Redundant Internal Organs

Mightybec

Re: Redundant Internal Organs

Probably just increased Body. If you want to be fancy, perhaps also Damage Reduction (something like 25% or 50%, but not vs. Stun). Of course extra organs means higher energy consumption, so either Phys Lim: Eats a Lot or lower END & REC.

It hasn't come up in years, but I once allowed this power to be bought as "Extra Limbs" ... I figured the fact it was usually undetectable without medical scans etc made up for the lack of use you'd get normally.

I doubt that's the BEST way to do it, but it was a quick and lazy way to :)

Off hand, I'd say just buy extra BODY. When it comes down to it, all extra organs would do is keep you alive and reduce the effects of damage. Sounds like extra BODY to me.

Of course, if you had other effects in mind on what redundant organs would do, that might change what the Power does.

Off hand' date=' I'd say just buy extra BODY. When it comes down to it, all extra organs would do is keep you alive and reduce the effects of damage. Sounds like extra BODY to me.[/quote']

I agree.

However, depending on the genre, why not go for +5 BODY, and +5 CON, listed as powers, to reflect the fact that this character is "twice" as healthy and tough with his redundant Internal Organs. I like the extra REC idea as well, and with this you will get 1 point's worth.

A little Power Defense (Maybe 5 active points worth), taken "Only Protects Against Chemicals/Poisons/Drugs (-1/2)," might also be appropriate.

And don't forget that having redundant internal organs could protect you against some NND Martial Attacts, or Dim Mak attacks might not work on you.

I am a first blush minded to go with Life support:duplicate organs and base the in game effects on dramatic sense.....this is worth more if you use disabling hits 'cause this dude is mostly unaffected by the additional effects of same

A lot would depend on if this is a character, or a whole race with similar abilities.

Extra body is probably a must, so is con.

Based upon the theory that reduncy increases efficiency, extra speed is not out of the question.

Extra spinal cord...faster reactions/perception?

A cow has 4 stomachs, to help it digest grass. An extra stomach could allow stange things to be eaten (LS: less food needed)

A race would probably need extra oxygen, to power all this stuff. The organs might also be underpowered...a human can survive on one lung and one kidney, but we are designed for two.