters, btw.

I have a soft spot in my heart for so many of the "Comedy Relief" Characters from Marvel

(Great Lakes Avengers, Frogman, Captain Ultra, the White Rabbit, Squrril Girl, Goodey Two-Shoes, heck Demolition Man...)

Never really saw too much of the Inferior Five or Legion of Substitute Heroes, through...

Well, he is said to be a good acrobat and hand to hand fighter. But yeah, dying is what he does best.

- and don't forget, when he wakes up he's berserk until Dinah Soar can calm him with her song.

Mr Immortal was the best. I dont think the ability to come back from death is "lame" by any means.

The GLA were goofy, but suprisingly effective.

How frightening of potential does Doorman have? They guy is a door to the darkforce dimension!

Hes a weaker Cloak basically, but what I liked about the GLA is that yeah, they collectively had weak powers, but they worked as a team, and I mean really worked as a team and made their limited abilities matter.

That was the real contrast, since the Avengers, particularly the WCA, were always so individualistic and many were off on their own little Ego trips at any given time. A collection of "star players" and not a team.

Ofcourse!

You asked...

EXCEL

Val CHA Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100 kg; 2d6 HTH Damage

14 DEX 0 11- OCV: 3 / DCV: 3

16 CON 0 11-

10 BODY 0 11-

5 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

8 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

14 COM 0 11-

5 PD 0 Total: PD ( rPD)

5 ED 0 Total: ED ( rED)

3 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

4 REC 0

20 END 0

20 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 0

Movement: Running: 6" / 12"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Cost Powers & Skills

Martial Arts:

Maneuver OCV DCV Damage

ACROSS Issued Equipment:

maybe a gadget pool/ for all the crap she gets from Across?

12:27:39

That makes sense... Plot devices like the sonic wave device, the robot bomb and such... note that she's entrusted with them, not Hyatt.

12:28:01

Of course, she can't control how it changes at all.

Lord Ilpalazzo Is Counting On Me!: +X STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Limited Concious Control (-1)

Lord Ilpalazzo Can't Be Kept Waiting!: Running +x", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Limited Concious Control (-1)

Perks:

1 Membership: Across

Talents:

Skills:

What Lord Ilpalazzo Says Goes!: +2 Overall Levels; Limited Concious Control (-1)

0 AK: Home Area 8-

0 Climbing 8-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Language: Japanese (native)

0 Paramedic 8-

0 Shadowing 8-

0 Stealth 8-

0 TF: Bicycle

WF: Small Arms, Blades

3 Jack-of-All Trades

1 PS: Baseball Pitcher 11-

4 PS: Janitor (Toilet Cleaning) 14-

1 PS: Office Lady 11-

1 PS: Sales Girl 11-

1 PS: Teacher 11-

Total Powers & Skills Cost

Total Character Cost

XXX+ Disadvantages

Accidental Change:

Dependence:

Distinctive Features:

DNPC: Hyatt, Frequently Dead Sidekick

DNPC: Menchi, The Emergency Food Supply

Enraged:

Hunted: Lord Ilpalazzo (Watching)

5 Money: Poor

Physical Limitation: Always Hungry

25 Psychological Limitation: Utterly And Blindly Loyal To Lord Ilpalazzo (VC, T)

Rivalry:

Social Limitation: Secret Identity

Susceptibility:

Unluck: 6d6

Vulnerability:

Experience

Total Disadvantage Points

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote: "Obliterate! Eliminate! Lord Ilpallazzo told me so! Genocide! Manga artist-cide! And an order of homicide to go!"

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

Used properly, Excel allows you (as the GM) to tear down the 4th Wall, wad it up, and toss it over your shoulder. She can comment on the game, the characters, game mechanics, and die rolls freely, and even talk to the players (no, not the PCs, the *players*!). Of course, a character this wacky isn't really suitable for most settings (Here's an idea -- don't have Excel come to the PCs, send the PCs to Excel's world!), although she is less annoying than CLOWN. Finally, for all of you who can't even begin to conceive of a use for Excel in your campaign, I offer this suggestion -- every where you see the name "Lord Ilpalazzo" on the character sheet, cross it out and write in "Foxbat." 'Nuff said... ^_^

( created by, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

HYATT

Val CHA Cost Roll Notes

8 STR 0 11- Lift 100 kg; 2d6 HTH Damage

12 DEX 0 11- OCV: 3 / DCV: 3

5 CON 0 11-

5 BODY 0 11-

14 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

18 COM 0 11-

2 PD 0 Total: PD ( rPD)

2 ED 0 Total: ED ( rED)

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

4 REC 0

20 END 0

20 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 0

Movement: Running: 6" / 12"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Cost Powers & Skills

Martial Arts:

Maneuver OCV DCV Damage

Drain Life: Drain BODY

Disturbing Tendency To Come Back From The Dead: Healing, Regeneration; Regeneration Only (-1/2)

Perks:

1 Membership: Across

Talents:

Skills:

0 AK: Home Area 8-

0 Climbing 8-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Conversation 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Language: Japanese (native)

