Acro is bored

Acroyear

Re: Acro is bored

How's this?

I like that version much better the colors are almost there. By the way the upper half of his face is covered by a mask that is the same color as the body suit. The eyes come out looking the generic white that is so common with that type of comic-book mask.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's wonderful work. You could get paid for this sort of thing you know. There are a lot of desperate Champions players who'd love to get a custom sketch done.

I'm really just doing this for fun and chronocide.

I certainly can't stop anyone from sending me money or Hero books, though (did I mention I was unemployed at the moment? :P). lol. j/k

I sure hope that she freaked out in a good way! :bounce:

Yes. I printed it out on photo paper and framed it (cheap little $4 8x10 frame). Put it up on her wall (where she had a lot of photos) while she was in SoCal as a surprise. Just left it there so she'd notice it or something. She's left it there (lol). The printed version actually looks much, much better than the electronic version. Good paper will do that.

Doing that "psycho swirl" pattern was a pain, I ended up just playing with filters to get something kind of like it.

Yeah' date=' why don't you scan it and share, so we can freak out too! :D[/quote']

It ended up here:

http://www.cityofheroes.com/community/fanart_14.html

As long as the other two people involved give their permission' date=' I wouldn't mind posting it.[/quote']

Sure, re-post them over there and maybe clear out some of the redundant attachments here for server space considerations.

This last picture is him. This is the one I'll put on the character sheet. :cheers:

Many thanks to the both of you. Now my gaming group will be jealous. :D

I've only had one other character sketch done (my bard in our fantasy game). That's still in progress and its costing me money. I will be pleased if it comes out as good as this.

• 2 weeks later...

Wins what? :D

I'll direct you to the first post in this thread...

"A brand new gnu!" *shakes Super Squirrel's hand.

I saw your name on here and I was all ready to say "You suck, draw your own stuff!"

For those who don't know, KK is a guy -I- pestered to draw stuff for -me-

Can you slide me a description of the Bones Corps. I'm doing this plotline based on the background of one of my players who's the son of two characters from an old giant robot anime called Voltes V.

Anyway, I figured I would have Bozania be the home planet that was turned into Boa by some cataclysm... and now the Boan Corps is visiting Earth to wreak havoc on the planet that thwarted their plans for conquest... I'll just have to stick horns on all the Boans.

And their flying base was a giant flying skull... appropriate imagery...

For more info on the series... http://users.animanga.com/voltesv/

But watch out for the Avenue.A spyware on the site.

Alright. I might as well try.

The Damsel, a male chemist/pasabul crossdreser who moonlights as a gaget ladden crime fighter, protecting New Orleans. "She" wears what appears to be a late 19th centery white longdress, wears a blond wig in a gibson girl style bun, and carries 'her' main weapion, disguised as a parasol. The parasol also can be used as a sort of helecopter.

(I don't think I won, realy. But it is worth a try. And, as eveyone knows, I am wierd. Then again, who is not wierd?)

I just started a new campain set in North Detroit. The heroes are young (17 - 22 years old) built on the old 250 points and starting to make a name for themselves despite being in the shadow of the Champions and Millenium City. They have recently chosen the name The Watchmen and their mysterious benefactor has recently outfitted them with team uniforms (Bulletproof Spandex and Wrist Comms). None of the players nor I have decided on the look for the team outfit, but I'm sure they will want something with a little variation from member to member. If you generous folk feel so inclined a dynamic team pic would be a great addition to a new campaign.

The roster...

Power-Fist - 17 yr old American HS Senior hasn't really grown into his powers yet...much stronger than he looks, still the biggest guy on the team (but not by much)

Scorpion - 20 yr old American Martial Arts instructor, raised in Japan by his adopted father. Scorpion uses his knowledge of the art of accupuncture in combination with his martial arts to incapacitate foes. Needs a looser fitting costume so as not to restrict his movement and help conceal his needles. Usually wears a "domino" mask.

Phantom - 22 yr old American College Grad Lab Tech who specializes in Dimensional / Gravitational Physics. He has a combination of Teleportation and Desolidification Powers. His costume should be a bit darker, have a full face mask and extra padding (per his request to the benefactor).

Thanks for looking...I understand if this is asking too much, but I couldn't resist the temptation since the rest of the works have looked so great!

Since Squirrel didn't come back, I'll open it up again.

To be as fair as possible, I'm not going to do this as a queue system. Some people might not have posted after seeing someone else as first and I want to spread it around, so to speak (I'm also trying not to open it up at the same time as previous offers for those who only are around at certain times). Hopefully that makes sense :)

So, next poster in this thread wins.

Since Squirrel didn't come back, I'll open it up again.

To be as fair as possible, I'm not going to do this as queue system. Some people might not have posted after seeing someone else as first and I want to spread it around, so to speak (I'm also trying not to do open it up at the same time as previous offers for those who only are around at certain times). Hopefully that makes sense :)

So, next poster in this thread wins.

OOOOOH! OOOOH! ME ME ME!!!! :D

Make with the descriptin' :)

Excellent. :eg:

I'm finally gonna get a pick of this guy! :rockon: Sweet. Ok, my namesake, Madstone, is a slingshot weilding alchemist. I know what you're thinking: "Not another slingshot weilding alchemist!" He fires his own special alchemy grenades.

Ok, for description, I'm having a lot of trouble with some of the details, so I'm open to new ideas. I would love to have some sort of action pose. Attached is a heromachine sketch so you'll get a basic idea. I'm also attaching a picture of his somewhat unique weapon. I'm thinking a tunic/vest type of thing, but I also considered a short cloak. Main thing is two ammo pouches on either hip, like extended utility belts. His body double would be Sam Elliot. And for the hat, it's a flat brim, like Old Man's avatar has :D