Acro is bored

Acroyear

Re: Acro is bored

If my vote counts for anything (and I'm sure it does :)) the black cape looks better.

It's a great picture overall. I love the Dr. Midnite inspiration, which I used on my latest character, too. (If only I weren't in traffic when Acro was bored... Curses!)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh! Oooh! Me me me!

I would love a good pic of my pulp character, Jack O'Lantern.

Gotta run for dinner, will post/send you details if I am the lucky winner! :king:

Humm...by any chance was he a guy who spoke in cuplets and fought crime in New Orliens? Cause he sounds familer (I ran a crosdressing gagetear in the same PBEM game).

Excellent.

Yeah, I think the darker cape works better. I keep going back and forth on the chest - good thing I don't have to be consigned to just one costume option! :bounce:

Would you like one of each then? (8^D)

Any other changes you would like to see?

- Christopher Mullins

wo arcoyear that is gorgeous i wish id gottten up 15 minutes earlier. fingers crossed i spot the thread before anyone else the next time.

although im sure i'll have to be lucky as there are bound to be many people who would enjoy seeing a favorite charecter visualised with such finesse.

Do you think thats enough flattery to nudge me up the list next time? lol

Do you think thats enough flattery to nudge me up the list next time? lol

lol

Thanks. I wouldn't count on any favortism, though. The "next post" method works great, because it's all right there on the screen and I don't even have to think about it. I guess you could bribe Ben to delete posts to make sure you're first, though, should I do it again. hehe

steriaca - nope' date=' that wasn't me. Just some other vegetable-wearing loon.[/quote']

Alright...sorry for the confusion.

Which begs to ask...Areo, are you board enougth to try your hand at a pasabul crossdresser dresed in a late 18th centery white long dress and carring his weapion of choice, a high tech parasol? The freek is named The Damsel.

(blinks) Hay...I also have normal charaters. Just ask me about the mutant solar baterie/boy scout named Sunburn.

And here is because is I said I might do the next in line' date=' too :)[/quote']

Excellent! :rockon: Thank you very much. I got to work this morning and logged onto the Hero Sight. Once I noticed the thread had been updated I clicked here, saw the thumbnail and then clicked to get the enlarged view. The firewall came up with the start of working hours just before I could get a look at it. It has been real torture waiting until lunch for the firewall to drop again.

It's wonderful work. You could get paid for this sort of thing you know. There are a lot of desperate Champions players who'd love to get a custom sketch done.

Now if I could get some one who knows what they are doing to volunteer to color it up for me (he said while taking a sideways glance at schir1964). :whistle:

There is a lot I could do with colorization.

This is just rough draft of one way to colorize it.

Anything in particular you wanted?

Cool. When you are finished, why not post it over in the Superhero Images thread for posterity? Best to keep the art all in one place, IMO, so people don't have to go looking all over for it.

Mags

Cool. When you are finished, why not post it over in the Superhero Images thread for posterity? Best to keep the art all in one place, IMO, so people don't have to go looking all over for it.

Mags

As long as the other two people involved give their permission, I wouldn't mind posting it.

- Christopher Mullins

That's fine. Superhero Images is a popular thread and I just wanted to make sure that all the art was in one place eventually.

Someone else started his own personal art thread and it fell into obscurity. Sadly, his art isn't included in the Superhero Images thread so, once forgotten, no one will ever see it. :(

Just trying to avoid that.

Mags

Now if I could get some one who knows what they are doing to volunteer to color it up for me (he said while taking a sideways glance at schir1964). :whistle:

Now who ever got the idea that I knew what I was doing? (8^D)

Actually, the techniques I use are simple, and anyone can do it that has Photoshop Elements or equivalent. The only tedious thing about it is parsing the picture, which basically entails cutting out each piece of the picture that will have a different color to it. After that is done, changing colors and such usually takes less than 1 minute per piece.

I've even figured out a technique for skin color that is fairly simple.

Anyone who has Photoshop can email me and I can show them how to do it.

- Christopher Mullins

There is a lot I could do with colorization.

This is just rough draft of one way to colorize it.

Anything in particular you wanted?

Pretty neat however here is the post in which I originally described his coloring. I wouldn't be such a stickler but I already have a miniature painted up in these colors. The red I originally used for his trunks and gloves was just a little garish I wish it were a little darker red. I originally had his cloak as dark blue, I painted the miniature black. His body stocking came out dark blue when I would have prefered a more violet or dark purple color.

Thanks for doing color for me.

Pretty neat however here is the post in which I originally described his coloring. I wouldn't be such a stickler but I already have a miniature painted up in these colors. The red I originally used for his trunks and gloves was just a little garish I wish it were a little darker red. I originally had his cloak as dark blue, I painted the miniature black. His body stocking came out dark blue when I would have prefered a more violet or dark purple color.

I have a super mage named Enigma. He is about 6' tall with average build. He wears a skin tight body suit with lighter colored trunks (kind of a cod-piece thing) that features a silver mystical-looking buckle. He has a mask/cowl sort of like Batman's that leaves only his lower face explosed (nose and up is covered). The eyes appear as white voids. Over all of this he wears a black cloak and hood. He has buckoneer style gloves and boots (see Capt. America), the boots are black and the gloves are the same color as the cod-piece. He carries a staff that is topped with a small skull whose eyes seem to glow.

Thanks for doing color for me.

Just so I'm sure about the colors.

Body Suit: Violet/Dark Purple

Cod Piece/Gloves: Lighter Violet/Dark Purple

Cape: Black or Dark Blue

Hood: Black

Boots: Black

Buckle: Silver

Staff: Reddish Brown

Skull: White Skull

Glowing Eyes: I defaulted to yellow, but it could be any color you wanted.

Once I get the basic colors down, I'll post it and then you can tell me if something isn't quite right (perception and colors a somewhat subjective). I should be able to get it done relatively quickly then.

- Christopher Mullins

Body Suit: Violet/Dark Purple

Cod Piece/Gloves: Dark Red/Maroon

Cape: Black

Hood: Black

Boots: Black

Buckle: Silver

Staff: Reddish Brown

Skull: White Skull

Glowing Eyes: I defaulted to yellow, but it could be any color you wanted.

Okay I quoted your list and made the modifications I wanted. Thanks again!