0 Paramedic 8-

0 Shadowing 8-

0 Stealth 8-

0 TF: Bicycle

WF: Pistol

3 Jack-of-All Trades

1 Office Lady 11-

1 Sales Girl 11-

1 Teacher 11-

Total Powers & Skills Cost

Total Character Cost

XXX+ Disadvantages

Accidental Change:

Dependence:

Distinctive Features:

Enraged:

Hunted: Lord Ilpalazzo (Watching)

Physical Limitation: Very Weak Constitution, Gets Ill Easily, And Dies Frequently

Psychological Limitation:

Rivalry:

Social Limitation: Secret Identity

Susceptibility:

Unluck:

Vulnerability:

Experience

Total Disadvantage Points

Background/History:

Personality/Motivation:

Quote:

Powers/Tactics:

Appearance:

Designer's Notes:

( created by, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

Mr Immortal was the best. I dont think the ability to come back from death is "lame" by any means.

The GLA were goofy, but suprisingly effective.

Never said that ability was lame. But it seems to be his only ability. Normal human STR, DEX, SPD, and doesn't even look like human-max martial arts. Collene Wing could take him nine falls out of ten.

Never said that ability was lame. But it seems to be his only ability. Normal human STR' date=' DEX, SPD, and doesn't even look like human-max martial arts. Collene Wing could take him nine falls out of ten.[/quote']

But the point of Mr. I, to me, was that he could do the things no one else would dare to do because they would DIE. Sure, Colleen would feed him his teeth, until he bear-hugged her and threw them both off the top of the building the were fighting on... :fear:

RE: Rick Jones.

/humor on

Insert buzzer sound here. Thank you for playing, have some Rice A' Roni the San Francisco Treat! ;)

/humor off

RJ has wielded effectively cosmic powers not once, not twice, but *three* times before being merged with Captain Mar-Vell.

Yeah, which I mentioned in my post. The powers, if I remember, were those innate to all humans - essentially, his potential got unlocked. The potential contained in ALL humans. Nothing special to him. He just happened to be there.

I'm talking about Rick Jones when he's normal. Even when bonded with Mar-Vell, it's the cap who has the powers, not Jones.

Isn't Hyatt superhumanly strong? When she's conscious' date=' I mean.[/quote']

Not that I could tell. The only example is from the opening credits, where she slaps that guy through a wall.

I'm talking about Rick Jones when he's normal. Even when bonded with Mar-Vell' date=' it's the cap who has the powers, not Jones.[/quote']

OK, well then Billy Batson's pretty low powered too before the Wizard Shazam powered him up. And don't get me started on that Peter Parker nerd - without that spider, he was nothing! :whistle:

Didn't Avengers Forever imply that Rick is somehow "special", whether a residual effect of his cosmic powering-up or the reason it worked in the first place? He is also trained in martial arts by Captain America (a legacy from his brief tenure as Bucky before he was merged with Captain Mar-Vell). But I wouldn't count him as a Super.

Not lame on the powers front, but the original golden age Immortal Man had basically all the powers of Superman, and satill managed to die at least once in each story. Doesn't speak highly of his brainpower...

OK' date=' well then Billy Batson's pretty low powered too before the Wizard Shazam powered him up. And don't get me started on that Peter Parker nerd - without that spider, he was nothing! :whistle:[/quote']Big difference between people who were spontaneously powered up temporarily, and are no longer so, and people who are normally that way.

Come on, is this such a stupid thing to say? Judging Rick as being incredibly powerful because of three temporary power-ups is like saying Spider-Man is incredibly powerful because he was Captain Universe once, or whatever. BIG difference between temporary increases and how someone's regularly written. And Rick is regularly written as just a normal human with a bit of martial arts (best he can really do is take down a couple of goons by surprise before getting decked by the third).

Didn't Avengers Forever imply that Rick is somehow "special", whether a residual effect of his cosmic powering-up or the reason it worked in the first place? He is also trained in martial arts by Captain America (a legacy from his brief tenure as Bucky before he was merged with Captain Mar-Vell). But I wouldn't count him as a Super.
Yeah, he's very definitely a normal. If I were statting him in a HERO game, though, I'd prolly use a buncha points. Give him combat luck, a few levels in the luck power, some DCV levels with Requires Luck Roll... but that's just to simulate comics writers not wanting him killed off. :) Stuff I don't like just hand-waving in games.

(So no, I don't see that as a reason to see him as anything other than low-powered.)

And that doesn't count because...

You never see her do it again? Seriously, the credits, even for something as whacked as Excel Saga, aren't the best source of information on something a character can do. That scene never appears in the anime, and she never does anything remotely like it. So I tend to discount it as simply another bizzare scene from the opening.

But the point of Mr. I' date=' to me, was that he could do the things no one else would dare to do because they would DIE. Sure, Colleen would feed him his teeth, until he bear-hugged her and threw them both off the top of the building the were fighting on... :fear:[/quote']

In Hero terms, wouldn't he have to get her in a bear hug first? :)